February Update – Some Questions Too!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions February Update – Some Questions Too!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fml432 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

fml432
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

Hi everyone. Happy Valentine’s Day!

I wanted to share my experience so far with everyone, and to ask a few questions regarding die-off effects, ending the detox period, candida presence, and re-introducing foods. Just FYI, this post shall be unabashedly honest about my condition.

First I want to thank everyone for sharing their stories and insights. I’ve been reading the forums and I feel like I’m really starting to grasp what I have to do to get well again. Still, as always, I have my doubts as to whether or not I’m adhering to things correctly. To summarize everything — I have been suffering from recurring vaginal yeast infections for about two years. Tests in the last year showed that my infestation hadn’t gone systemic and wasn’t related to anything else (like diabetes). Still, despite the usual prescription treatment, nothing had been working.

I’d been following the website’s protocol without a lot of results. Since following Able & Raster’s protocol, however, I’ve seen a definite improvement, but I’ve been struggling to keep straight all the things I have to do. I think I’m finally getting it. Part of it before was confusion, and part of it was a lack of commitment. I feel I have a stronger motivation this time around.

So far I’ve just been on the detox/cleanse period. I’ve been eating mostly green veggies with the occasional eggs. (For instance, I’ll go one or two days eating nothing but veggies, the next day I might have 2-4 eggs, then it’s back to just veggies.) Today marks the tenth day of my detox. I had fish two nights so far, but both were small portions and were spaced at least 4 days apart. I just realized I wasn’t supposed to be having red bell peppers, but the ones I had were very small and I had them days apart as a snack, so now I know. (I figure it doesn’t set me back as much) I’m not taking any vitamins, probiotics, or antifungals. The vitamins no because I know that they won’t be absorbed properly with these foods (though I AM taking molybdenum, milk thistle, biotin 3x a day, and vitamin c 3x a day (before I ran out a few days ago)). I haven’t taken any probiotics or antifungals during this period because of the die-off effects that everyone keeps talking about.

I’m kind of concerned though by the apparent LACK of die off effects I have. The worst I’ve felt has perhaps been sleepiness and fatigue striking me during the middle of the day. Only two days out of these past ten have I felt the need to take a nap, and when I wake up (even after 10 hours of sleep) I feel exhausted. But I don’t work out, and I stay home all day because I’m unemployed. The depression and exhaustion I feel seems more a product of being out of shape and my current job/money situation, so I don’t really count it as a die off effect. I’ve had less bowel movements since I’ve upped my veggies and reduced my egg intake to about 14 a week (For instance, I haven’t gone for about 2-3 days) though I hear this can be normal? Oh yeah, and I had a headache, like once. Is this a sign that I’m off track somehow? Or does this mean that my candida problem isn’t really an infestation, but related to some other health problem I’ve failed to rule out?

And there does seem to still be some yeast present “downstairs” though in VERY small amounts–so small that I’m not seeing much irritation (if any) and there is absolutely no itching or burning. To be perfectly honest, I’ve been suffering from yeast infections for so long, I’ve forgotten what healthy discharge is supposed to look like, so I could be worrying over nothing.

If it IS yeast, though…does that mean I’m overeating? The first week of the detox, I tried limiting my portions to one bowl or plate each meal, so as not to go over the daily sugar limit. My lack of die off effects makes me think that maybe anti-fungals would be okay to start now, but then what am I doing wrong that I’d have to do that? Is a small amount of visible candida still okay in the beginning of the treatment?

As far as starting the actual diet goes–how should I go about it? My plan was to slowly reintroduce organic chicken with small portions, as well as fish, but spacing those out with vegetable-only days. Then, I was going to increase the portions of meat until chicken and fish were a regular part of my rotation. Two weeks after I end the detox (which should be this sunday) I was planning on re-introducing oat bran very slowly. After another two weeks (should everything go well), coconut bread. Then two weeks after that, maybe adding turkey to my rotation.

Regarding reintroducing things: I know we have to reintroduce foods slowly, with a minimum two week period between each food, but what about probiotics? Can I introduce homemade kefir or a commercial probiotic at the same time as I introduce the oat bran? Or do I have to space those out as well?

Last question–For Able: I know I won’t be able to start it right away, but what brand of chicory coffee do you drink? I want to add it to my amazon wish list!

Thanks for reading guys. Any stories, advice, insights you’d like to share is, as always, much appreciated.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I’m kind of concerned though by the apparent LACK of die off effects I have…. Oh yeah, and I had a headache, like once. Is this a sign that I’m off track somehow?

You mentioned that you were taking Molybdenum; this could explain why you’re not receiving the die-off symptoms as its purpose is to prevent toxins from staying in the body and causing problems.

And there does seem to still be some yeast present “downstairs” though in VERY small amounts–so small that I’m not seeing much irritation (if any) and there is absolutely no itching or burning.

This could also be why you’re not experiencing die-off symptoms; maybe your infestation is coming close to its cure.

If it IS yeast, though…does that mean I’m overeating? The first week of the detox, I tried limiting my portions to one bowl or plate each meal, so as not to go over the daily sugar limit.

If you’re on the diet which is posted on the forum, and you’re not cheating, then you’re not eating too much sugar if your symptoms are not growing worse. But if your symptoms are staying the same, then don’t worry about sugar from the diet.

My lack of die off effects makes me think that maybe anti-fungals would be okay to start now, but then what am I doing wrong that I’d have to do that?

Nothing, it’s natural to have to start antifungals after the diet is started.

Is a small amount of visible candida still okay in the beginning of the treatment?

As simple as that question sounds, I don’t think I understand it. Are you asking if all of your symptoms are supposed to disappear during the cleanse part of the treatment?

As far as starting the actual diet goes–how should I go about it? My plan was to slowly reintroduce organic chicken with small portions, as well as fish, but spacing those out with vegetable-only days. Then, I was going to increase the portions of meat until chicken and fish were a regular part of my rotation. Two weeks after I end the detox (which should be this sunday) I was planning on re-introducing oat bran very slowly. After another two weeks (should everything go well), coconut bread. Then two weeks after that, maybe adding turkey to my rotation.

For an explanation of this, just read the forum’s protocol again, it’s all explained there.

Regarding reintroducing things: I know we have to reintroduce foods slowly, with a minimum two week period between each food, but what about probiotics? Can I introduce homemade kefir or a commercial probiotic at the same time as I introduce the oat bran? Or do I have to space those out as well?

You could introduce either the kefir or a probiotic at the same time as oat bran, but don’t introduce both kefir and the probiotic at the same time, wait two weeks between them if you’re going to have the kefir everyday, which you should do.

Last question–For Able: I know I won’t be able to start it right away, but what brand of chicory coffee do you drink? I want to add it to my amazon wish list!

I purchase mine from the Orleans Coffee Exchange but I didn’t see their coffee on amazon, but other brands will work, and I imagine that amazon carries a good 100% chicory coffee.

Able

fml432
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

Thanks for answering my questions, Able!

Able900 wrote:

Is a small amount of visible candida still okay in the beginning of the treatment?

As simple as that question sounds, I don’t think I understand it. Are you asking if all of your symptoms are supposed to disappear during the cleanse part of the treatment?

Yeah, that’s pretty much my question. I saw a bit more “yeast-like” symptoms today—burning, discharge, etc…though I have to say, it’s still fairly mild. I just wonder if, after 10 days of eating nothing but veggies and the occasional eggs, I’m supposed to already be clear by now? Has the candida just adapted to my new diet since there isn’t anything to suppress them (i.e. antifungals, probiotics…)?

I guess I just want to know if mild candida symptoms at this stage are normal, and not a sign that I’m somehow doing something wrong.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘February Update – Some Questions Too!’ is closed to new replies.