Eliminate bad breath caused by candida ( I hope )

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Eliminate bad breath caused by candida ( I hope )

This topic contains 27 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  JohnThornton 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

chinmoya
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

fscott wrote: I am sorry that you have had to suffer so long with this problem. I’ve found that my candida-related breath issues can be kept under control by doing two things:

1.) I put a good amount of sea-salt on my tongue, leaving it there for about five minutes before spitting it out.

2.) After rinsing out the salt, I open up a probiotic capsule and pour the contents onto my tongue. I then use my toothbrush to spread the probiotic all over the tongue surface. I keep the probiotic in my mouth anywhere from 5-20 minutes before swallowing. I usually don’t use a whole capsule; the amount you use will vary with the strength of the probiotic.

These things have helped me significantly over the last few weeks. I am hoping that it is a long term solution and that they remain effective in the future. I usually repeat these steps 2-3 times throughout the day.

Hope this helps. Whether or not you have candida, I would think these things could prove effective against the bacteria causing your bad breath.

(Also, don’t use table salt. I’ve heard that it can be harmful.)

Thanks for your tips. They helped me too! 😉

flamingo
    Replies: 7

I have tried breezecare, used it for about 3 years because i thought it would work over time, wasted so much of my money and it doesn’t even work.

flamingo
    Replies: 7

Breezecare products are designed so that you’ll keep buying from them your whole life. They don’t treat the source of it.
    I always question why people don’t have to use breezecare products and their breath is fresh, why can’t I be like them?
    I am no different to normal people and i can achieve fresh breath without needing to resort to buying expensive products like breezecare for the rest of my life.

natmike5464
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 17

I also have bad breath– something that helps me is probiotic gum- I keep some at work and they are very helpful….

Ms T
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 22

Hi.

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, I skimmed the replies to your message but I may have missed something.

I have used liquid Chlorophyl (Nature’s Way makes a good one). I do not know if Chlorophyl is acceptable on the strict diet that Able recommends, so perhaps someone can check me on that, however, I have seen it recommended elsewhere. I started it before my journey fighting Candida.

It does make your tongue green so I tend to use it at night.

Hope this is helpful.

T

crankystar
    Replies: 2

Hi ichigo! So glad I found your post, as my main problem is also bad breath.. I have read countless articles on the topic, went on many, many websites, forums and was able to narrow down the cause of my problem to post-nasal drip, which causes bad breath and can be caused by candida overgrowth. What has really helped me is to mix 1tsp of salt + a pinch of baking soda in a cup of warm water and to use it to “rinse” my nose with it, to get rid of mucus located at the back of my throat. (Post-nasal drip happens when your mucus production has gone out of whack). It works. When I first tried it, my breath was fresh for the very first time in years, but it is only temporary!

Ladytron
    Replies: 3

Hello everybody,

I found this forum very interesting. I have suffered chronic halitosis for 6 years and i’ve tried countless medicines, prescription drugs, herbal supplements, but nothing works for me. I read a lot of feedback about TheraBreath, but the problem is i can’t afford to buy them. I suspect that my BB comes from my stomach and esophagus because of candida. I used to have tonsil stones and i managed to eliminate them but my halitosis is still present. I have 4 silver fillings removed because of mercury(toxic) build up in my system which sometimes i smelled like metallic rust. I also have hiatal hernia with an open ileocecal valve, (pls. see article @ ( http://www.balancedconcepts.net/Hiatal_Hernia_Cause_Chronic_Illness.pdf ) ulcer, esophagitis, sinusitis and constipation. And i think these diseases have greatly contributed to my halitosis and affect my entire life. Most of the time i smelled like a sewer, rotten human flesh or egg. It’s so frustrating and i don’t know what to do anymore. I’m afraid to talk to people because i’m ashamed that they could smell my mouth odor. I felt like i’m imprisoned in my own world and scared to get out because of these diseases. But i’m still hoping and praying that i could beat this disease and free myself from this nightmare.

As of now, i am trying my best to complete the three months candida diet and i’m now in stage two. I have already experienced migraine, runny nose, and metalic taste, maybe this is what they call die off symptoms? I’m not sure. Anyway, my problem is, the food i’m eating which is recommended for hiatal hernia but not with candida. e.g. Apple or apple juice is good for eliminating acid reflux or GERD but the sugar content in it is not recommended for candida sufferer. Foods that are allowed on candida diet but not allowed on hiatal hernia sufferer. I don’t know what to eat anymore. Please help. I appreciate any advice coming from all of you. God bless us all.

crankystar
    Replies: 2

Hi Ladytron!

I guess some of the experts on here would be able to give better input, but the way I see it, we should focus on the root of our problems (candida) rather than its symptoms. That being said, I am not entirely sure all situations can be approached the same way.

I personally have given up (somewhat, as I still do my salt water/baking soda rinses) on “fixing” my halitosis nightmare and hope that getting control over the candida overgrowth will eventually better or even right all the wrongs I’m currently experiencing.

Hope other members can help you on this matter. Best of luck!

Ladytron

Hello crankystar,

Thanks for the reply. Anyway, have you tried virgin coconut oil pulling? i think it’s the most effective in killing fungal in the mouth. I’ve tried it already but my bb is still present which i think it comes from my gut. One more thing, i don’t use commercial toothpaste anymore as it contains toxic chemicals that are harmful to our body. I noticed that my breath would stink in an hour after brushing my teeth. So, i make my own tooth/mouth paste with the mixture of 1 tsp. table salt, 3 tsp. baking soda and a little bit of hydrogen peroxide to make a paste. I use it for gargle also and it works for me. You can add tea tree oil instead of hydrogen peroxide to the mixture if you don’t like the hp.

I hope this will help. (^_^)

weehen
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

I have bad breath too,, but it comes and goes, and certain foods definitely make it worse. Rinsing with warm salty water helps, as does oil pulling. Perhaps try a different oil if you seem to react to coconut enzymes? Are you constipated by any chance? I believe my breath is worst when I am very constipated (which is often). Do you eat lots of fresh raw parsley and peppermint and mint? They are great at freshening right through. Do you scrape your tongue at all?

A book that may interest you…it is about dental health but very holistic and blew my mind: Curing Tooth Decay by Ramiel Nagel. Explains how the bacteria in you mouth are all tied in with digestion etc…maybe some info in there will give you ideas?

Did you ever test for H. pylori or other bacterial things? One of the main symptoms is bad breath and bad taste in mouth. Just a thought. Where candida can thrive other horrible things can too…

Good luck.
    Wee Hen

Ladytron

Hello weehen,

3 years ago, i was diagnosed with hiatal hernia, ulcer, esophagitis, gastritis, doudenitis, but don’t have h. pylori. I tried oil pulling using vco, i rinse and gargle salt warm water everyday. I brush and floss my teeth after meals and gargle hydrogen peroxide mix with water but my breath still stinks. I also have candida.. i saw it on video after endoscopy procedure. My esophagus and intestines has tiny white spots on the wall and some part of my intestine was bleeding slightly.

I drink psyllium fiber and vegetable juice every morning but i’m still constipated. I drink senna leaf tea before bedtime and it works for me. I felt my colon is very clean every morning but my bb is still there especially during my menstruation period. I felt like all my diseases and symptoms would come out and my body is very weak, then there’s runny nose, migraine, skin rash, bloating, and my bb is getting worse.

Would it be possible that i have hormonal imbalance and immune diffeciency?

weehen
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

Ladytron, I sent you a PM 🙂

JohnThornton
    Replies: 1

To everyone feeling depressed about suffering from chronic bad breath, don’t lose hope, there really are solutions to this frustrating problem.

My girlfriend first told me that I had bad breath six months ago, though the likelihood is I’ve had it much longer and other people were either too scared or embarrassed to tell me. It was hard for me to initially accept that I had bad breath, not to mention extremely embarrassing and a blow to my confidence and self-esteem.

What was most frustrating, however, was that I actually couldn’t tell that I had a bad breath problem. I couldn’t smell anything and the only time I had an inkling was when I dabbed the back of my tongue with my finger and smelt it. My girlfriend was on the receiving end of my bad breath, and noticed it especially after I ate, whenever I physically exerted myself, or when I was stressed. Needless to say, it took a toll on our relationship, as the bad breath inhibited us from getting close or intimate.

Having tried to remedy the problem myself with regular brushing, mouthwash, chewing gum, and a tongue scraper, I visited two different dentists only to be told that my teeth and gums were absolutely fine and not the cause of my bad breath.

Following that I also visited two different GPs. The first doctor prescribed me an over-the-counter bacterial mouthwash, which temporarily eradicated the problem for a week or so, while the other referred me for a gastroscopy, which again showed no connection to my bad breath.

Most recently, I visited a homeopathic doctor who, following an hour-long consultation, concluded that the cause of my bad breath emanated from my stomach due to an internal imbalance that resulted in poor digestion.

She prescribed a concoction of mixed herbs to be taken as cups of tea three times per day, along with some drops (also to be taken before eating three times per day). I’ve been taking the treatment for about a week now and my bad breath has, I’ve been told, almost completely gone! I still can’t quite believe it. It’s early days (the treatment lasts one month) but I’m feeling much more optimistic and seriously recommend consulting a homeopath.

For those interested in the details of my treatment, please feel free to read on…

The initial 60-minute consultation was pretty extensive and included me talking about my family, childhood, traumatic experiences and other instances of ill health (I also suffer from Alopecia) and past visits to the hospital (i.e. for broken bones). It felt rather like a therapy or counselling session.

The doctor then asked me to lie down on a bed while she administered a form of Japanese acupuncture. This lasted for around 20 minutes. Following that, she performed some New Age-type exercises that helped her form a diagnosis.

The 50ml bottle of drops prescribed to me is called Amara-Tropfen and helps to aid digestion. I take 30 drops in water (can be taken without water too) three times per day just before eating.

The tea that I drink three times per day consists of the following ingredients…

– Passion flower/fruit herbs (20g)
    – Hypericum herbs (20g)
    – Oat straw (15g)
    – Camomile flowers (30g)
    – Barberry (20g)
    – Linseed (25g)
    – Flax seeds (25g)
    – Blackthorn (15g)
    – Bitter fennel (25g)
    – Caraway seeds (15g)

As homeopathy is a very personalised form of treatment, I wouldn’t recommend simply replicating the above ingredients, you’ll need to take a combination of ingredients specific to your own situation.

I appreciate that this can sound like a load of mumbo-jumbo but it has honestly made a difference to my bad breath – and more so than any western/traditional medicine.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Eliminate bad breath caused by candida ( I hope )’ is closed to new replies.