Exhausted (sleeping at least 12 hours) – ADVICE Please

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Exhausted (sleeping at least 12 hours) – ADVICE Please

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shannonkv 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

shannonkv
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 26

I’m on month 3 of my diet. I have definitely had some success – no bloating, less foggy brain, no depression, no ear ache symptoms and my bloating has minimized. yay!

The one thing, which is really my main reason for stumbling on to candida is that I am exhausted. I sleep for 12 hours easily each night, which means I am in bed by 7:30/ 8pm weeknights, so I can function at work. This has not changed at all since starting my diet and on some occasions has become worse.

I have introduced B12 and have been considering taking iron (but have just seen a post that iron feeds candida?).

Does anyone have other suggestions that might give me a better chance at regaining some energy?

Thanks 🙂

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

hi shannon,
    i would consider researching apo-lactoferrin if you think you’re needing iron. that really helped me. i used to sleep a lot too and would still be tired the next day. have you ever had your progesterone level checked? i found by taking this natural sleep hormone (natural not prometrium) i get a much deeper sleep, need less hours, and feel rested. i haven’t really needed it since starting this diet. you can get it online in a OTC cream or sublingually from your doctor.

shannonkv

Hi Emsmith,

Thanks so much for the information. I am looking into apo-lactoferrin and where I can purchase it here in Canada.

Just so I’m clear, you are taking a sleeping hormone in addition to the apo-lactoferrin? Do you mind sharing the name?

I’m currently on birch control (minus the sugar pills) for other health issues, but they are also suppose to stabilize hormone levels…or so I thought?

Thanks again – I am definitely opening to trying different things – I’m EXHAUSTED!! :-/

Emsmith
    Participant

Shannon,
    IHerb.com delivers all over the world. Here is a link to the one I take Apolactoferrin

Here is a link to the Progesterone. I haven’t used this one but the 100+ reviews look pretty good.

So we all have natural estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone. Progesterone is the happy hormone that also helps with sleep, moods, irritability, pms, irregular cycles. I take a compounded prog. from my doctor, but I haven’t really felt the need in the last 9 months. Birth control is all synthetic hormones that basically suppress our natural hormones so we can’t get pregnant. I didn’t like the way I felt on birth control and labs verified they indeed suppressed every one of my levels. Natural progesterone is taken by many women who can’t get pregnant or have miscarriages to help retain pregnancy. So you definitely need an alternative birth control; I just have an app that alerts me the days I’m most likely to get pregnant and that’s worked for me.

Besides antibiotics, synthetic birth control is another contributing factor to candida.

shannonkv

thanks for your help.

I’m taking birth control to decrease chances of ovarian cysts and to assist with my endometriosis, so I’m a little unsure of stopping the pill for those reasons, but do realize that they aren’t good for me trying to eliminate candida.

I’m going to order the Apo lactoferrin from iherb.com Thanks again!!

Emsmith
    Participant

no problem! one of the main treatments for endometriosis is natural progesterone, it inhibits inflammation and blood vessel growth to cysts. i’m gonna get back on mine tonight! i remember yelling at my mom one day, was cramping, pmsing, took 50mg sublingual and in minutes my tone improved, my period started, and cramps were easing.
    guess i’ve forgotten how irritable i can be :/

shannonkv

I’ve decided to stop the birth control. I find I get worried about playing with hormones, but the progesterone sounds like a good path to take.

Thanks once again 🙂

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

Have you had your thyroid checked? Many people with candida have high TSH levels (high numbers with the thyroid are not good).

At present I am going through the same thing. Mine has to do with low iron (it’s gotten a bit better in the last three months), but when I use anti-fungals, it cleanses out the Levothyroxin (thyroid replacement drug) in my system, and I get quite tired. I took the day off yesterday for mental health and ended up sleeping on and off all day.

Get your thyroid levels checked. The numbers should be about .35-5.0. Ideally, according to a naturopath I saw, your thyroid level should be about 2.5. This number was quite good for me.

I always know when my thyroid is low because I get blood pressure drops and it’s almost like my body pauses… almost like I am going to go to sleep, or in the first stage of a faint, but I can shake myself out of it….

shannonkv

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

I was tested several years ago and I was border line low, but still within “normal” range.
    I think I will request bloodwork for my thyroid, iron and B12 levels – hopefully my doctor will support my request!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Exhausted (sleeping at least 12 hours) – ADVICE Please’ is closed to new replies.