Expert advice needed: 4 1/2 year old with candida..very complicated! HELP!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Expert advice needed: 4 1/2 year old with candida..very complicated! HELP!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

katemurphy83
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

Alright. I will try my best not to ramble.
    My 4 1/2 year old has candida. She has had no tests, but I suffered from it last year and did countless hours of research. Please bare with me while I explain the situation.
    She has been very healthy until April. Never a food or seasonal allergy. A few stomach bugs buts thats it.
    A little before April (now that I think of it) excessive earwax started. She has never had this problem. I didn’t think about it to much, until she go swimmers ear. She used prescription ear drops for a few days. Then she stared geting hives on the back of her neck and head. Switched shampoos and creams..gave her benedryl. She got better. Then she had frequent urination..no UTI, no diabetes. She was checked twice for each..because the frequency would come and go..each time getting worse. Burning and not being able to go, and having to go every 3-5 minutes.
    She got sick at the end of April. Flu like, but did not get better for a month. Very tired and moody. She was also seeing colored spots off and on. I thought it was from allergy meds. We stopped those, but the spots continued for a few days.
    Between April and July she had been to the doctors about 10 times. She had an ear infection and took antibiotics. This was her only time ever taking them.
    We had her muscle tested, and they said she was allergic to corn, almonds, dairy, and had a sugar and yeast problem. As well as leaky gut.
    Corn has been terrible. I had one safe farm for veggies, but now all raw veggies burn her mouth.
    This is her diet now: Brown Rice, Quinoa, Frozen Broccoli, Frozen green beans, Sauerkraut, Beans. I just stopped potatoes and all white rice and pears.
    We also have a berkey water filter and shower filter.

Her symptoms include:
    Headaches
    Fatigue
    Bladder problems
    Bowel problems
    Seeing colored spots
    Muscle Aches
    Stomach and back pain
    Dizziness
    Her eyes always bother her
    Weird ear pain (her ears were just checked yesterday and they are fine)
    Major food allergies
    Acid reflux
    Every food hurts her throat
    Burning tongue
    Itchy and painful inside her bum
    Itchy vagina
    Feels like she will vomit (but hasn’t)
    All smells bother her

I had candida last year. I know the steps to take. But am SO SO SO stuck because she is allergic to everything.
    No coconut, no ACV, No raw veggies. She can’t take any digestive enzymes. They ALL have corn. This was confirmed by many labs.
    I have Oil of oregano from Mountain Rose Herbs, but you are not supposed to give oils to kids under 7.
    She is getting worse and I can see it literally by the minute. As you can imagine doctors are not helping.
    Should I put her on nystatin? I can have it compounded without corn. Or will this do further damage.
    I am literally praying for some direction because I physically and mentally don’t know the next step to take. And I feel like she is going to end up in the hospital.

Thank You all for reading this, Kate Murphy

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Hi,
    I am sorry to hear that. It is too early in life to be dealing with it. Anyway, there isn’t another solution than to treat her. I am not a MD but I will tell you what I may do if she were my daughter.

First, the diet has to be an hypoallergenic no so restrictive diet. I mean she needs some source of complex carbohydrates. Eliminate fruits and all sugar sources.

It is hard to know how she is going to deal with die-off reaction, so go slow and watch her.

Yes, I will go with Nystatin in her case and also SF-722 in half of the advisable adult dosage. I mean 2 capsules 3 times a day.

She needs a source of Lactic Acid producer bacteria such as Lactobacillus.
    Water from fermented Cabbage is rich in Lactobacillus Plantarum. She may drink it diary.

There isn’t too much we can do with children since this treatment is very aggressive.

She will respond !!! Give her time and you will see it. Avoid systemic antifungal drugs or any other unproved “natural” antifungal.

God Bless Her,

Jorge

katemurphy83

She is on this probiotic: http://megafood-vitamins.com/kids-n-us-megaflora.html
    She has been on for about 4 months now. Is this too much? The GI doctor said to cut it in half. But I thought with all the stomach problems she should be on the full dose.
    She takes dessert harvest 100% pure aloe vera capsules every morning as well.
    Do antihistamines help or hurt candida? Her pedi urologist has her on a nighttime antihistamine. But I think she is reacting so I am having bendrhyl compounded..to be pretty much pure benedrhyl

Thank You Any and Everyone for advice!

dvjorge
    Participant

katemurphy83 wrote: She is on this probiotic: http://megafood-vitamins.com/kids-n-us-megaflora.html
    She has been on for about 4 months now. Is this too much? The GI doctor said to cut it in half. But I thought with all the stomach problems she should be on the full dose.
    She takes dessert harvest 100% pure aloe vera capsules every morning as well.
    Do antihistamines help or hurt candida? Her pedi urologist has her on a nighttime antihistamine. But I think she is reacting so I am having bendrhyl compounded..to be pretty much pure benedrhyl

Thank You Any and Everyone for advice!

The probiotic is fine. I think the full dosage is right for her condition. The Aloe Vera also help with the leaky gut and yeast.

I also think she needs the antihistamine. Antihistamines help !!!

Jorge.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Kate.
    One of the other experts, Jackie2, contacted me asking for my help with your daughter’s treatment.

You should have your daughter avoid all simple carbohydrates including fruits, carrots, potatoes, green peas and wheat products. All of these foods will feed the Candida allowing them to continually grow and multiply. There are plenty of other vegetables to feed her. I have another diet which the forum member use which contains a lot of suggestions for vegetables. If you would like to have this diet, please let me know. Also, if she will eat eggs, purchase organic eggs and allow her to have as many as she will eat during a day. Chicken and fish once a day are acceptable, but please try to avoid beef as it will only create more toxins in addition to the toxins that the Candida are creating for her body to deal with. You can make oat bran bread for her to eat which is very filling and nutritious. The recipe is on this link.
    Bread Recipes

Instead of giving her raw vegetables, you should steam-cook all veggies.

If you give your child the Nystatin and also SF-722 you’re going to make her sicker than she is now unless you first take precautions against the die-off toxins that well be created by the dying Candida. The toxins are called aldehydes and can make even a grownup so sick as to be bedridden for several days. Please find a product called Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate and give her the children’s dosage (below). Do this for three days prior to giving her the supplements or even starting the diet. Give her as much water as she will drink to help wash the toxins from her body, and whatever happens, please do not allow her to become constipated during the treatment. If you have to use a child’s laxative, please do this before allowing constipation to be a problem. Being constipated will only allow the dying Candida and the toxins to remain in the child’s body making her very ill.
    Personally, if this were my child, I would purchase virgin coconut oil and use this on a daily basis. Start with ½ of a teaspoon and add ¼ teaspoon daily until you reach three teaspoons a day. Do this only after you have had her taking the Molybdenum for three full days. Allow her to remain on that dosage for about six weeks to prevent any access illness from the poisons.
    Directions: “Children 4-11: Take 1 drop per year of age 3 times daily.”
    This is the link to the product:
    http://www.nativeremedies.com/products/candidate-systemic-candida-albicans.html

I would also purchase Nettle leaf tea for her to drink daily. You can use pure Stevia as a sweetener for Nettle Leaf tea, lemon juice, and unsweetened Greek yogurt during the treatment. If she will drink kefir, this would benefit her greatly, in fact more than just about anything else you can give her. It’s simple to make, and you can make it right in your home. http://bodyecology.com/digestive-health-kefir-starter.html

You should be giving her the full dose of the probiotic; in fact, considering how long she’s been on this, I would increase the amount by half. Do not give her the probiotics right before or after a meal. She should take them on an empty stomach with water.

I would also give her 500 mg of vitamin C five times a day.

Before making any decisions about her treatment on your own, please ask the forum first. All of the experts will be more than happy to help you in any way we can.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant

Coconut Oil can be a good option for a child, but she mentioned No Coconut because she has reacted to it. If not, it can be a good option.

Jorge.

katemurphy83

Able,
    Thank you very much for taking time to help me. If I could ask a favor, could you take a look at this thread:
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/avoidingcorn/messages?msg=12961.7
    It’s not very long, only 7 comments.
    I should have posted it before. I have very extreme circumstances. My daughter is highly allergic to corn. As well a many other things. I u AV r her on such a simple diet BC we are avoiding all allergens, along with coconut, all seeds, most oils. I no longer have a safe veggie source, and I have no meat source. Corn is in and on everything! This is why I am so stuck! I have to have all medicines compounded. I had to stop her aloe and probiotic and antihistamine BC they do indeed contain corn. This is one of the reasons why I am considering the nystatin because it can be compounded.
    I’m so confused on what to do, NOTHING seems right and I am so worried I won’t be able to help her…
    Thank you! Kate

Able900
    Spectator

dvjorge wrote: Coconut Oil can be a good option for a child, but she mentioned No Coconut because she has reacted to it.

I read her post before I replied, Jorge, so I’m aware of that fact. But she didn’t mention that the child was allergic to virgin coconut oil which is very different from the meat of the coconut.

Many virgin coconut oils (such as Tropical Traditions Gold Label Standard brand) are made by using the traditional method of “wet-milling” also referred to as “fermentation.” Fermentation of coconut oil is described as the natural separation of the coconut oil from the meat and coconut water using gravity. There are no machines or other substances used in the extraction; this is why we recommend virgin coconut oil only on the forum.

Many people who are allergic to the meat of the coconut find that they are not allergic to the oil of the coconut since these are literally two different substances.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Kate, have you actually given your daughter pure, organic and virgin coconut oil; specifically a brand like Tropical Traditions? If you have, and your daughter still experienced an allergic reaction, please describe her reactions. If you have not given her coconut oil, please describe her reactions to coconut meat.

All I can do is tell you what I know that I would do in your position, and I know that I would give my daughter high counts of quality probiotics containing the DDS-1 strain; I would alternate this with high counts of a human origin probiotic (HMF Neuro Probiotics by Genestra).
    Probiotic Information

I would also try my best to have her drink homemade kefir on a daily basis. Not only will this add more beneficial bacteria to her digestive tract destroying the Candida, but it would also be very soothing to her throat and mouth and would help in healing her leaky gut.

In addition, I would test the virgin coconut oil every few days with at least 1/8 of a teaspoon until she could tolerate that amount, then I would gradually increase it by 1/8 teaspoon every three days. This is also a great aid in healing both leaky gut syndrome and a Candida albicans overgrowth.

I have read your posts on the forum as well as all seven of the posts to which you linked. I understand that your daughter has extreme circumstances as far as the allergies are concerned, but I have spoken with many others who have treated their infestation while suffering with extreme leaky gut symptoms and allergies to almost everything they tried to eat. In the past several years I have seen many of these people improve drastically after following a proper protocol such as the one I’ve described above. The diet isn’t going to heal the girl’s infestation as it’s only meant to avoid prolonging the treatment by supplying additional foods to the Candida. Allow your daughter to eat all she wants of the healthy foods to which she does not react such as the green beans and broccoli (which I’m sure you’re already doing). I can’t tell you what to feed her, I can only give you lots of suggestions of some food items you may not have tried yet such as rutabaga (for example); that’s why I asked if you would like to have the other diet which many others used with success.

I also understand about corn and the fact that it’s in a lot of supplements; as you already know, this only means that your job is made more difficult by having to search out the supplements which are corn-free. Right off hand I know of two brands which make corn-free vitamin supplements but there are probably others. NOW Foods and Nutribiotic are two brands that I’m aware of.

Is she now able to tolerate the Kombucha and Eden’s sauerkraut that you mentioned in the other posts? If so, I would definitely continue these.

Try to keep in mind that the allergies and leaky gut are secondary to the Candida albicans infestation, and the leaky gut and allergies will not completely heal until the infestation has greatly diminished; this is why curing the infestation is more important at this point.

Able

katemurphy83

Able,
    I would greatly appreciate the info on the other diet.
    I have spent about $200 on different coconut oils. I have not tried TT yet. Which kind would you suggest. They have a gold and green label right? Right now I have Artisana coconut oil. I talked to the guy on the phone and he said he has a close friend with corn allergy who uses it regularly. Thats why I figured she must be allergic. Her throat burns really bad. But now EVERYTHING burns her throat. I tried last night, I put it on her pasta. It burned and she had a few more hives then usual. But maybe it was just too much for her. I didn’t think of that. I am going to try 1/8 teaspoon and see how she does. Should I do it just straight?
    I gave her the plain kombucha today. But I think it irritated her bladder a bit. But I gave her too much. I think I will wait a day and then start very slow with just a teaspoon. I am pretty sure she does good with the Edens sauerkraut. I am going to give her a small scoop (maybe tbsp) with each meal. Or is that too much?
    I am going to check out ALL the supplements you suggested tomorrow.
    Sorry I don’t know how to quote..
    **Try to keep in mind that the allergies and leaky gut are secondary to the Candida albicans infestation, and the leaky gut and allergies will not completely heal until the infestation has greatly diminished; this is why curing the infestation is more important at this point.**
    This is a powerful statement. One that I have had in my gut lately. I am going to try to think this way from now on.
    We can’t do milk, would water kefir work? I am ordering the grains tomorrow! What about the sprouts? Are these no good for candida? I got broccoli sprouts, clover sprouts and alfalfa.
    So in your opinion I should try all these things before the Nystatin? Thank you Able!
    Kate

Able900
    Spectator

Able, I would greatly appreciate the info on the other diet.

Check your private messages, Kate.

I have spent about $200 on different coconut oils. I have not tried TT yet. Which kind would you suggest. They have a gold and green label right?

That’s right, this is a brand that I know to be ‘fermented’ or ‘wet-milled’ virgin oil.
    http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/pure-coconut-oil.htm

Right now I have Artisana coconut oil. I talked to the guy on the phone and he said he has a close friend with corn allergy who uses it regularly. Thats why I figured she must be allergic. Her throat burns really bad. But now EVERYTHING burns her throat. I tried last night, I put it on her pasta.

Kate, if you can manage, I would try not to feed her anything that isn’t on the strict diet that I’m sending you, otherwise, giving the Candida foods that they can easily eat (such as pasta) is only going to prolong the infestation at it’s worse, this means more pain and suffering for your daughter in the long run.

It burned and she had a few more hives then usual. But maybe it was just too much for her. I didn’t think of that. I am going to try 1/8 teaspoon and see how she does. Should I do it just straight?

Doing the coconut oil straight will burn her throat worse. I would see if she can eat the bread recipe; make it with buckwheat or Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran (try to avoid quinoa if possible). If she can eat either bread, you could put the coconut oil on the bread and warm it slightly in a toaster-oven or your regular oven. Don’t overheat the coconut oil.

I gave her the plain kombucha today. But I think it irritated her bladder a bit. But I gave her too much. I think I will wait a day and then start very slow with just a teaspoon. I am pretty sure she does good with the Edens sauerkraut. I am going to give her a small scoop (maybe tbsp) with each meal. Or is that too much?

No that’s not too much sauerkraut, and please continue adding more to the serving if she can tolerate it, but add only a very small amount each day. As far as the Kombucha, try diluting it a bit.

Sorry I don’t know how to quote..
    **Try to keep in mind that the allergies and leaky gut are secondary to the Candida albicans infestation, and the leaky gut and allergies will not completely heal until the infestation has greatly diminished; this is why curing the infestation is more important at this point.**

This is a powerful statement. One that I have had in my gut lately. I am going to try to think this way from now on.

That’s very wise, cure the infestation and everything else will fall into place naturally as the body becomes more capable of healing itself.

We can’t do milk, would water kefir work? I am ordering the grains tomorrow!

Yes, water kefir is perfect if you are going to purchase the grains.

What about the sprouts? Are these no good for candida? I got broccoli sprouts, clover sprouts and alfalfa.

These are fine for her diet.

So in your opinion I should try all these things before the Nystatin?

Definitely have her take Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate for three days at least before anything other than the vitamin C, and this includes before the Nystatin.
    Always keep the toxins in the forefront of your mind when you choose something to feed or a supplement to give your daughter. The toxins are capable of making her exceedingly ill, and there’s always the possibility of liver damage, especially with a child if the die-off toxins are too strong, and we don’t want that to happen regardless of the progress of the treatment; her well being and health will always have to come before the treatment.

If you want to give her the Nystatin that’s fine. But always be aware of exactly what you are giving her and what the properties and capabilities are of each food or supplement because you don’t want to mix some of the supplements/food. For example, rutabaga is not only a healthy food, but it’s also a very strong antifungal, so you don’t want to feed her rutabaga without the protection of Molybdenum, and you don’t want to feed it to her while she’s taking Nystatin or at the same time as the coconut oil. I cannot stress enough the importance of avoiding the toxins in your daughter’s case. If you’re unsure, ask.

“Anything” that can kill Candida can also cause die-off toxins to build up.

Able

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Expert advice needed: 4 1/2 year old with candida..very complicated! HELP!’ is closed to new replies.