Fasting no bowel movements??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Fasting no bowel movements??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ILLaViTaR
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 6

Hi I’m on day 2 of a week long water fast/cleanse and I’ve haven’t had any bowel movements since it began whatsoever which is weird right? I guess there’d be no need since I’m not eating but it’s a bit worrying as I’ve felt a lot of flatulence and the occasional pains but no need to go. Would this be normal or would you say I should be worried? Feeling heaps better from the fast already though!!

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

ILLaViTaR;36780 wrote: Hi I’m on day 2 of a week long water fast/cleanse and I’ve haven’t had any bowel movements since it began whatsoever which is weird right? I guess there’d be no need since I’m not eating but it’s a bit worrying as I’ve felt a lot of flatulence and the occasional pains but no need to go. Would this be normal or would you say I should be worried? Feeling heaps better from the fast already though!!

I have done a couple of water fasts, 6 day & 10 day. Since you stop putting food in your body there is no waste for your body to remove. It’s a normal part of the process. Just thought I would mention while most healthy people doing a water fast will break the fast with fruit and juice, definitely don’t do that if you are trying to fight Candida. You’ll lose most of the progress you made with the water fast. IMO I would steam some green vegetables and end the fast that way. That’s an easy food for your body to digest. Your stomach and digestive system need a little time to recover, so it’s important to eat something very easy to digest like green vegetables.

I imagine this is the first fast you have done. If it is, watch I think you will find those vegetables are those most amazing tasting vegetables you have ever eaten.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Are you taking psyllium husks because this can cause constipation that lasts for days?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fasting no bowel movements??’ is closed to new replies.