erithrytol?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions erithrytol?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

mazz
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 30

I’ve only just realised that the stevia I’m using is in a dextrose base, which is wheat-derived, right? Which may explain why it doesn’t go down very well. My only other option on sweeteners is truvia, which I can buy at vast expense in one supermarket here, but it contains erithrytol. Is that ok? Or do I just have to give up eating anything sweetened at all?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you can steviva, this is the good stuff with no extra junk:

http://www.steviva.com/

I would stop the one you are taking with dextrose.

-raster

mazz

It’s almost impossible to get anything. I live in Kuwait, which is junk food kingdom and they’ve never heard of anything remotely healthy. I was amazed even to find stevia in any form – but it’s definitely not helping me.

Will just have to wait for sweet things until I get back to the UK, I guess.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I looked at truvia and it contains sugar, sorry that you cant get the good stuff!

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

mazz wrote: I’ve only just realised that the stevia I’m using is in a dextrose base, which is wheat-derived, right? Which may explain why it doesn’t go down very well. My only other option on sweeteners is truvia, which I can buy at vast expense in one supermarket here, but it contains erithrytol. Is that ok? Or do I just have to give up eating anything sweetened at all?

Erithrytol is a sugar alcohol derived of Fructose. It doesn’t feed candida. Any (no) sugar alcohol feed candida.For instance, Xylitol is another sugar alcohol.
    Truvia is Estevia and Erithrytol, so it is safe.
    Jorge.

mazz

So erithrytol would be okay but xylitol wouldn’t?

dvjorge
    Participant

mazz wrote: So erithrytol would be okay but xylitol wouldn’t?

Xylitol doesn’t feed candida. !

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

dvjorge wrote:

I’ve only just realised that the stevia I’m using is in a dextrose base, which is wheat-derived, right? Which may explain why it doesn’t go down very well. My only other option on sweeteners is truvia, which I can buy at vast expense in one supermarket here, but it contains erithrytol. Is that ok? Or do I just have to give up eating anything sweetened at all?

Erithrytol is a sugar alcohol derived of Fructose. It doesn’t feed candida. Any (no) sugar alcohol feed candida.For instance, Xylitol is another sugar alcohol.
    Jorge.

I have read conflicting information on this Jorge. Can you explain why you think sugar alcohols dont feed candida?

dvjorge
    Participant

Chris24 wrote:

Jorge.

I have read conflicting information on this Jorge. Can you explain why you think sugar alcohols dont feed candida?

Alcohol doesn’t feed candida. It is a by-product of yeast fermentation.
    Sugar alcohol, like alcohol, is rapidly absorbed in the upper intestinal tract and get the bloodstream. The sugar in your blood isn’t a problem because you must always have your sugar levels in range. The fungus feed with contact with the food inside the intestines, grains, sugars, carbohydrates, and other food that we ingest.

Jorge.

Chris24

dvjorge wrote:

Sugar alcohol, like alcohol, is rapidly absorbed in the upper intestinal tract and get the bloodstream. The sugar in your blood isn’t a problem because you must always have your sugar levels in range. The fungus feed with contact with the food inside the intestines, grains, sugars, carbohydrates, and other food that we ingest.

Jorge.

wait, are you saying I could binge on vodka and not have the candida feasting on it? This goes against everything ive learned. I thought alcohol was a very refined sugar? Please explain.

dvjorge
    Participant

Chris24 wrote:

Jorge.

wait, are you saying I could binge on vodka and not have the candida feasting on it? This goes against everything ive learned. I thought alcohol was a very refined sugar? Please explain.

Chris,
    When you have enough time learning about this syndrome, you will realize how many myths you can find about it.
    Most alcoholic beverage are loaded with carbohydrates, sugar, color colorants, etc.
    Alcohol is aggressive for your liver, depress the immune system, it is toxic for the brain. Is there some reason to drink alcohol if you are sick with something that is making your life miserable ???
    I believe you shouldn’t drink alcohol.

About your concern, alcohol don’t feed candida. !!! I mean alcohol, no a beer or a glass of wine !!!
    Jorge.

Chris24

Hmmm, this explains why I did not notice any detrimental effects when drinking large amounts of vodka last year. So vodka = okay on a candida diet.

Oh I can think of plenty of reasons to drink. Shit, you just gave a reason to buy vodka. Must… resist….

I completely quit drinking last november, and went to smoking (which i never did) instead. Now.. im wondering which is worse.

dvjorge
    Participant

Chris24 wrote: Hmmm, this explains why I did not notice any detrimental effects when drinking large amounts of vodka last year. So vodka = okay on a candida diet.

Oh I can think of plenty of reasons to drink. Shit, you just gave a reason to buy vodka. Must… resist….

I completely quit drinking last november, and went to smoking (which i never did) instead. Now.. im wondering which is worse.

High concentration of Ethanol (alcohol) is toxic for yeast. It disrupts its cell membrane. Some species are more immune to it. Alcohol is a disinfectant.

Don’t drink alcohol. !

http://books.google.com/books?id=Cs296pWLCG4C&pg=PA352&lpg=PA352&dq=ethanol+as+a+growing+medium+for+candida&source=bl&ots=gMF3PpkzyO&sig=e7cGrmmt7EPKF6NJfbQCKreTfC0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=poVfT9_XBcmigweS5oSTCA&ved=0CCYQ6AEwATgU#v=onepage&q=ethanol%20as%20a%20growing%20medium%20for%20candida&f=false

Jorge.

Chris24

Of course you are right, alcohol wouldnt be good for my leaky gut.

Im curious now. You say blood sugar levels dont matter? that its only the stuff in the gut that matters… With this logic, then caffeine (which raises the blood sugar level) is not a problem?

dvjorge
    Participant

Chris24 wrote: Of course you are right, alcohol wouldnt be good for my leaky gut.

Im curious now. You say blood sugar levels dont matter? that its only the stuff in the gut that matters… With this logic, then caffeine (which raises the blood sugar level) is not a problem?

Caffeine don’t feed the fungus either but will irritate an already inflammed gut even more. I don’t drink it, less with leaky gut.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘erithrytol?’ is closed to new replies.