Fast Weight Gain!! Anyone else???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Fast Weight Gain!! Anyone else???

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  thomasmite 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

katemurphy83
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

Hi,
    This is week 3 of stage 3 on the diet. It has been a bad week, just have not felt good in general.
    When I first started this diet I lost 6 pounds the first week. I was already thin and didn’t want to lose anymore.
    I started eating a lot of avocado, olive oil and coconut oil. I make a coconut bread once a week and usually have 2 eggs a day.
    This past week I gained eight pounds!!! Whoa!! OK.. I am OK with where I am at now, but I really don’t want to start packing on the pounds! Then I will just feel bad about that, and unhealthy in another way.
    Has anyone else had this experience? I feel like I need to cut out the oils now?? Which is depressing…
    Any advice would be helpful..Thanks Kate

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

This past week I gained eight pounds!!! Whoa!! OK.. I am OK with where I am at now, but I really don’t want to start packing on the pounds! Then I will just feel bad about that, and unhealthy in another way.
    Has anyone else had this experience? I feel like I need to cut out the oils now?? Which is depressing…

This isn’t that uncommon when the coconut oil and coconut bread is added to the diet.

How much of the coconut oil are you taking every day?

The smartest thing to do would probably be to add more vegetables and lessen the amount of coconut bread and possibly the oil. It might also be smart to substitute another egg for a slice of the coconut bread now and then. Some people can become almost addicted to the bread which can be a problem. The coconut oil also has a lot of calories, and adding more of the oil was the only way I finally stopped losing weight when I was on the diet.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just to clarify on the stages:

stage 0: the cleanse
    stage 1: the long diet
    stage 2: more foods when you get better

stage 3: regular healthy version of the western diet where candida doesn’t thrive.

Actually, we don’t even mention stage 3 much on the forum.

-raster

katemurphy83

I meant stage 2 thanks..
    My weight has gone back down..I think I was just bloated and not feeling that well..
    I decided to cut out the coconut bread anyway. Its pretty dense and I feel like it just sits in my stomach. I don’t really feel like I need it anymore, now that I can have apples and a few other things for snacks..

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

katemurphy83 wrote: I don’t really feel like I need it anymore, now that I can have apples and a few other things for snacks..

If you don’t mind, Kate, what are you using for snacks besides apples, and are you eating Granny Smith apples only?

Thanks, Able

katemurphy83

Yes I am only having granny smith, and only half at a time. Also I have been making my own hummus, without tahini. Eating that with quinoa crackers or brown rice cakes. I tried a few raspberries and seemed fine, but I am going to wait a couple of days before I try anymore.
    I wanted to make my own Almond Butter..by soaking organic almonds and then putting them in the food processor. Would this be ok? Thank You!

katemurphy83

raster wrote: Just to clarify on the stages:

stage 0: the cleanse
    stage 1: the long diet
    stage 2: more foods when you get better

stage 3: regular healthy version of the western diet where candida doesn’t thrive.

Actually, we don’t even mention stage 3 much on the forum.

-raster

Wait..now I am confused?
    I do mean stage 3.
    Why are you saying stage 0 is the cleanse when right on the website it says there are 3 stages…1. Cleanse 2. Strict Diet 3. Reintroduce Foods.

Right now I am on what the website considers stage 3..reintroducing foods.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

LOl I just dont get why you guys insist on changing the order of stages from the website. It seems everyone that comes here gets confused.

Really who starts counting at zero? Even kids, look when they play hide and seek. They dont start counting with zero one thousands.

Its just as easy to say, stage 1 …….optional and less confusing to all the new folks.

[email protected]
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Regarding the stages and numbering, the only thing I have to say about this is this…

Anyone that starts with the Cleanse…7 or more days of not eating…deserves a #1! Not a zero!!:) I don’t know about anyone else, but going 7 or more days on this Cleanse is a huge accomplishment. I’m only on day four, but I plan on making it to seven. Once there, I’ll see how I feel and whether I want to extend the Cleanse time frame.

I realize from reading the website as well as the forum topics that it is not completely necessary to do the Cleanse for the Candida treatment to work, but boy is it worth a wink and a nod (ie, the words “Stage One”) for those of us that are doing it.

By the way, a HUGE thank you to Able and Raster for your wealth of knowledge and information. Aside from your numbering system, I send you a big ole hug through the airwaves for your commitment to helping all of us through this challenge:)

Jen

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Luckily all the fats suggested to eat on this diet will get stored as energy to be used latter if needed. So if you do pack it on a bit, just back off for a day or so. Perhaps the Avocado’s, as the Coconut Oil has too many benefits to stop taking.

Unless you think you are struggling with adrenal burnout, despite what many suggest it is better for the health of your leptin (hormone that controls your hunger & response to food) & insulin (carb & fat regulating hormone) to eat 3 meals per day, & space meals out by 4-6 hours.

Another unfortunate factor is when you get stressed your body stress hormone (cortisol), raises this cannibalizes muscle tissue, which slows your metabolism down, so where possible try and manage the stress (easier said than done, I know). I take rhodiola magnesium vit d3 & omega 3 (fish oil, chia seed oil, hempseed oil), but cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, fenugreek, are all helpful for that too. You might need to check if they are allowed on the diet.

thomasmite
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

As you wrote that you use coconut oil and eat oily foods eggs. It is the way to gain weight quickly. I thing you have to take some rest after eating some things. It is the better way to gain weight and fat. Too much diet reduce essential muscles, weight and body become tinny. Normal body weight is essential for attraction figure. Use fish, chicken, meat, egg etc. It help to gain strong and flexible body.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fast Weight Gain!! Anyone else???’ is closed to new replies.