Easy Teff Pancakes

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast Easy Teff Pancakes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fixme 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

cjtboy
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 26

This is for more of a breakfast pancake, but you could easily change this up by using no spices, or just different ones (maybe rosemary/thyme for a savory/dinner option?).

Ingredients:
    – 1 cup Teff flour
    – 1 tsp baking powder
    – 1/2 tsp sea salt
    – 1 egg
    – 1 cup homemade kefir OR coconut milk OR water (* more or less depending on pancake thickness you want). I used kefir.
    – 1 Tbsp olive oil (mix this into batter – not for the pan)
    – (OPTIONAL) 1/2 Tbsp alcohol-free vanilla extract (Frontier brand)
    – (OPTIONAL) cinnamon to taste
    – (OPTIONAL) zest from one lemon

Steps:
    – mix dry ingredients with whisk
    – add in rest of ingredients and whisk until everything is evenly incorporated
    – place ~ 1/4 cup of batter into skillet @ medium heat (My stove was @ 6 of 10, and it was perfect), coat pan lightly with oil of your choice, and rotate pan to spread pancake batter as soon as you drop in the batter
    – cook until edges firm up and top starts to set – then flip over, just like you would for regular pancakes

I wish I had a good idea for topping… I just used some ghee and lemon juice, and that was actually pretty good.

These pancakes were pretty standard in terms of thickness, but I like mine really thin, so next time I plan to try with more liquid. This recipe gave me 6 nice size pancakes – enough for 2 people for sure.

link to my pic, as I can’t figure out how to post an image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay14dj9qicilh8s/2012-08-14%2017.12.10.jpg

cjtboy

Quick update –

I tried making crepe-like pancakes this morning by thinning the batter a bit with water… didn’t really work out (pancakes just crumbled – didn’t hold their form).

May try this again with more eggs and/or something like guar gum. I will update if I find something else that allows for really thin pancakes.

If anyone else figures it out, let me know!

jakecaresforu459
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

I tried this recipe yesterday:

Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour
    2 tablespoons white sugar
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 egg, beaten
    1 cup milk
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions

In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in milk, egg and oil. Mix until smooth.
    Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

and was so glad I did! Delicioso!

cjtboy

re: jakecaresforu459

umm, you know you can’t eat half those ingredients on this diet, right? white flour, sugar, milk – won’t do you any good if you’re trying to beat candida.

fixme
    Participant
    Replies: 101

jakecaresforu459;28151 wrote: I tried this recipe yesterday:

Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour
    2 tablespoons white sugar
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 egg, beaten
    1 cup milk
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions

In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in milk, egg and oil. Mix until smooth.
    Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

and was so glad I did! Delicioso!

You must be trying to sabotage people.. white sugar? flour? vegetable oil?

cjtboy- Recipe sounds good. Guar gum is a sugar though

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Easy Teff Pancakes’ is closed to new replies.