Faith’s Daily Regimen

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Faith’s Daily Regimen

This topic contains 35 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Faith 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

To absorb fat soluble vitamins you need fat, and enough of it to stimulate the release of bile. The small amount of oil in a gel capsule isn’t enough, so your tablets aren’t useless as long as you eat them with fat, which you need to do with the gel capsules too. Pre-dissolving them would probably improve absorption rate though. You don’t need to take vitamin D literally at the same instant as vitamin A, you just need to make sure you’re obtaining both of them from diet/supplements. It’s a good idea to add vitamin K2 to this mix, because it helps in calcium metabolism and can even prevent toxicity of excess vitamin D. Some of the studies about K2 are amazing. You should give it a Google.

As for thyroid being fine, doctors rarely check for all the necessary hormone levels, and as long as you’re in the “healthy range”, your obvious clinical symptoms don’t exist. This site has some info http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/ for lack of a better source. I’d be surprised if your metabolism hasn’t slowed down since eating the fish and vegetable diet. I’m guessing you weren’t eating over 100g/day of protein at the time? Do you include over 60g/day of carbs now? Ketosis increases stress hormones and isn’t good for the thyroid if your metabolism isn’t great, and staying out of it reduces your dietary protein needs.

Javizy

Just came across this great post talking about magnesium in the context of hair loss. Vitamins D and K2 are mentioned too (there doesn’t seem to be anything those two can’t do). 
    http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2010/10/5/what-does-magnesium-have-to-do-with-hair-loss-a-lot.html

And a random blog recommendation if you’re interested in gut flora and immunity http://www.lucastafur.com/

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Javizy,

You’re so sweet, thanks for looking for me! I went to the other link you posted and skimmed through. Ah…lot’s of information! Information to freak me out! 🙂

My mom just went to town, so I called her up and told her to get the K2 for me if she could find it.

Thanks for your input all this time! 🙂 It’s much appreciated!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Faith wrote: I will look for the Liqui-Kelp. What does an iodine supplement do?

Iodine is an element that’s needed for the production of thyroid hormones. The body doesn’t make iodine, so it should be an essential part of your diet or taken as a supplement. If you don’t have enough iodine in your body, you can’t make enough thyroid hormone. In addition to the symptoms I posted, an iodine deficiency can also lead to enlargement of the thyroid.

Able

Faith

I got the Liqui-Kelp and took 4 drops in my kefir with dinner.

Couldn’t find A in a gel pill?

On the back of my A bottle it does say “the vitamin A in this product is water dispersible.”

Do you think if I dissolve it in water then take it, that that would work?

My vitamin D is a D-3 is this wrong? It is a gel pill, should I take it 3x’s if I can take that vit. A?

What is D anyway? Magnesium?

What about the K2? Found that too. It says take one a day at mealtime. What do you think about this?

thank you 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

What about the K2? Found that too. It says take one a day at mealtime. What do you think about this?

It’s fine.

Couldn’t find A in a gel pill?

Unless you live in a one-horse town, it has to be there somewhere. This is what vitamin and health food stores carry because it’s the natural form of vitamin A. You can also order it online.

On the back of my A bottle it does say “the vitamin A in this product is water dispersible.” Do you think if I dissolve it in water then take it, that that would work?

No. “Dispersible” means that it’ll dissolve in water which also means that it isn’t natural. A natural vitamin A is oil soluble which is why the instructions on the vitamin post tell you to take it after a meal containing oil. What you have is a synthetic form of vitamin A.

My vitamin D is a D-3 is this wrong? It is a gel pill, should I take it 3x’s if I can take that vit. A?

D3 is needed but so is regular D. Why would you take three? Is this what the instructions tell you? Might as well go ahead and take the synthetic A since you have it.

What is D anyway? Magnesium?

No. Magnesium is a mineral; D is a vitamin, the one we get from fish liver oil just like vitamin A. That’s why they come in the same gel cap.

Vitamin D3 comes from sunlight when it interacts with chemicals in our skin. This allows the body to produce the D3 in your liver. You really need vitamin D and D3.

(I’m really not trying to be hard to get along with, it just looks that way from where you’re sitting)

Able

Faith

Psshh…I’ve at least counted two horses!!

Well, I guess I’ll keep taking my A until I find the other one.

I read that post by Javizy http://www.dannyroddy.co…th-hair-loss-a-lot.html and it said you’re supposed to be taking a lot of Magnesium? I’m taking one of those Cal, Mag. Zinc pills, is that not enough?

Calcium: 1000 mg or 100% daily value
    Magnesium: 400 mg or 100$ daily value
    Zinc: 15-25 mg or 100-167% daily value
    These can usually be purchased together in one pill. Usually the amounts in one pill mean that you need 3-a day each one after a meal.

I know I already told you that my Biotin has Calcium in it too 66mg, and that if I take one of those and 3 of the other, it would be too much Cal. I know you said to get the pills separate. Well…next time! Can I take one Biotin and two CMZ? And should I find some magnesium powder somewhere and take that too?

(I’m really not trying to be that annoying girl who just can’t get it right, it just looks that way from where you’re sitting) 😉

faith

Faith

Okay, okay, forget it, I’ll get a new Biotin tommorow, and the right A&D. So that will be one of those, one of my D3’s, and three of my CMZ.
    I’ll take my one, K2, and 4 drops of kelp stuff.

So, I think i’m all set now. Except if I should be taking more mag? But I’ll just stick with the protocol for now on taking 3 a day.

:). Saying goodnight now!

Javizy

The list is getting a bit ridiculous, but selenium is another thyroid booster. A study of French women showed the less selenium they obtained, the bigger their thyroid gland was (not a good thing). It also boosts immunity and helps fight cancer. You should be able to get iodine and selenium from vegetables, but modern soil tends to be depleted. I’m not even sure where you can get selenium now apart from Brazil nuts. Certain minerals, thyroid function and susceptibility to infections seem to be closely related. I’ve even seen some candida success stories on CureZone involving these minerals.

Apparently, your thyroid can react to iodine in too high a dose, but will adjust to it over time. It’s best to start small, with say the RDA, watch for any reactions and then gradually increase the dose. Toxicity hasn’t been observed even in ridiculously high doses, but you shouldn’t get carried away with it.

400mg of magnesium is the RDA and a decent amount to take (for once). It’s poorly absorbed after that sort of level, so there’s no benefit in going above it. Apparently the threshold level for women is slightly lower, so try breaking the tablet if you get any bowel reactions to 400mg.

Able900
    Spectator

Javizy wrote: The list is getting a bit ridiculous

Is it ridiculous that I cured my own infestation while taking all the vitamins and other supplements I’ve named and have remained symptom-free and completely well for one year?

Able

Javizy

Able900 wrote: Is it ridiculous that I cured my own infestation while taking all the vitamins and other supplements I’ve named and have remained symptom-free and completely well for one year?

I was sympathising with the fact that it’s a long list to manage and I’m suggesting increasing it. Get over yourself.

Faith

Yikes! Hey now, no use fighting over little old me in the two horse town! 🙂

Just got back from my blood work. I had A & D, and Biotin in my basket at Wal-mart, then all I heard in my head was Able saying…”read the label Faith”!!

Haaaaa, well, the first thing on the label was Soybean oil. Which…I thought might be okay, then…I put them back and figured I’d look online to see if I could maybe find something better? Which is what I’m trying to do now.

I do appreciate all the help! I seem to kind of be going down faster now. I am soooooooo tired, I could barely move yesterday, and this morning is even worse. I want to find the right stuff soon, so hopefully it will change.

Again, thanks guys!

Appreciate your taking the time to help me!!!!

faith

Edit: Looks like all these pills have Soybean oil in it. I know Able that you said once that a little is fine, but it was the first ing. on the bottle. Should I just go back and get the ones at Wal?

Able900
    Spectator

Faith wrote: Yikes! Hey now, no use fighting over little old me in the two horse town! 🙂

LOL Faith, I just now got back to see J’s post. “Get over yourself”? What is he, thirteen? Hilarious.

first thing on the label was Soybean oil. Which…I thought might be okay, then…I put them back and figured I’d look online to see if I could maybe find something better? Which is what I’m trying to do now.

If you find something better, that’s fine, but if not, that small amount of soy oil isn’t going to stop your treatment progress.

I do appreciate all the help! I seem to kind of be going down faster now. I am soooooooo tired, I could barely move yesterday, and this morning is even worse. I want to find the right stuff soon, so hopefully it will change.

I assume you’re still taking Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate at 750 to 1000 mcg a day if you need it? And are you drinking more water than you ever thought you could drink?

Able

Faith

Hey, I thought I got lost into the abyss of post land! 🙂

I’m trying to drink…but this whole thing about drink now, don’t drink now, has me kinda confused too? I guess maybe I’ll just drink a lot?

Still tired. I think I’m almost at another food WALL too. Like…I’d rather starve than eat the same thing yet again. Huh…this is not very fun! 🙁 I just wish I could have some other protein besides eggs? I have to really think….then swallow!

I’ve been doing pretty good on the C.Oil, but today after lunch I took a big spoon, and…oh no…yep…right into the sink!! Yuck! I just couldn’t stop it! Haaaaaa!!!

All I thought while I looked at it in the sink was…man…that was like at least a quarters worth!!

This is hard. I don’t really like eating, or drinking, and my hair is STILL falling out!

I get my blood test results back on Tues. night, so we’ll see how that went?

Yes, I’m taking the Moly. 3x’s a day.

Able900
    Spectator

I’m trying to drink…but this whole thing about drink now, don’t drink now, has me kinda confused too? I guess maybe I’ll just drink a lot?

Ok, what have you been reading? Who told you not to drink water?
    Tell me about how much water you’ve been drinking in the last two days, please.

I’d rather starve than eat the same thing yet again. Huh…this is not very fun! 🙁 I just wish I could have some other protein besides eggs?

Are you eating some of the breads made from the recipes every day?
    If you’ve not been getting enough calories, this would account for you being so tired. Have you been able to find organic chicken in that one-horse town? If so, you could eat this at least twice a week. Also, sardines are acceptable once or twice a week providing you don’t experience any reactions.

I get my blood test results back on Tues. night, so we’ll see how that went?

Is this a thyroid blood test? The tiredness you experience also sounds like a thyroid problem especially when we consider the amount of hair loss involved. If your thyroid hormones are off balance, you definitely want to take whatever medication they determine that you need.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Faith’s Daily Regimen’ is closed to new replies.