Extreme fatigue during stage 1 – help required

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Extreme fatigue during stage 1 – help required

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

phil1
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 11

Hi All,

I have been started on the candida diet by my a nutritionist. I had a serious illness 2 years ago and felt like I only returned to 80% rather than 100%. The nutritionist felt like the diet could help especially considering the amount of antibiotics I’ve had.

I’ve now been on the stage 1 diet very strictly for just over 4 weeks. I had a poor diet before this (lots of sweets, coke, deserts etc).

During the first week I had very extreme die-off reactions (strong heart palpitations, pouring sweat at night, headaches, dizziness etc). In the few weeks that have followed this has gone away but I still feel very weak and tired and foggy(much worse than before I started the diet). Even a walk to the local high street is a struggle. Was hoping to have seen some benefits by now.

I don’t really want a critique of my diet as I’d like to stick to the advice of one person at present but diet is rolled oats w/ water and 4 eggs for breakfast. Pepper slices and chicken/beef at 11am. Salad and chicked breast at 3:30pm. Salmon/chicken/beef and allowed vegetables at 7pm and coconut chips before bed at 9:30pm. I also have pau d’arco tea, a strong probiotic, garlic, liquorice root, multivitamin and magnesium at various times.

I am strting to suspect the weakness and tiredness may be from the fact that I just can’t seem to get enough food to ‘fill me up’ on the stage 1 stuff that is allowed. I have lost 10kg in the 4.5 weeks I’ve been on the diet and that is with no exercise at all. I am still losing weight at the same pace and no matter how much of this stuff I eat I can’t seem to slow down the weight loss. I’m a really big guy (6 foot 8) and feel that even if I have 3 chicken breasts and a huge plate of veggies I’m still ‘starving’ 2 hours later.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why I still have such weakness/tiredness/fogginess after this time, and is it an issue trying to feed a body my size on the stage 1 diet with zero carbs etc?

Also, any thoughts on how I can stabilise my weight? I feel like I can’t physically eat any more than I am but the stage 1 foods just can’t fuel me enough. I’m worried I’ll be too light soon and not a healthy weight after being slightly overweight before the diet.

Any help greatly appreciated. It’s very hard doing such a strict diet (I don’t like many of the foods at all) with negative results to show for it!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

phil1 wrote: Any help greatly appreciated. It’s very hard doing such a strict diet (I don’t like many of the foods at all) with negative results to show for it!

Hello, Phil.

If you haven’t done so already, please read the post titled “Die-Off Dangers” dated August 27. You can substantially ease your die-off symptoms by using the two supplements named in that post.

As far as your constant hunger is concerned, this is perfectly normal with Candida and die-off. To help this, look for the Coconut Flour Bread recipe in the “recipes” section of the forum. The bread is filling and full of nutrients and you can eat a slice or two with every meal as well as snacks during the entire treatment period.

In your quote above, you stated ‘with negative results.’ I can only assume that you’re speaking of your Candida symptoms, is this true? If you’ve seen any improvements at all in the symptoms, please give us a rating between 1 and 10 for the symptoms you had before you went on the diet and then another rating for now.

After I receive your answers I’ll write another reply.

Able

phil1

Thanks Able,

By negative, I mean that the symptoms I had which were the reason for starting the diet are worse rather than better. Overall, since my illness and all of the antibiotics I had had low energy, foggyness and tiredness as well as some pins and needles. All of these things would be worse today than they were before I started the diet at the end of July.

If my energy etc was a 7 out of 10 before the diet it would maybe be a 4 now. I feel extremely weak.

I have noticed some benefits from the diet. My skin is brighter and clearer, I dont get athletes foot, I get a bit less stomach bloating etc. Although these are pleasing they are not the reason I’m on the diet.

Overall, since I started the diet my energy is way worse than it was prior to the diet. If the die-off is the worst ‘crashing’ bit then I feel I’m over that however day to day I have no energy at all and feel weak. Felt much more able to do things on my old poor diet.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hell Phil,

I experienced the same symptoms as well and the same problems. The trick is you gotta eat more somehow; add extra chicken/eggs to meals, add the breads to meals, add some snacks, etc. You need protein with every meal.

Cut the beef out of your diet if possible.

Your adrenal glands are completely depleted (from before the diet) so you need to re-energize them in some manner. Try slowly to get more exercise (take walks around the neighborhood), or one big hike during the weekend (for me a 4 mile hike will take me out of commission for 2-4 days). Rest is the most important thing you need during the diet and your energy will slowly get better.

Coffee, while it sounds good because you are fatigued…drains your adrenal glands even more, so refrain from that if you are drinking it.

You need some kind of b12 supplement to get your adrenal’s back to full power. You need digestive enzyme (grape bitters) to get more energy out of the food you are eating. Your body is using a ton of energy to fight the candida off, and as it gets better, your body will have more reserves for normal stuff.

It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida depending on how severe of a case you have.

Consulting a naturopathic doctor may result in a quicker recovery as it may be hard to think real clearly, etc while on diet.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello.

If the symptoms that you wish be rid of the most are not stemming from die-off but the Candida itself, which you seem to believe, then it’s simply because you have a strong case of Candida. It can take a few months for most of the symptoms to disappear, especially if it is a particularly bad infestation. The fact that you’re seeing less of the other symptoms, i.e. your skin and athletes foot, is a sign that the diet is indeed working.

One of the reasons for the fatigue can be the fact that your liver is still working at ridding your body of the toxins being created by the Candida, plus, Candida in general is a drain on the liver as well as other organs. If the blood is receiving an overload of toxins and is not able to clear them out quickly because of weak and/or inefficient liver function, then the blood is limited as to amount of oxygen and nutrients it is able to carry through the bloodstream, which in turn reduces energy production. This is how poor liver function results in constant fatigue. Molybdenum is an essential trace mineral which aids the liver in its functions and may be all it takes to relieve some of the fatigue.

Other than the energy production, the fact that you’re not receiving the amounts of carbohydrates needed for energy production is something that your body is still adjusting to. Eating something like half of a Granny Smith apple twice a day can add some carbs to your diet, as well as coconut flour bread which is filling and nutritious. You can find the recipe for the bread on the forum.

If you will give me the name of your multi-vitamin, I’ll check the ingredients in it.

Able

alwcm4
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 19

I wanted to hopefully make you feel better and not like your all alone, as I am on just my first week of Stage 1 of the diet and am feeling extreme fatigue also. I have lost over 8 lbs this week. I’m adding more meat into my diet, and that might slow down the weight loss, but I don’t see it stopping it. My die-off symptoms are minimal right now and I think they are what is causing my fatigue, not the lack of calories.

phil1

Thanks very much for the replies everyone – really appreciate the support.

I’ll get started on the coconut bread and other snacks and try and rule out beef for now.

I take a multi vit called viridian multiphytonutrient complex on the recommendation of the nutritionist – it has B12 and Molybdenum in it.

I was very ill for about 18 months from the serious illness I had and hospitalised so would find it hard to take if I now had these symptoms for a long time to try and get rid of candida overgrowth but for now I feel like I have the willpower to keep going as long as I can.

I think if I can slow down or even stop the weight loss I’d feel better as another month of weight loss like this and I’d be too light (and losing 20kg in 8 weeks wouldnt be healthy at all).

Thanks again.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Phil, sorry about the poor advice. I said something about “b12,” but I just meant a good b-vitamin. Able made a post recently about how to get b vitamins out of your diet, so I suggest trying that as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Extreme fatigue during stage 1 – help required’ is closed to new replies.