emotional…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice emotional…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Tuula 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

anniroC:
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

I was wondering if anyone can share their experience with candida and being emotiona. I am not usually an emotional person (cry easily)… But with this diet… third week in… I feel like I am on the brink of crying several times a day.

thoughts?
    C:

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I felt completely crazy at first when I was first ill. I had wild mood swings and was very irritable. I could not cope with life and outside influences/stimuli.

anniroC:
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

Thanks for responding Raster. I appreciate your insight. Sometimes it helps to know you are not the only one going through these crazy side effects.
    C:

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

anniroC, I am a rather sensitive person but lately I feel teary over the silliest things! I’m hoping this will improve by the end of the diet.

Toosweet
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hello,
    I feel very depressed and emotional too. Especially after finding out that I have reintroduced some stage 2 foods too quickly. The thought of starting over again is sending me in a dark spiral. Today, I have given up my beloved coffee but this may just add to my blues. I have mild candida ( my score on the mini score test is 4) but have had success with chronic sinus issues so I’d like to stick with it.

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

I think it’s quiet normal for everyone doing the diet to become emotional in the first month or 2. For me being a chef, and I expect most people feel the same, having the basic enjoyments taken out of your lifestyle is a very depressing issue. The first few weeks were awful and got to a point where I hardly ate anything for a week or 2, just enough to survive and really did hit rock bottom. I was very depressed and moody and had a general feeling of emptiness all over. I think at that point I sorta give up on thinking about ever eating normal food or going for a few beers with my friends but had come to far to give up. I think once I did hit the bottom there was only one way to go and after that slowly I started feeling a bit happier and started to not mind eating the boring bland food and at one stadge got to a point where I was actually enjoying them!

It does get better, but it does take time. Keep your mind as occupied as you can and try not to dwell on the whole situation, it’s hard to think about how bad your feeling when your too busy other things. Distraction is key.

Benji

mandyb
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I also really don’t consider myself an emotional person but with this diet I have definitely felt quite emotional. Fortunately I had been warned about this side of it because a friend of a friend had been on the diet and this friend told me that one of the symptoms was being more emotional. I keep on having to remind myself that its just a normal part of it and that I mustn’t be too hard on myself (or others;) because my emotions are over the top.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

anniroC: wrote: I was wondering if anyone can share their experience with candida and being emotiona. I am not usually an emotional person (cry easily)… But with this diet… third week in… I feel like I am on the brink of crying several times a day.

thoughts?
    C:

I cried today and I am a old guy of 49. Very strange. I am too not emotional but I hit rock bottom not because of a bland diet but because I didn’t see success and my problems turned from bad to terrible. So terrible that I start crying because of a total hopeless and stuck feeling, mix with fear for the future. I suffer feeling of panic now and never did before in my life.

I hope you get well soon!
    yours
    Thomas

Tuula
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

Hi all emotional ones,
    I was one of them as well. And it was really terrible for the first 3 weeks or so. I just felt hopeless thinking that I can’t ever live normally again, have a restaurant dinner with my husband or friends. I had just spent one month without alcohol just voluntarily before I learned about my Candida. And that time I was at a couple of parties and it wasn’t so bad not to be drinking with others since I enjoyed all the food that was on offer, desserts and all.

But now it is actually pretty boring going to a party where most foods are not made for someone on my diet, so I can’t even enjoy that, not to mention alcohol.
    One tip is to take something you like with you to the party, I bring my own raw chocolate made from coconut oil, raw cacao and stevia. That keeps me awake at a late night party… That has been ok in the later stages of the diet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘emotional…’ is closed to new replies.