Feeding Candida with vegetables that are really fruits

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Feeding Candida with vegetables that are really fruits

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Indrid
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Green peppers and cucumbers worsen my condition. It may be because they’re fruits, not vegetables.
    I’ve copied and pasted classification info below:

If cooked foods are eaten, they should be non-starchy vegetables (i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, etc.) Excellent low-sugar fruits include: Avocado, Bell Pepper, Breadfruit, Cranberry, Cucumber, Grapefruit, Jalapeno Pepper, Lemon & Lime, Okra, Olives, Pumpkin, Serrano Pepper, Squash, Tomatillo, Tomato, and Zucchini.

The following are technically fruits: avocado, beans, peapods, corn kernels, cucumbers, grains, nuts, olives, peppers, pumpkin, squash, sunflower seeds and tomatoes.

Any thoughts to clear up my confusion?

alexisMCA
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 33

You may be on to something I just had a green drink (my morning routine) and put fresh cucumber, greens, 1 clove garlic and celery and I feel terrible. I had this also yesterday. Die-off symptoms I thought but now I think it may be related to the cucumber. I will omit that tomorrow and see how I feel.

I had a rash on my face prior to starting the anti-candida diet and then it got better but it returned so definitely something triggered it and I am thinking it must be the cucumber.

I also have eaten a lot of red bell pepper I love them but perhaps I need to cut those out too!

Where did you find the vegetable information?

If you want to share via email I would appreciate that as well. The forum is nice but it doesn’t have the private message capability and that is helpful. My email is [email protected]

Indrid
    Participant

alexisMCA
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 33

Thank you!

Indrid
    Participant

My original post should be ignored. It just confuses the issue.

I once had an IgG and IgE blood test to pinpoint my food allergies. It showed I’m allergic to zucchini, which is a member of the cucumber family. Most people list cucumbers as an allowed food.

Green bell peppers are not as “controversial” an item for candida sufferers as carrots, but opinions about them still vary, but so do all opinions concerning candida.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The yeast is going to survive and thrive whether you feed it these food items or not so it doesn’t really matter that much. However if you are allergic to foods then this isn’t good for your health in general.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Feeding Candida with vegetables that are really fruits’ is closed to new replies.