Ensure

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  frou-frou 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

frou-frou
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

So im new to the Candida diet and i was wondering if its okay to drink the meal replacement drink Ensure. If anyone knows the answer it would be awsome to know thanks.

TT
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 35

WATER, CORN MALTODEXTRIN, SUGAR (SUCROSE), CORN SYRUP, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, COCOA POWDER (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), SOY OIL, SHORT-CHAIN FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, CANOLA OIL. LESS THAN 0.5% OF: CORN OIL, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, POTASSIUM CITRATE, SOY LECITHIN, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE, MAGNESIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM CITRATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SALT (SODIUM CHLORIDE), CARRAGEENAN, CHOLINE CHLORIDE, ASCORBIC ACID, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, DL-ALPHA-TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ZINC SULFATE, NIACINAMIDE, FERROUS SULFATE, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, CUPRIC SULFATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, CHROMIUM CHLORIDE, FD&C RED #3, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, THIAMINE CHLORIDE HYDROCHLORIDE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID, BIOTIN, SODIUM SELENATE, POTASSIUM IODIDE, SODIUM MOLYBDATE, PHYLLOQUINONE, CYANOCOBALAMIN, AND VITAMIN D3.

That’s all the ingredients I could find in the basic Ensure drink.
    The other flavours may have extra stuff added in.

The references to corn and sugar plus artifical flavours are not good towards Candida….but maybe someone more experienced could check the list of ingredients out and give some input.

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

sugar and corn syrup are definitely not good… try some herbal teas or making one of these drinks at home – http://www.thecandidadiet.com/candida-recipes-drinks.htm

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

frou-frou
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

is there any meal replacement type drinks i can get that are okay for this diet? im crazy busy lately and dont always have time to make meals from scratch any sugestions?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ensure’ is closed to new replies.