Experts… my husband needs help with leg cramps!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Experts… my husband needs help with leg cramps!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hilary 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hilary
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 25

Hi guys!

My husband is 12 days in stage 1 and is suffering from terrible leg cramps. He is on his feet all day and then up at night with cramps and doesn’t know what to do. (He has struggled with leg cramps for years, but it’s much worse now).

Able he read your post about getting enough salt and water, but aside from that and making sure he is not potassium deficient, what else do you suggest?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. He is very miserable!

Hil

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

This is my standard response to a leg cramp problem, and there’s really nothing else to add to it, Hilary.

“Since electrolyte loss and dehydration are a common cause of muscle cramps, be sure to drink lots of water throughout the Candida treatment.

It seems that the best way to get past a cramp once it’s started is by consciously relaxing your entire body and especially the area where the cramp is located. Deep breathing is the best relaxation tool it seems. Lightly massaging the cramped muscle with your hands also helps.

Muscle cramps are also due to a mineral deficiency, usually a deficiency of calcium, magnesium, and/or potassium (calcium should always be taken along with magnesium). For this reason you should start taking calcium and magnesium together. Find a potassium supplement if you wish, but the best way is to be sure to obtain a plentiful amount of apple cider vinegar every day since it contains a good supply of potassium and other minerals as well. Four teaspoons a day is probably sufficient; this can be mixed in water.”

Let us know if any of these work for him.

Able

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hilary wrote: Hi guys!

My husband is 12 days in stage 1 and is suffering from terrible leg cramps. He is on his feet all day and then up at night with cramps and doesn’t know what to do. (He has struggled with leg cramps for years, but it’s much worse now).

Able he read your post about getting enough salt and water, but aside from that and making sure he is not potassium deficient, what else do you suggest?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. He is very miserable!

Hil

It could be a lack of magnesium. Does he take enough?
    cheers
    Thomas

Hilary

Thank you all! I will pass this onto him tonight. We appreciate your advice!

Hilary

Thank you all! I will pass this onto him tonight. We appreciate your advice!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Experts… my husband needs help with leg cramps!’ is closed to new replies.