Extremely Bad die off, possibly my own fault?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Extremely Bad die off, possibly my own fault?

This topic contains 49 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

A rollercoaster is a good analogy for the first month or two of the treatment, in my opinion. From what I’ve experienced and read, it’s pretty common to have intense die-off for a few months. It takes a long time to kill everything off.

And it’ll get better and worse, better and worse, and eventually better. I would have days where I was feeling pretty good followed by days when all I could do well was sleep and stare at walls.

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

shayfo;43649 wrote: A rollercoaster is a good analogy for the first month or two of the treatment, in my opinion. From what I’ve experienced and read, it’s pretty common to have intense die-off for a few months. It takes a long time to kill everything off.

And it’ll get better and worse, better and worse, and eventually better. I would have days where I was feeling pretty good followed by days when all I could do well was sleep and stare at walls.

thanks so much shayfo. that’s exactly how I feel right now. the pressure in my head is so bad at certain timea of the day and other times it seems to be not there at all. its really strange.

my breath not stinking of yeast anymore is encouraging. it must mean I’m killing yeast.

I’ve been looking for virgin coconut oil and the thirty bottles I’ve looked at doesn’t say whether they are wet milled or fermented. would organic virgin coconut oil be ok?

shayfo

Yep. The cheapest and most readily available for a lot of people is the organic VCO at Trader Joe’s.

Flower1331
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Wow!! I can totally relate! I’m so glad to have found this forum as all I can think about and talk about these days is my candida cleanse. So I think I too went into the antifungals too quickly. I have been ok the diet for three days but have been off all grains for several months so I felt like I have adjusted myself slowly. Well on Friday ( two days ago) I woke up feeling fantastic, took my antifungals and by the afternoon I kid you not I was puking, it felt like a full on virus! Chills, headache, I felt terrible and I thought I had food poisoning because I didn’t think that candida die off could be that extreme. Meanwhile, my muscles have been twitching and I got a severe yeast infection, all around the same time! So tonight I finally saw the dead candida come out of me, and I realized everything I’ve been experiencing is die off!! Well obviously I’ve read enough to know I need to slow down and take it easy on my body, I could even go to work that’s how bad I felt. All I can say is that this is going to be one hell of a process and I’m going to have to stay really strong because this is not for wimps, it’s serious buisness! I’d love to hear from people who have successfully treated their candida and now feel great!!!

Smitty99

Flower1331;43659 wrote: Wow!! I can totally relate! I’m so glad to have found this forum as all I can think about and talk about these days is my candida cleanse. So I think I too went into the antifungals too quickly. I have been ok the diet for three days but have been off all grains for several months so I felt like I have adjusted myself slowly. Well on Friday ( two days ago) I woke up feeling fantastic, took my antifungals and by the afternoon I kid you not I was puking, it felt like a full on virus! Chills, headache, I felt terrible and I thought I had food poisoning because I didn’t think that candida die off could be that extreme. Meanwhile, my muscles have been twitching and I got a severe yeast infection, all around the same time! So tonight I finally saw the dead candida come out of me, and I realized everything I’ve been experiencing is die off!! Well obviously I’ve read enough to know I need to slow down and take it easy on my body, I could even go to work that’s how bad I felt. All I can say is that this is going to be one hell of a process and I’m going to have to stay really strong because this is not for wimps, it’s serious buisness! I’d love to hear from people who have successfully treated their candida and now feel great!!!

Welcome to the forum!

Shayfo has been a wealth of knowledge for me and if I’m not mistaken almost fully recovered 3-5 months into the treatment.

I’ve also learned a ton in just over a week of people helping me and reading things on here. I too as you probably already read had a super bad die off about 6 days ago now. I didn’t puke but holy cow was I ever close. The reason I held back was cause I’ve been also battling acid reflux and I did not want to damage my throat any further so I held back as best I could. The body aches were soooo bad and my heart felt like it was gonna beat outta my chest. Was awful. That happened about day 6 or 7 into my diet. I took 3 or 4 days off after that to let me organs rest and just stuck to the diet and then slowly introduced antifungals back in. I’m not having nearly as bad die off now which is a good thing I think. I’m still taking it slow with antifungals though until my molybydem gets here which helps protect your organs during die off. Once I’m on that I will ramp up my intake of antifungals.

What I would recommend to you if you want to kick this as soon as possible is to follow the protocol listed on this forum. It has a ton of great info and shows you how to follow the candida diet to increase your chances of success and what not to do.
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

I’ve actually seen some diets say potatoes is ok for candida which is absolutely crazy and I’ve read stories on here of people saying they eat tons of potatoes everyday but can’t seem to kick candida. sad.

But anyways.

Good luck! We’re in this together haha

shayfo

Hey Flower, be sure to get molybdenum amino acid chelate, if you haven’t yet. It’ll help your body handle the die-off toxins. You can also get milk thistle capsules. There’s more information about die-off remedies from Able900 here: https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Just echoing shayfo (as usual…what can I say? she wakes up earlier than I do, LOL!)…

DEFINITELY get the molybdenum and milk thistle as well. Also, taking a shitload of vitamin C each day helps (I take 3000mg). And luckily, C is one of the least expensive supplements there is, yay. (This stuff add$ up :p)

Smitty99

alexalgebra;43688 wrote: Just echoing shayfo (as usual…what can I say? she wakes up earlier than I do, LOL!)…

DEFINITELY get the molybdenum and milk thistle as well. Also, taking a shitload of vitamin C each day helps (I take 3000mg). And luckily, C is one of the least expensive supplements there is, yay. (This stuff add$ up :p)

Just keep following Able’s strict diet and the protocol. The first month is the worst, then it starts getting better from there. Gradually, you have some good days here and there, then before you know it, more good than bad.

Shayfo has helped ease this whole hellish process for me. I am eternally grateful to her! 🙂

I wanna ask a question but am a little embarrassed cause it may fall under the TMI folder…. lol. I’ll try to be as graceful as possible.

Is it normal to see little black specks/dots after you go to the bathroom in the toilet? Is this dead yeast or should I be concerned? I tried searching the forum but could not find any info confirming this or not by raster or Able.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Do you mean when you poop?

Because, I think that’s normal…my colon hydrotherapist told me it’s just bits of herbs and things that don’t get digested.

Smitty99

shayfo;43649 wrote: A rollercoaster is a good analogy for the first month or two of the treatment, in my opinion. From what I’ve experienced and read, it’s pretty common to have intense die-off for a few months. It takes a long time to kill everything off.

Hey shayfo. Wanted to ask you a question. Did you ever get the swollen lymph nodes in your neck and what exactly did it feel like? I have tightness on the sides of my throat, kind of surrounding where my adams apple is. I’m not sure if this is swollen nodes or just tight muscles. It seems to get worse after I take my antifungals but that could happen for muscles or nodes I guess.

As for everything else, my sinus pressure is 80 percent better thanks tot he molybdenum. I still get mild to average dizziness, almost like a vertigo. But I am improving. From where I was 7 days ago, it is a pretty drastic improvement. Throat is still pretty bad though and thrush seems to be getting pretty ticked off lately but I hear it’s one of the last things to go…. lovely lol

For anybody attempting this without molybdenum…… you’re one crazy sob. lol.

Smitty99

alexalgebra;43728 wrote: Do you mean when you poop?

Because, I think that’s normal…my colon hydrotherapist told me it’s just bits of herbs and things that don’t get digested.

I did some more research on that and I did find a couple places saying it is dead yeast but I like your explanation too. That makes a lot of sense as well. I also found somewhere saying that dark stool can also mean dead parasites and yeast.

I was thinking today about how I see a lot of stories on this forum about people still having issues with sinus congestion and dizziness months after doing antifungals and candida diet. I read an article that basically said our bodies have no way of excreting one of the nasty byproducts of dying yeast which I think was the acetaldehyde. Most of those people say nothing of using molybdenum which enables the body to convert this and eliminate it. I wonder if it’s possible that all these people are just still feeling the effects of acetaldehyde and haven’t been able to eliminate it out of the body because the article I read said without the proper help, it will still there and be absorbed into our tissues and cause permanent damage.

shayfo

Yep, swollen lymph nodes for sure. I remember Alex also saying he had issues with this. For me, it was mostly my tonsils, who have valiantly tried to save me from every foreign invader they’ve ever met. I also had some intense muscle tightness in the back of my neck for a while. You can kind of poke around (lightly!*) and try to palpate whether the sore areas feel round, like little beans, or more ropy. Little hard bean feeling = lymph nodes. Hard ropy = muscles. (Generally.)

*Don’t push aggressively on your lymph nodes when your body is detoxing. They’re doing a job, which is collecting gross shit to get rid of it, and you can potentially push the toxins back out into your system if you’re squishing them (which is counterproductive, of course).

Alex found this video (I think) a few months ago and it helped both of us a bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-wi0d7-Ro

Also, here’s some info about acetaldehyde in the context of hangovers. It’s applicable to die-off, as well. http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/human-biology/hangover4.htm

Smitty99

shayfo;43953 wrote: Yep, swollen lymph nodes for sure. I remember Alex also saying he had issues with this. For me, it was mostly my tonsils, who have valiantly tried to save me from every foreign invader they’ve ever met. I also had some intense muscle tightness in the back of my neck for a while. You can kind of poke around (lightly!*) and try to palpate whether the sore areas feel round, like little beans, or more ropy. Little hard bean feeling = lymph nodes. Hard ropy = muscles. (Generally.)

*Don’t push aggressively on your lymph nodes when your body is detoxing. They’re doing a job, which is collecting gross shit to get rid of it, and you can potentially push the toxins back out into your system if you’re squishing them (which is counterproductive, of course).

Alex found this video (I think) a few months ago and it helped both of us a bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-wi0d7-Ro

Also, here’s some info about acetaldehyde in the context of hangovers. It’s applicable to die-off, as well. http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/human-biology/hangover4.htm

omg shayfo! Swollen tonsils, that didn’t even cross my mind. Maybe that has been the discomfort all along that I’ve been having in my throat. I kept thinking it was oral thrush but could find no white lesions in my mouth. But swollen tonsils makes more sense. You said you had this issue as well? Did you notice mild discomfort when taking deep breaths?

Also its something that will go away right? I don’t have to worry about getting them removed or antibiotics? Which is the last thing I ever want to put in my body ever again if I can help it.

shayfo

My lungs felt shitty and heavy for several weeks and I’d get out of breath easily. Eventually, it cleared up. Vitamin C helps a little, but I think mostly it just takes time.

I would leave your tonsils alone. They feel swollen and terrible because they’re working hard for you. If the swelling doesn’t subside as you start to feel better, it might be something you need to address, but I wouldn’t worry about it for now. Even mainstream doctors these days agree it’s better to leave them in, since they’re such an important part of the immune system.

Also, if you’re bored and want to see something really gross to make you paranoid for a week, look up “tonsil stones” on youtube and watch some videos. Horrrrrifying.

Smitty99

shayfo;43955 wrote: My lungs felt shitty and heavy for several weeks and I’d get out of breath easily. Eventually, it cleared up. Vitamin C helps a little, but I think mostly it just takes time.

I would leave your tonsils alone. They feel swollen and terrible because they’re working hard for you. If the swelling doesn’t subside as you start to feel better, it might be something you need to address, but I wouldn’t worry about it for now. Even mainstream doctors these days agree it’s better to leave them in, since they’re such an important part of the immune system.

Also, if you’re bored and want to see something really gross to make you paranoid for a week, look up “tonsil stones” on youtube and watch some videos. Horrrrrifying.

I need to get some more vita c for sure. When I think about it now, the discomfort in my throat is roughly where my tonsils are too and it would also explain the bad breath which I normally don’t have. I thought the bad breath was yeast or something.

I can’t wait for my throat head and breathing to be 100 % so I can get back to working out and hockey. My hockey team is whining at me to come back and it’s tough trying to explain to them what is wrong. lol.

Omg, I scare the shit outta myself enough. I don’t think I will haha. I’ll end up thinking I have the worst case scenario. For a big tough hockey player, I am the worst hypochondriac. lol

You’ve connected more dots for me than any doctors I’ve seen in the last 3 months haha.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Extremely Bad die off, possibly my own fault?’ is closed to new replies.