exercize / walking

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions exercize / walking

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Started walking 5-6 miles a day. Muscles are sore, but I feel I need to make sure I have strong muscle mass due to weight loss. I read somewhere we should not work out too much while on this diet. However, I feel like if I’m not doing something then my muscles are getting weaker…does that make sense. I also started a light work out using weight resistance. I must be feeling better because I have the motivation to do this. I remember a month ago asking my husband to walk with me. I couldn’t make it to the mile mark. I had to keep stoping to breath and rest. I really didn’t know if I was going to make it…my legs ached, I was so out of shape, exhausted, brain fog etc. Yesterday I walked 6.5 miles by myself. Huge snowflakes landing on me…I’m so thankful I found this site and am well enough to make the walk.
    Family is so worried about me and want me to go and see the doctor. No one thinks what I’m doing is healthy…and yet I feel healthier than I have ever felt. Eating better than ever…just not what the “norm” is eating. I alost think they feel guilty stuffing down the sweets while I eat my celery and egg plant/garlic dip…

Well, I was interested if what I’m doing is ok.

Also, at what point does stage 2 of this diet start.

I’m still eating green veggies, about 1/8 -1/4 of a chicken breast 2 a week, eggs, salmon, greek yogurt, keifer,hot lemon water, and tons of water, 1/4 cup of coconut mik once or twice a week, some coconut bread and little bucwheat cereal.

It seems anytime I try something like a nut, sunflower seed (I now know these were bad)rice cracker…I get a bad reaction. Wondering if it is months that I stay here on phase 1…or do I slowly try to add things and if I have a reaction then go back to what has been safe?

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Jackie2 wrote:

It seems anytime I try something like a nut, sunflower seed (I now know these were bad)rice cracker…I get a bad reaction. Wondering if it is months that I stay here on phase 1…or do I slowly try to add things and if I have a reaction then go back to what has been safe?

Hi Jackie,
    first let me tell you how happy I am that you see clearly that you are progressing. And this you do when you now are able to walk the miles now alone and are motivated.

I am still not seeing any clear progress for myself but a back and forth back and forth, which I dont figure out why.

I now and then find statements about “reactions” in post which confuse me a great deal.

I understand that you know that a rice cracker might feed a candida which is still hanging around in your system. I understand too that when you first experience a symptom free time and that you quickly notice when you eat something new and get a reaction.

With me it is not like that and very confusing. I have all the time, I am now 2 month in stage 1 on our diet, some symptoms. Now after 2 month in the diet I had a little organic chicken and felt terrible now for 2 days.

Is that a reaction?

If so why? An organic chicken is not feeding the candida!? Another confusing thing is that my tongue started to develop a white coating. I didn’t have that before. I had problems in my guts and not on the tongue. I wonder if that chicken really did feed the candia or what was that about? How is it possible that the candida grows while I am hundred percent faithful to the diet.

Or am I mistaken?

cheers
    Thomas

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Thomas
    I know how you feel. I still get a burning on my tongue and the back of my throat…I can’t figure out why. Sometimes tongue is fine and others a coating on it as well as the roof of my mouth.

I just think I have this crud deep in my system. I kill some of it and then a new batch works its way to the top. I keep up with the oil pulling and drinking of lemon water. I drink 8 bottles of water plus all the hot lemon water I can manage down a day. With each cup of lemon water I put a half a squeezed lemon in it. Most of all it is the greek yogurt and kefir. I sooth my whole mouth with it. I look forward to the creamy goodness of that yogurt as if it were ice cream because I cream my whole mouth with it.

I also spend endless time cleaning my mouth. oil pulls, flossing, water pick, gargling with warm salt water etc. When I would swish that nysatin around in my mouth I would think my mouth was so clean and then when I was done doing that for 5 minutes I would go look in the mirror and have this thick foamy film around my gum line and covered over my silver fillings. It was so grose. I would take gauze and scrape that junk off. I figured it was clinging to bacteria/plaque on my teeth. I would then scrub my teeth as good as I could, floss, and wipe them down with gauze…then do the nysatin. Again, still theat foamy film. It literally made me sick to my stomach. Because I could see clearly that it was feading off something..I truly feel like I’m infected by this nasty monster. That was all the motivation I needed to never eat sugar etc. That gross visual for the 15 days I was on those meds was something I can’t and won’t forget. I don’t take the nysatin…so I don’t have that visual. But let me tell you I work very hard at keeping my mouth clean and not giving the candida that camps out in my mouth an open festival to eat off from.

Thomas, I don’t know if I’ll ever fully recover like our dear friend Able here, but I’m hopeful and faithful. I get mad when I make a stupid mistake because I pay for it right away.

I can also say that I was loosing a ton of hair that made me think I had a thyroid problem which runs in my family. Now I am not loosing all that hair. That is something to me that is interesting. I started the diet Nov 15th and that is not much time to notice the change. I also had a toenail that had a fungus growth under it and that has cleared up. So although the doctor told me I did not have this that I had thrush…I’m pretty sure I’m a true Candida canidate…just left on my own to heal and get better…much like Able and many others here.

You too will get better. You and I will heal because we will heal ourselves. It will take time, patience and self control. Maybe there are little signs that you are getting well but your not noticing them completely. I didn’t notice my hair not falling out until I was baking cookies and thought omg you didn’t pull your hair back. Then I started pulling on my hair and nothing was falling out. Then went and looked at brush…hardly anything there. Then I thought about how I was not cleaning shower floor or bathroom floor covered with hair. I had not noticed…so maybe there are small things that you too just are too close to see.

As far as the chicken…idk. I got so scared about eating too much meat I hardly eat any. Just eggs, yogurt and kefier are my main foods with lots of greens and cooked cabbage. I’m thinking I might try a sweet potato at the end of this week. Just for the color…lol. Hang in there. You know your feeling better than when you started. We have to have faith.

Good luck

Jackie

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Jackie & Thomas.

Quote from Thomas: “Now after 2 month in the diet I had a little organic chicken and felt terrible now for 2 days. Is that a reaction? If so why? An organic chicken is not feeding the candida!? Another confusing thing is that my tongue started to develop a white coating.”

Reply: The fact that you had a reaction to any new food item (and it doesn’t matter what the reaction is as long as it was negative reaction) simply means that your body reacted negatively to the food. This Does Not mean that the food was able to feed the Candida, but only that it aggravated your body in some manner. In the case of organic chicken; the reactions could have been from a number of different reasons.

1) Even though the protein in chicken has less chance of affecting your body than does red meat or pork, it is still regarded as animal protein. This means that a certain amount of ammonia was released when the protein was broken down by the enzymes in your body. The ammonia is a toxin, and we never know how an unhealthy body is going to respond to an added toxin. Remember that the Candida are releasing toxins in your body 24 hours a day, so the ammonia only added to this load.
    I am not saying that you should not have tested the chicken, not at all; what I am saying is that you now know that you’re not ready to move toward meat or even chicken proteins just yet. You could try it again in two weeks if you want to, but I would give myself that much time at least to allow the liver to clear out the extra toxins.

2) Even though the chicken is organic, unless you know the people who raised the chicken or unless the label specifies that there were no hormones or antibiotics or in fact, nothing of a foreign nature given to the chickens then you really don’t know for a fact that they are completely ‘clean’ chickens.

3) We also need to take into account what an animal is fed during its lifetime before it’s served at our table. Was the chicken you had raised on corn feed? I’d rather have a chicken that was raised ‘cage free’ on a small farm and allowed to eat what it wanted than to have one that was fed commercial corn feed. Do we know what was used on the corn during its growth period? Were pesticides and fertilizers used? Do you see the problem with not knowing exactly what we put into our bodies? Any one of these factors, or a combination of all, could have caused the reactions you experienced. You can see how this does not mean that your infestation has gotten worse by any means; but it does mean that there is probably no way you will know exactly why you received the reactions other than the fact that you ingested the chicken.

This is the reason why during my own treatment I finally made the decision to avoid all meat/fowl/fish on the diet until I felt no more symptoms or reactions at all. Fortunately, this only lasted a short time, and only then did I add Vital Choice young fish and occasionally a small piece of organic chicken breasts.

Able

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Jackie.

The hair falling out and nail fungus are both symptoms of Candida as you probably already know. The fact these symptoms have disappeared is a sign that your infestation is healing. However, you can take your basal body temperature to determine the health of your thyroid.

Taking Your Basal Body Temperature

Your metabolic rate, which is how much energy you burn, is largely determined by your thyroid gland. Your body temperature is also largely regulated by your thyroid gland, and a low body temperature can be an indication of slow metabolism and low thyroid. Reduced thyroid function often manifests as a drop in basal body temperature to below the normal level of 98.6 degrees F. Use an accurate thermometer and write down your results for three days.

Procedure:

1. Place the thermometer beside your bed before you go to sleep. If you’re using a mercury thermometer, shake it down to below 95° F.

2. On waking, before doing anything else (including talking), place the thermometer in your armpit for a full 10 minutes. Stay as still and relaxed as possible. If it helps, use a kitchen timer.

3. After 10 minutes, read and record the date and temperature. Women may also want to record where they are in their menstrual cycle.

4. Menstruating women should perform the test on days 1, 2 and 3 of their cycle, which are the first three days of menstruation. If menstrual cycles are irregular, make an educated guess about when your period should be starting.

5. Men, children, and postmenopausal women can perform the test at any time.

6. Women using oral or topical progesterone should not take progesterone the day before or on the days that the basal temperatures are taken.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Able900 wrote: 2) Even though the chicken is organic, unless you know the people who raised the chicken or unless the label specifies that there were no hormones or antibiotics or in fact, nothing of a foreign nature given to the chickens then you really don’t know for a fact that they are completely ‘clean’ chickens.

This is something I was worrying about today. The organic milk I was looking at only mentioned pesticides, not hormones, antibiotics or the type of feed. When I get around to making kefir, I’m not sure what I’m supposed to use. Goat’s milk is too expensive and there’s only a non-organic variety in my local supermarkets. I guess I’ll have to try contacting the manufacturer.

Thomas

Thank you Able,
    this is really a jungle and not much place for trust. The best would be to have own chickens actually. I will wait some weeks now before I dare again. Because it was on the phase 1 diet list I thought it would not do any harm as long as it is organic. It took me several weeks to get and was supposed to be my Christmas joy.

I can not be sure if it was only the chicken but strange it is that I felt a terrible dip in my well being and even having a little panic attack with boiling blood sensation. This I didn’t have since I started the diet here. Very strange.

I will check it out some more.

all the best to you all
    Thomas

Thomas

Hi Jackie2
    thank you for your kind post. I am sure we both will get through this like Able and raster. When I read Rasters list of old symptoms it feels like I had written it. If he got through it we will too. It takes only longer. I am in it now for 2 month and if I remember right his condition got better after 5 month.

We will manage it!!!!
    yours
    Thomas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘exercize / walking’ is closed to new replies.