Expensive probiotics really worth it?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Expensive probiotics really worth it?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

nth714
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 19

I know a lot of people on this board recommend probiotics such as MegaFlora or HMF which are more pricey than others. I’m curious what the biggest difference are between pricier ones vs cheaper but still reputable brands such as NOW, Jarrow, ect. Thanks.

Sanshou
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

I don’t use them anymore, I tried a few different brands but never noticed much of a difference. I do make my own probiotics now because they are cheap and add some more variety to what I can eat. But that’s not to say they won’t help you, they just didn’t do anything for me.

nth714
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 19

Sanshou;60572 wrote: I don’t use them anymore, I tried a few different brands but never noticed much of a difference. I do make my own probiotics now because they are cheap and add some more variety to what I can eat. But that’s not to say they won’t help you, they just didn’t do anything for me.

Okay thanks. But do you know the difference between the more expensive vs cheaper brands? What do they contain to justify the additional cost?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

nth714;60573 wrote:

I don’t use them anymore, I tried a few different brands but never noticed much of a difference. I do make my own probiotics now because they are cheap and add some more variety to what I can eat. But that’s not to say they won’t help you, they just didn’t do anything for me.

Okay thanks. But do you know the difference between the more expensive vs cheaper brands? What do they contain to justify the additional cost?
    Generally the reason you would buy a more expensive probiotic is so that you could get a larger variety of strains and/or a higher CFU count.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Higher price = higher quality typically. I mean look at the standard process vitamins and price, quite high compared to alternatives. Its because of quality.

HMF is the only one derived from human micro flora and this is why its expensive. In times, as others produce it, it’ll go down in price I bet.

Megaflora is really high quality too, it contains a lot of vitamins on top of probiotics. Its produced in a lab likely via special processes.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Expensive probiotics really worth it?’ is closed to new replies.