Erythritol/Xylitol ?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Erythritol/Xylitol ?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

I rather dislike the taste of stevia. Any opinions or experiences on Erythritol and Xylitol for the candida diet? I’ve been thinking of trying one or the other.

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

My naturopath said Xylitol was ok (and Stevia). Maybe try a different form of stevia. I use the little packs, but maybe try the liquid form for better results or vice versa.

I accidentally had eriythritol (sp?) in truvia, and had a bad reaction. Bad pain in kidneys. (was pain I was getting for first year after taking sugar out of diet, when I ate a little sugar).

In a way was good, made easier to not eat sugar, when sugar=pain.

Pina

Thanks for your input whyitsme. I read reviews on Amazon that Xylitol gave people bloating and stomach problems, so I guess it really is what works for you personally. I’ve been finishing up my Threelac which has Erythritol and I’ve never had any problems.

I only tried one brand of stevia and it was extract in powdered form, so I might try a different brand in liquid and see how that works for me!

myucateco
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

Hi! I hope one of you guys can help me. On the topic of sweeteners, I recently bought some stevia online. The brand is called “NuNaturals” and when I got it I was disappointed to see that it had maltodextrin added “to make it easier to measure the stevia extract.” and, I assume to make it taste better. I was reading that technically maltodextrin is a carbohydrate. Does that mean its ok on the candida diet?

Pina

myucateco, does it say how many carbs per servings? You should stay as low-carb as possible, but even vegetables have carbs.

If you don’t have any adverse effects from it, I’d stay take it sparingly.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

myucateco wrote: Hi! I hope one of you guys can help me. On the topic of sweeteners, I recently bought some stevia online. The brand is called “NuNaturals” and when I got it I was disappointed to see that it had maltodextrin added “to make it easier to measure the stevia extract.” and, I assume to make it taste better. I was reading that technically maltodextrin is a carbohydrate. Does that mean its ok on the candida diet?

Hello.

Maltodextrin is indeed a carbohydrate. It’s highly processed and is made from corn, rice, wheat, or potato starch, or sometimes a mix of any of these ingredients. I don’t think you want this in your diet. Try a product by the name of Truvia.

Able

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Erythritol/Xylitol ?’ is closed to new replies.