Eating something that you shouldn't

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Eating something that you shouldn't

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ashjade
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi 🙂

I have been on the diet for almost three weeks and have stuck to it religiously during this time. However the last couple of days I have had awful headaches come on late in the afternoon. Along with the headaches I am getting extreme sugar cravings. I had to use all the self control I had in order to avoid buying some lollies on my way home tonight! However, when I got home I ate three dried prunes, I don’t know where the self control went, I just had to eat them! Now I am gutted at myself and wonder how much damage I have done to the killing of my candida.

Have I just ruined the last three weeks of hard work by eating sugary food!?!?

It is now an hour after eating the prunes and my stomach is causing slight discomfort, but not too bad. Is this the candida growing again! 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 I hope not!

Thanks

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

You can see the nutritional profile of prunes here: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2043/2

They have more free glucose than fructose, which will probably have been absorbed in your small intestine. Problems could arise from fructose malabsorption, which allows fructose “access” to the bowels where most of the bad guys are. If you have an overgrowth in your small intestine though, it’d probably cause issues whether you malabsorb it or not.

Do you get bloating or pain above the naval? Symptoms almost straight after eating? Acid reflux? These could be signs of small intestinal problems.

Anyway, it was just three prunes, which also had some good nutrients in them. Worrying about food is going to do more damage than 10g of sugar. Read up on what your body does during a stress response and you’ll see how it would please opportunistic yeast. Expecting symptoms sets you up for a nocebo effect too. There are physiological reasons for cravings as well as psychological ones, so listen to your body. Next time try eating something satiating when you feel cravings. Some avocado or oat bran or something. Don’t go hungry whatever the time and try to relax!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Eating something that you shouldn't’ is closed to new replies.