Fainting, vomiting, diarrhea is this die off?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Fainting, vomiting, diarrhea is this die off?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Purple carrot 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Purple carrot
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hi everyone, i have been on the candida diet for almost two months now and after a year of symptoms have been feeling a lot better. I went out for dinner to a Greek restaurant a couple of days ago and as always selected items from the menu that seemed to contain no sugar, carbs etc. there was a group of three of us and we had several share plates. About 15 mins after dinner I got the most incredible stomach pains and had to go to the toilet several times with extreme diarrhea (sorry if this is too graphic, it was very embarrassing;-(. Then I actually fainted and my husband came to find me collapsed on the bathroom floor in the restaurant. I was extremely dizzy, sweating, had tingling and stffness in my hands and face. I then vomitted several times. And then I was better! I just felt very tired. The whole episode lasted about 15-20 mins. I have been to the doctor who tried to tell me it was food poisoning, despite sharing with two other people who were fine. The restaurant have been fantastic have given details on all ingredients used in every dish. The only thing that seems different to my normal diet is the slow roasted lamb. This is cooked in olive oil, lemon, garlic, white wine and oregano. So my question is, does anyone have experience of these type of problems from wine used in cooking? The staff tell me that their oregano (they call it rigani) is importeded from Greece dried on the stalk and is very potent, since the lamb was cooked in olive oil, lemon, garlic, wine and rigani (orecano) I wonder if there is a possibility this could be die off from the strong oregano? Any thoughts would be really appreciated:-). Thanks for reading!!! Xx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I wonder if there is a possibility this could be die off from the strong oregano?

I suppose it’s possible, although die-off symptoms normally take at least an hour or more to take effect; so does food poisoning in fact.
    It’s really next to impossible to know the cause at this point.

To be safe from die-off from now on, read the following post.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

Able

Purple carrot

Thanks for that will give it a go. This is the first time I’ve had any type of reaction despite taking nystatin, coconut oil and yeast stat and probiotics at different times over the past 2 mths…weird…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds like food poisoning to me…

How cooked was the meat when you ate it? Was it more on the raw/rare side?

Have you been eating meat in general before this dinner?

I eat lamb 1-2x per week and have had no problem. I know you probably don’t want to do this, but try cooking up some lamb at home to see if you get the same reaction. If so, then the cause could be because of other reasons.

-raster

Purple carrot

Hi raster I have lamb quite often at home with no issues. The only reason I don’t think it’s food poisoning is because 2 other people ate exactly the same as me…unless perhaps my stomach is more sensitive due to my current diet? It just seems odd that it passed so quickly…. May remain a mystery, I’m thinking of ordering a takeaway of the dish to test again at home…

Purple carrot

The lamb was slow cooked for 6 hrs so very well cooked and falling off the bone…

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Food poisoning doesn’t go away nearly that fast; at least no type of food poisoning I’ve ever heard of. Generally, the victim is lucky to be better within 48 hours, and the sickness from certain types of food poisoning can last as long as ten days.

My money is still on the die-off effect due to the strong garlic. I know you wrote that you had been on “the Candida diet” for two months, but there are lots of different Candida diets. Was it the one on this website, the one on the forum, or a totally different one?

Able

Purple carrot

Hi able I have been following the stage 2 diet from this website strictly. I’ve been feeling so much better until this happened…
    Thanks for your help able and raster it’s much appreciated…

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Long before I started the diet, I would have a reaction after eating greasy chicken (pretty much any chicken that was not purchased at Trader Joe’s, the free range organic one) and I would get cramps 15-20 minutes after eating it and end up with diarrhea. Never threw up or fainted, but after I would pass everything out I would be fine. Everyone kept convincing me that it could not be possible that I digested it so fast, but it ALWAYS happened after eating greasy chicken and it happened within 20 minutes after eating it. It happened at times with some combinations of my mixed salads, but I didn’t track down which combination did it (I used to throw in a lot of ingredients in my mixed salads so it was difficult to track down which ingredient was the key for this symptom).

I had a good digestion and could eat stones, never got gas from gassy foods such as cabbage or broccoli so this was something specific to whatever was in a store bought chicken. Since I switched to range free organic kind, I never had the reaction. If my husband purchased roasted chicken from Ralphs or similar, I knew I will run to the bathroom within 20 minutes and prepare myself for it…

Purple carrot

Interesting orka…you have just reminded me of a reaction I used to have as a teenager every time I ate McDonalds (no fainting or vomiting)… I haven’t eaten maconalds for over ten years because of it (can’t say I miss it :-)… Though this was a pretty fancy restaurant, not sure what they would have in common…?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fainting, vomiting, diarrhea is this die off?’ is closed to new replies.