Eggs and Threelac questions ?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Eggs and Threelac questions ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jennyska
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 26

Hello everyone πŸ™‚
    I have two questions please :
    – I do not have access to organic eggs , is there any difference between them and the free-range one ? Can I eat the free-range ?
    – I have that Threelac and its constantly going trough my mind , I dont want to take it now- I mean I will slowly from next week start taking antifungals but after some time when I should start probiotics, is it such a bad choice ? It doesnt contain that much yeast …
    Thank you,
    Jenny πŸ™‚

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jennyska wrote: I do not have access to organic eggs , is there any difference between them and the free-range one ? Can I eat the free-range ?
    – I have that Threelac and its constantly going trough my mind , I dont want to take it now- I mean I will slowly from next week start taking antifungals but after some time when I should start probiotics, is it such a bad choice ? It doesnt contain that much yeast …

Hi, Jenny.

Organic eggs contain no antibiotics or hormones. I suppose we’re never sure whether cage free chickens are treated with these or not as it is not stipulated in the description. But if you do not have access to organic, then cage free is the only option and therefore you have no choice but to use them.

Actually the small amount of yeast in Threelac is there in order to feed the bacteria during storage and shipment and is not enough to cause harm to a person with Candida. The reason that ThreeLac will not work is because it contains only 3 strains of beneficial bacteria as opposed to a possible 14 in many brands. Plus, one packet of Threelac normally contains a count of 1 Β½ billion bacteria whereas you need to start with at least 30 billion and slowly move up from that number. You can see how ridiculous 1 Β½ billion is in this comparison.

Able

jennyska

So shall I throw it into the bin then ? πŸ™ Waste of money, or can I use it at all in the future ?
    Thanks Able,
    Jenny

Able900
    Spectator

jennyska wrote: So shall I throw it into the bin then ? πŸ™ Waste of money, or can I use it at all in the future?

Jenny, you can go ahead and take the Threelac if you want to, I don’t see how it would harm you.

Able

jennyska

Thanks, but I am extremely now cautious about my illness, because I do not want to feel like this forever. I am just about to buy the megafood probiotic from amazon , this one you reccommend right ?http://www.amazon.com/Megafood-Megaflora-Optim-veggie-caps/dp/B00014I912/ref=lh_ni_t but why does it say optimal POTENCY probiotic formula ? πŸ™‚ Thanks . J

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This probiotic sounds/looks good; its a good level to start at. Two others to consider are HMF forte (prebiotic) and the DDS-1 acidophilus (only one strain of probiotic).

Able900
    Spectator

jennyska wrote: why does it say optimal POTENCY probiotic formula?

Jenny, that’s the correct probiotic.

The word ‘optimal’ means the “most desirable possibility” and “potency” refers to the measure of the activity of a drug in a biological system, so what it means in this case is “the most desirable strength.” Notice that’s the ‘measure of the activity’ and not the measure of the amount.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

raster wrote: Two others to consider are HMF forte (prebiotic) and the DDS-1 acidophilus (only one strain of probiotic).

Raster, is the HMF Forte β€˜just’ a prebiotic, or is it a probiotic with a prebiotic added?

Can you tell me the brand name you use please?

Able

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Eggs and Threelac questions ?’ is closed to new replies.