Eat your Brussel Sprouts

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Eat your Brussel Sprouts

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  lucidity 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Phytoalexins are various varieties of toxins which are produced naturally in and by plants. These specific toxins are not toxic to human beings, but are very toxic to organisms and pathogens which attempt to attack plants. One particular phytoalexin is known as brussalexin, and it has proven to be one of the most powerful antifungal agents in the plant kingdom. It may puncture the cell wall of the fungus, delay maturity, disrupt metabolism, and it can prevent reproduction of fungi. What I’m saying is, it can successfully inactivate Candida albicans cells, and it can do this quicker than other antifungals.

A high concentration of brussalexin is found in Brussels sprouts. Add these tiny, cabbage-like vegetables to your every day diet as a strong and natural antifungal. Watch for possible strong die-off symptoms afterwards, especially if this vegetable is new to your diet.

Please let the other members know if these vegetables help you in any way or if you experience die-off symptoms after eating them.

Able

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Interesting on the brussel sprouts. That would be great if eating brussel sprouts could have those effects on candida long-term. Did you have any particular links to this information?
    I found some info when I googled brussalexin and candida.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jameskep;29630 wrote: Interesting on the brussel sprouts. That would be great if eating brussel sprouts could have those effects on candida long-term. Did you have any particular links to this information? I found some info when I googled brussalexin and candida.

Hello, James.

I was actually doing some research on different types of phytoalexins when I discovered this very strong one that’s highly concentrated in Brussels sprouts (brussalexin).

And I think you’re right about Brussels sprouts being a good maintenance food once you’ve finished with the treatment and diet. Candida albicans are probably unable to adapt to phytoalexins, otherwise, why would they be used by nature to protect the plants?

Thanks, Able

oyukisin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Do you guys have any brussel sprouts recipes? i have plenty on my mom’s fridge, fresh not frozen, but i don’t like them very much, i’m willing to eat them but i dont want to have it just steamed

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

oyukisin;30920 wrote: Do you guys have any brussel sprouts recipes?

I’m fortunate in that I like brussel sprouts, so I just boil them and put some coconut oil or olive oil and sea salt on them. I did just hear about chopping them and sauteeing them in olive oil, although I can’t imagine that would taste much different — just a different presentation.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

I really don’t think they taste that much different from other green veges. I usually cook them in coconut oil or olive oil and think the taste good that way. Lately I have been putting them in my morning vegetable Vitamix smoothie. Of course this doesn’t taste so great, but I’m very happy to read brussel sprouts are so good for us. Thanks for the tip Able!

Also, Trader Joe’s now sell them on a large stalk fresh and unremoved. I have buying them this way. I prefer this much better than seeing them already in plastic bags.

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

yay for brussel sprouts, i like to saute w/CO, salt, and apple cider vinegar!!

meteordude
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Roasting is a particularly tasty way to prepare them:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-brussels-sprouts-recipe2/index.html

I cut mine in half or in thirds before seasoning and roasting–I like the texture better this way. Tasty!

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

I get die-off from eating a load of brussels sprouts. I make a wicked soup with a tonne of brussels sprouts, jalapenos, onion and spirulina before adding a load of raw garlic after its been simmering a while. I also add in a load of other green leafy veg like spinach and kale, as well as brocolli and just about anything else green and organic. I blend that bad-boy and viola!, you have yourself a proteinous, fibrous and antifungal snack.

lucidity
    Participant
    Replies: 11

This morning I had a folded omelette with brussel sprouts, sliced and lightly fried on a coconut oil together with some onion, salted and peppered. Simple and tasty!
    I haven’t had a clue they are that good on this diet.

lucidity
    Participant
    Replies: 11

Cheesey;39358 wrote: I get die-off from eating a load of brussels sprouts. I make a wicked soup with a tonne of brussels sprouts, jalapenos, onion and spirulina before adding a load of raw garlic after its been simmering a while.

By the way, I’ve read that Spirulina looses its healthy qualities when heated. Anyone knows how is it in real?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Eat your Brussel Sprouts’ is closed to new replies.