Fecal bacteriotherapy (fecal transplant)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Fecal bacteriotherapy (fecal transplant)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Angor 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

I have been giving fecal bacteriotherapy a thought. At first it felt very far away, like something I would have a problem doing. Not just because it’s unpleasant, but since I didn’t feel it was safe. Lately I have decided that I want to give it a try. I would prefer to do it supervised by the medical care but that option is unfortunately out of the question. They would never do it. I have a donor in one of my family members and I finally feel like I’m whilling to give it a try. I don’t know what the outcome will be, but sometimes you have to take a chance … It won’t happen now, but hopefully in a month or so.

Do someone on this forum have instructions on how to do it? Which one of my family members should I choose? What should I think of before and after? Have someone tried it? What was the results?

I’m happy for all the information I can get. And if you have some important facts on why I shouldn’t do it. I would be pleased if you could tell me. All info is helpful info.

Thank you.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Angor;29874 wrote: I have been giving fecal bacteriotherapy a thought. At first it felt very far away, like something I would have a problem doing. Not just because it’s unpleasant, but since I didn’t feel it was safe. Lately I have decided that I want to give it a try. I would prefer to do it supervised by the medical care but that option is unfortunately out of the question. They would never do it. I have a donor in one of my family members and I finally feel like I’m whilling to give it a try. I don’t know what the outcome will be, but sometimes you have to take a chance … It won’t happen now, but hopefully in a month or so.

Do someone on this forum have instructions on how to do it? Which one of my family members should I choose? What should I think of before and after? Have someone tried it? What was the results?

I’m happy for all the information I can get. And if you have some important facts on why I shouldn’t do it. I would be pleased if you could tell me. All info is helpful info.

Thank you.

I have done them several times using my daughter as a donor. One thing I can say, Fecal Transplants are not going to cure a fungal intestinal overgrowth.

I have done HPI and Fecal transplants, both.

They are very easy to do at home. The first I did was a Human Probiotic Infusion ( HPI )
    Since I don’t have medical equipment at home, I bought 00 empty capsules and filled them with fresh feces. I took around 30 after taking a PPI ( Omeprazole ) 72 hours before.

Later, when some months passed, I did Fecal Transplants using an enema fleet bottle. I did a sequence of 6 every weekend.
    I did several enemas with saline water to clean the colon. Then, I did a retention enema with saline water mixed with fresh feces. ( around 4 ounces )

I was sure that the procedure won’t cure a fungal growth, but since I took too much antibiotics during 2008, I wanted to be sure to re-gain some human origin bacterial species I probably lost.

The things didn’t change regarding to candida after I did it.

Success of self-administered home fecal transplantation for chronic Clostridium difficile infection.

Silverman MS, Davis I, Pillai DR.
    Source
    Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. [email protected]
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND & AIMS:
    Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) can relapse in patients with significant comorbidities. A subset of these patients becomes dependent on oral vancomycin therapy for prolonged periods with only temporary clinical improvement. These patients incur significant morbidity from recurrent diarrhea and financial costs from chronic antibiotic therapy.
    METHODS:
    We sought to investigate whether self- or family-administered fecal transplantation by low volume enema could be used to definitively treat refractory CDI.
    RESULTS:
    We report a case series (n = 7) where 100% clinical success was achieved in treating these individuals with up to 14 months of follow-up.
    CONCLUSIONS:
    Fecal transplantation by low volume enema is an effective and safe option for patients with chronic relapsing CDI, refractory to other therapies. Making this approach available in health care settings has the potential to dramatically increase the number of patients who could benefit from this therapy.

Jorge.

Tracy54a
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi Angor.

You can find plenty of info about fecal microbiota transplant including the CDD Home Infusion protocol on my blog.

FMT has helped me significantly, about 50% improvement although not full cure. However I was a particulary bad case having battled gut issues for a long time – candida just being one. The mistake I made was not treating my whole digestive system. There’s no point replacing the flora without nourishing the rest of the digestive system to ensure a relatively healthy environment for the new flora to grow. Not even poop wants to grow in a toxic gut!

I’m now working on getting the other factors right, particularly liver. I’m still aiming for 90% recovery, which may require more FMT.

All the best on your healing journey.

Tracy

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

I’m on the same page as jorge. I tried the fecal transfers but they did not help. Candida probably has to be down to the absolute bare minimum before a fecal transfer can have any chance of being successful/colonizing.

Angor

Thanks everybody for your answers and especially you Tracy. It was after reading your website that I decided it was worth a try. Though I haven’t done it yet, and I’m not completely sure I will. But we’ll see. I read a bit about the procedure. So what i have to do is – fast the day before, do an enema before the fecal transplant itself, buy saline. Have I got it right? Or is there something else I should think about?

Tracy54a
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Yes, purge and fast the day before except for water. Make sure you follow the CDD Protocol which you can download from my site. On the day of the FMT you will need to feed your new flora the stuff that it likes – lots of fruit and vegetables 🙂 Start thinking of your new flora as something precious, like a new born baby to be nurtured and grown.
    To meet others considering the FMT journey checkout our new Facebook group.

Tracy
    http://thepowerofpoo.blogspot.com.au/

Angor

I must ask, what exactly is saline. When I translate it it says water and salt which in swedish translates to a thing called koksaltlösning. But I can’t find koksaltlösning, only sodium chloride. Sodium chloride isn’t saline is it? Would be very greatful if someone could help me on this.

Angor

Tracy54a;30030 wrote: Yes, purge and fast the day before except for water. Make sure you follow the CDD Protocol which you can download from my site. On the day of the FMT you will need to feed your new flora the stuff that it likes – lots of fruit and vegetables 🙂 Start thinking of your new flora as something precious, like a new born baby to be nurtured and grown.

Tracy

Thanks a lot Tracy! Those links are great, though, I can’t read the CDD Home Infusion Protocol – Donor is there something special my donor should do? Thank you, thank you. And also, if you or someone else know the answer to my saline question it would help me tremendously!

dvjorge
    Participant

Angor;30234 wrote:

Yes, purge and fast the day before except for water. Make sure you follow the CDD Protocol which you can download from my site. On the day of the FMT you will need to feed your new flora the stuff that it likes – lots of fruit and vegetables 🙂 Start thinking of your new flora as something precious, like a new born baby to be nurtured and grown.

Tracy

Thanks a lot Tracy! Those links are great, though, I can’t read the CDD Home Infusion Protocol – Donor is there something special my donor should do? Thank you, thank you. And also, if you or someone else know the answer to my saline question it would help me tremendously!

Water with salt. The solution is made with specific proportions.

http://www.craig.copperleife.com/health/saline.htm

Jorge.

Angor

dvjorge;30238 wrote:

Tracy

Water with salt. The solution is made with specific proportions.

http://www.craig.copperleife.com/health/saline.htm

Jorge.

Thanks Jorge! Though, I just called a pharmacy and they said that you only can get a saline soulution on recipe and that all that was avaliable was the sodium chloride. Can you use sodium chloride instead? I mean, what’s the use of the saline? Or could you just use water or something? I want to get it right, but it seems hard to get a hold of saline.

The girl in the pharmacy said that the sodium chloride is sterile the first time you use it, but once you’ve opened the bottle it is not. Hmmm I was planning on doing this very soon so I would be so happy if someone could tell me how dependent I am on saline.

Angor

Is the only way to go about, to make your own saline? 😮

dvjorge
    Participant

Angor;30282 wrote: Is the only way to go about, to make your own saline? 😮

It doesn’t need to be a saline solution. Distilled water works too.

Jorge.

Angor

dvjorge;30308 wrote:

Jorge.

Thanks again Jorge! Though, now I’m back with some new questions. Distilled water also seems a little tricky to get a hold of. People say they buy it from a gas station. Could that be correct? How come it’s important that the water is distilled? An ordinary water enema is fine with just boiled water, am I correct? It would be interesting to find out why. Thanks very much for helping.

dvjorge
    Participant

Angor;30374 wrote:

Jorge.

Thanks again Jorge! Though, now I’m back with some new questions. Distilled water also seems a little tricky to get a hold of. People say they buy it from a gas station. Could that be correct? How come it’s important that the water is distilled? An ordinary water enema is fine with just boiled water, am I correct? It would be interesting to find out why. Thanks very much for helping.

All you need to be sure is to avoid chlorinate water. Tap water is chlorinate. Bleach kills bacteria !!!
    Any supermarket sales distilled or purified water. The water won’t ruin your protocol as long it doesn’t have bleach !

Jorge.

Angor

dvjorge;30381 wrote:

Jorge.

All you need to be sure is to avoid chlorinate water. Tap water is chlorinate. Bleach kills bacteria !!!
    Any supermarket sales distilled or purified water. The water won’t ruin your protocol as long it doesn’t have bleach !

Jorge.

Great, now I get it. Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fecal bacteriotherapy (fecal transplant)’ is closed to new replies.