erithrytol?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions erithrytol?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #75617

    mazz
    Member
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 30

    I’ve only just realised that the stevia I’m using is in a dextrose base, which is wheat-derived, right? Which may explain why it doesn’t go down very well. My only other option on sweeteners is truvia, which I can buy at vast expense in one supermarket here, but it contains erithrytol. Is that ok? Or do I just have to give up eating anything sweetened at all?

    #75628

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    If you can steviva, this is the good stuff with no extra junk:

    http://www.steviva.com/

    I would stop the one you are taking with dextrose.

    -raster

    #75631

    mazz
    Member
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 30

    It’s almost impossible to get anything. I live in Kuwait, which is junk food kingdom and they’ve never heard of anything remotely healthy. I was amazed even to find stevia in any form – but it’s definitely not helping me.

    Will just have to wait for sweet things until I get back to the UK, I guess.

    #75633

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I looked at truvia and it contains sugar, sorry that you cant get the good stuff!

    -raster

    #75638

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    mazz wrote: I’ve only just realised that the stevia I’m using is in a dextrose base, which is wheat-derived, right? Which may explain why it doesn’t go down very well. My only other option on sweeteners is truvia, which I can buy at vast expense in one supermarket here, but it contains erithrytol. Is that ok? Or do I just have to give up eating anything sweetened at all?

    Erithrytol is a sugar alcohol derived of Fructose. It doesn’t feed candida. Any (no) sugar alcohol feed candida.For instance, Xylitol is another sugar alcohol.
    Truvia is Estevia and Erithrytol, so it is safe.
    Jorge.

    #75641

    mazz
    Member
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 30

    So erithrytol would be okay but xylitol wouldn’t?

    #75644

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    mazz wrote: So erithrytol would be okay but xylitol wouldn’t?

    Xylitol doesn’t feed candida. !

    #75686

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    dvjorge wrote:

    I’ve only just realised that the stevia I’m using is in a dextrose base, which is wheat-derived, right? Which may explain why it doesn’t go down very well. My only other option on sweeteners is truvia, which I can buy at vast expense in one supermarket here, but it contains erithrytol. Is that ok? Or do I just have to give up eating anything sweetened at all?

    Erithrytol is a sugar alcohol derived of Fructose. It doesn’t feed candida. Any (no) sugar alcohol feed candida.For instance, Xylitol is another sugar alcohol.
    Truvia is Estevia and Erithrytol, so it is safe.
    Jorge.

    I have read conflicting information on this Jorge. Can you explain why you think sugar alcohols dont feed candida?

    #75691

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    Chris24 wrote:

    I’ve only just realised that the stevia I’m using is in a dextrose base, which is wheat-derived, right? Which may explain why it doesn’t go down very well. My only other option on sweeteners is truvia, which I can buy at vast expense in one supermarket here, but it contains erithrytol. Is that ok? Or do I just have to give up eating anything sweetened at all?

    Erithrytol is a sugar alcohol derived of Fructose. It doesn’t feed candida. Any (no) sugar alcohol feed candida.For instance, Xylitol is another sugar alcohol.
    Truvia is Estevia and Erithrytol, so it is safe.
    Jorge.

    I have read conflicting information on this Jorge. Can you explain why you think sugar alcohols dont feed candida?

    Alcohol doesn’t feed candida. It is a by-product of yeast fermentation.
    Sugar alcohol, like alcohol, is rapidly absorbed in the upper intestinal tract and get the bloodstream. The sugar in your blood isn’t a problem because you must always have your sugar levels in range. The fungus feed with contact with the food inside the intestines, grains, sugars, carbohydrates, and other food that we ingest.

    Jorge.

    #75707

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    dvjorge wrote:

    Alcohol doesn’t feed candida. It is a by-product of yeast fermentation.
    Sugar alcohol, like alcohol, is rapidly absorbed in the upper intestinal tract and get the bloodstream. The sugar in your blood isn’t a problem because you must always have your sugar levels in range. The fungus feed with contact with the food inside the intestines, grains, sugars, carbohydrates, and other food that we ingest.

    Jorge.

    wait, are you saying I could binge on vodka and not have the candida feasting on it? This goes against everything ive learned. I thought alcohol was a very refined sugar? Please explain.

    #75724

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    Chris24 wrote:

    Alcohol doesn’t feed candida. It is a by-product of yeast fermentation.
    Sugar alcohol, like alcohol, is rapidly absorbed in the upper intestinal tract and get the bloodstream. The sugar in your blood isn’t a problem because you must always have your sugar levels in range. The fungus feed with contact with the food inside the intestines, grains, sugars, carbohydrates, and other food that we ingest.

    Jorge.

    wait, are you saying I could binge on vodka and not have the candida feasting on it? This goes against everything ive learned. I thought alcohol was a very refined sugar? Please explain.

    Chris,
    When you have enough time learning about this syndrome, you will realize how many myths you can find about it.
    Most alcoholic beverage are loaded with carbohydrates, sugar, color colorants, etc.
    Alcohol is aggressive for your liver, depress the immune system, it is toxic for the brain. Is there some reason to drink alcohol if you are sick with something that is making your life miserable ???
    I believe you shouldn’t drink alcohol.

    About your concern, alcohol don’t feed candida. !!! I mean alcohol, no a beer or a glass of wine !!!
    Jorge.

    #75728

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    Hmmm, this explains why I did not notice any detrimental effects when drinking large amounts of vodka last year. So vodka = okay on a candida diet.

    Oh I can think of plenty of reasons to drink. Shit, you just gave a reason to buy vodka. Must… resist….

    I completely quit drinking last november, and went to smoking (which i never did) instead. Now.. im wondering which is worse.

    #75729

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    Chris24 wrote: Hmmm, this explains why I did not notice any detrimental effects when drinking large amounts of vodka last year. So vodka = okay on a candida diet.

    Oh I can think of plenty of reasons to drink. Shit, you just gave a reason to buy vodka. Must… resist….

    I completely quit drinking last november, and went to smoking (which i never did) instead. Now.. im wondering which is worse.

    High concentration of Ethanol (alcohol) is toxic for yeast. It disrupts its cell membrane. Some species are more immune to it. Alcohol is a disinfectant.

    Don’t drink alcohol. !

    http://books.google.com/books?id=Cs296pWLCG4C&pg=PA352&lpg=PA352&dq=ethanol+as+a+growing+medium+for+candida&source=bl&ots=gMF3PpkzyO&sig=e7cGrmmt7EPKF6NJfbQCKreTfC0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=poVfT9_XBcmigweS5oSTCA&ved=0CCYQ6AEwATgU#v=onepage&q=ethanol%20as%20a%20growing%20medium%20for%20candida&f=false

    Jorge.

    #75849

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    Of course you are right, alcohol wouldnt be good for my leaky gut.

    Im curious now. You say blood sugar levels dont matter? that its only the stuff in the gut that matters… With this logic, then caffeine (which raises the blood sugar level) is not a problem?

    #75861

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    Chris24 wrote: Of course you are right, alcohol wouldnt be good for my leaky gut.

    Im curious now. You say blood sugar levels dont matter? that its only the stuff in the gut that matters… With this logic, then caffeine (which raises the blood sugar level) is not a problem?

    Caffeine don’t feed the fungus either but will irritate an already inflammed gut even more. I don’t drink it, less with leaky gut.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘erithrytol?’ is closed to new replies.