Faecal Transplant Therapy

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Faecal Transplant Therapy

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bloom 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bloom
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

Has anybody had any experience, directly or indirectly, in any way whatsoever, with the concept of a faecal transplant?

I am currently considering giving this a try in the hope that it may help with my IBS and/or CFS both of which I’m sure are Candida related.

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

Sorry but I’ve never seen anyone discuss this before. Have you ever considered probiotic enemas?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

bloom;48105 wrote: Has anybody had any experience, directly or indirectly, in any way whatsoever, with the concept of a fecal transplant?

I am currently considering giving this a try in the hope that it may help with my IBS and/or CFS both of which I’m sure are Candida related.

I have done them myself several times. Orally and rectally. They won’t cure a fungal infection.

Jorge.

HeatherJ
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 34

It sounds interesting…and gross. What I read on Google was sort of promising. But, I will let you go first and wait for your post…

However, this did seem less gross after I watched this video about poo wine: http://www.vice.com/shorties/how-to-make-faeces-wine be warned, after she takes a good drink, gets tipsy, and leaves, she gets really ill.

What IS interesting is that there is a Korean medical tradition (and museum) that centers around using fermented poo.

And, there was an episode of Grey’s Anatomy in which they did this process, but through the nose-far less effective, from what I read.

bloom

Smitty99;48113 wrote: Sorry but I’ve never seen anyone discuss this before. Have you ever considered pro biotic enemas?

hey Smitty99, I haven’t but I will look into it although really a faecal transplant is the same thing but more effective as you are using bacteria as live as can be.

bloom

dvjorge;48114 wrote:

Has anybody had any experience, directly or indirectly, in any way whatsoever, with the concept of a fecal transplant?

I have done them myself several times. Orally and rectally. They won’t cure a fungal infection.

Jorge.

Thanks Jorge, I’ll need to clear up any Candida first I appreciate so I won’t be trying this for a while. I’ve just signed up with uBiome who will sequence bacteria in my gut as part of crowd funded trial they are doing.

I see the fecal transplant as the only way to effectivly recolonise the bacteria in the gut so I may have a uBiome report before and after to see what whether it has any effect on the results.

bloom

HeatherJ;48153 wrote: It sounds interesting…and gross. What I read on Google was sort of promising. But, I will let you go first and wait for your post…

However, this did seem less gross after I watched this video about poo wine: http://www.vice.com/shorties/how-to-make-faeces-wine be warned, after she takes a good drink, gets tipsy, and leaves, she gets really ill.

What IS interesting is that there is a Korean medical tradition (and museum) that centers around using fermented poo.

And, there was an episode of Grey’s Anatomy in which they did this process, but through the nose-far less effective, from what I read.

hahaha, that was so funny, she didn’t know whether to laugh or cry at the end! It seems the concept goes further back than I thought, if there’s one thing for sure though, I won’t be using Dr. Lee Chang Soo’s wacky methods.

bloom

Faecal transplants beat antibiotics in clinical trial:- National Geographic

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Faecal Transplant Therapy is said to be much more efficient than taking probiotics. It can help people curing diarrhea etc, but I don’t think it will cure your candida.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Fecal transplant did not help me either. Fungal candida needs to be at the bare minimum for this to have a chance to be successful–if it can be successful at all. People get good results from fecal transplants when their dealing with C. Diff.

bloom

TheChosenOne;48223 wrote: Faecal Transplant Therapy is said to be much more efficient than taking probiotics. It can help people curing diarrhea etc, but I don’t think it will cure your candida.

I know it won’t cure my candida but I am primarily hoping it may help with my CFS/IBS.

Pro-biotics are obviously a part of the Candida regime so it will help as of part of that too if it works.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Faecal Transplant Therapy’ is closed to new replies.