ENT Visit today :( ~ Able

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions ENT Visit today :( ~ Able

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Able, First let me thank you from the bottom of my heart for your advice and guidance. I’m writing because I just returned from my visit from my ENT to check how my Thrush was. My family Doc said for me to go to my dentist..I went to ENT. He told me there was this bizzar cult out there who think candida is in their blood, and through out their body. He told me this is nonsense and not to listen. He took a culture of my tongue and told me to call Monday and see what the results are and may start me on diflucan (something like that) I told him I don’t want more chemicals..he did not respond fondly to that either. I asked him about the diet no sugar and white food…he acted as if this was silly. I don’t agree. Everything you have said seems so true to me. I’m sticking to diet. I still have not bought probiotics. Should I get those soon..Day 11. I’m torn by what to do. He said people with Aids and Cancer get the other and I have neither and got this from antibiotics and it was not a big deal.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well, most western doctors don’t believe in candida…because if they could cure candida, then there wouldn’t be nearly as much illness out there to cure. In other words, all they want to do is prescribe medication but they never do anything to address the cause. Ask him what caused the thrush!?

For instance, many people get the common “cold/flu” during the winter. In my opinion, this is really just candida causing the immune imbalance. Candida can cause many other illnesses/health problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, obesity, and the list goes on and on. If you could cure all of these with diet and supplements, then there would be no need for doctors! And this would cause no need for medication…

Give the diet more time and your thrush will be cured within a few months/weeks.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Jackie.

Diflucan is another name for Fluconazole which is an antifungal and yeast medicine. This means it’s used strictly to treat fungal or yeast infections. If your doctor wants to give you a prescription for a fungal infection, then he apparently believes that you have an overgrown fungal problem; this is the definition of a “Candida albicans” infestation. The only problem he has is with the word “Candida’ – not with the idea that you have an overgrown yeast or fungal problem. It’s all about semantics, that and the fact that you’re dealing with a complete idiot.

When you asked your doctor about the diet, no sugar or white food, and he acted as if this was silly, he was just showing you his complete ignorance as far as the problem he was treating you for, a fungal yeast overgrowth. Anyone with even the slightest bit of knowledge about yeast should know that they live on sugar and carbohydrates, but it seems he must have missed that day in med-school.

As long as you stay on the diet and take the supplements suggested, your body will continue to heal. We have no reason to say that unless we truly believe it and know exactly what will cure an overgrowth of yeast.

I think you should probably start the probiotics in about three more days, which would be two weeks into the diet. Look for any probiotic with ten or more strains and at least 15-20 billion count or more. These are the bacteria strains in MegaFlora, so the ingredients on the label should appear something like this:

Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 (the DDS-1 type is very important)
    Lactobacillus rhamnosus
    Bifidobacterium bifidum
    Lactobacillus acidophilus
    Bifidobacterium infantis
    Bifidobacterium longum
    Streptococcus thermophilus
    Lactobacillus plantarum
    Lactobacillus salivarius
    Lactobacillus acidophilus
    Lactobacillus reuteri
    Lactobacillus casei
    Lactobacillus bulgaricus
    Lactobacillus sporogenes Bacillus lactis

Please let us know if you have questions about the probiotics, or anything else for that matter, Jackie.

Able

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Thanks to both of you. Something about this forum and being with folks that are living through this have a better understanding. I think I get home from school and spend 3-4 hours a night reading the post here. This is such a great source. Thanks for taking the time that you both do to help so many who are lost like myself and searching for answers.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Jackie,

Unfortunately as the lads say, that’s a fairly common reaction from medical doctors. Funny… i was back to my natural/ nutritionalist person yesterday who originally diagnosed my Candida and in the same discussion she said “if you went to a normal doctor they’d tell you all this was in your mind” and then later “what?! you’ve been researching this online?! Don’t tell me you’ve started one of those stupid Candida diets?!! That’ll only make you ill!” Stupid.

I’ll post my results on a seperate thread so I don’t highlight yours… but well done foe being senisble and not allowing him to make you feel stupid. You can tell the guys on here know what they’re talking about and although their approach is extreme, it’s been proven to work.

Be strong!

L

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ENT Visit today :( ~ Able’ is closed to new replies.