Ear noise…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Ear noise…

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

How many of you have it and did you get rid of it? If so, how long before you got rid of it (what stage)?

It’s starting to drive me insane. It’s one of the lingering symptoms I still have and I was really hoping to get rid of. I noticed it gets worse at evening after I pop probiotic capsules. Am I imagining this or it does have some connection?

Arijana

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

orka1998 wrote: How many of you have it and did you get rid of it? If so, how long before you got rid of it (what stage)?

It’s starting to drive me insane. It’s one of the lingering symptoms I still have and I was really hoping to get rid of. I noticed it gets worse at evening after I pop probiotic capsules. Am I imagining this or it does have some connection?

Arijana

Like tinnitus?

I get it whenever my dizzyness is at its worst, and sometimes on weather changing days.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

benc wrote:

How many of you have it and did you get rid of it? If so, how long before you got rid of it (what stage)?

Arijana

Like tinnitus?
    I get it whenever my dizzyness is at its worst, and sometimes on weather changing days.
    Believe it or not, tinnitus is another one of seemingly hundreds of possible symptoms connected to a Candida overgrowth.
    Did either of you have this before your your infestation?

Able

benc

Able900 wrote:

Arijana

Like tinnitus?
    Believe it or not, tinnitus is another one of seemingly hundreds of possible symptoms connected to a Candida overgrowth.

Able

No, but i did used to DJ, so my ears have been exposed to loud noise.

I believe this can effect any tissue in the body, thats why i’m so desperate to get rid of it as soon as I can.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I call it “ringing ears” and it went away after a month or two on the diet for me. It’s a die-off symptom.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant

Able900 wrote:

Arijana

Like tinnitus?

Able

I noticed it last summer, and this is when my extreme fatigue and few other symptoms started. At times it’s more of a ringing like after a loud concert or something, but at times it’s like there is a huge waterfall right in my ears. The ringing has gotten a bit worse since on the treatment and sometimes it’s so annoying. The waterfall is not there as much since on the treatment (it used to be there every time I tried laying on my back, less on the side and it even woke me up few times).

I just read what tinnitus is and it is possible I did some damage to me ears due to listening to my iPod much to loud. People would dance to my music from across a huge room I would have it so loud. Perhaps this is why it’s not going away with this treatment. I was hoping it’s candida related and that with getting rid of candida I can get rid of that as well 🙁

Thanks guys for your responses!

Arijana

orka1998
    Participant

raster wrote: I call it “ringing ears” and it went away after a month or two on the diet for me. It’s a die-off symptom.

-raster

Mine is still here after three months so this is why I started loosing faith that it is candida related. Almost all of my other symptoms are pretty much gone or improved greatly. I don’t think I’m under die-off or at least not a heavy one (not taking molybdenum and I am feeling OK, not great but OK), although it does seem to get worse about half an hour to an hour after I take probiotic capsules.

Thanks raster for your reply!

Arijana

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I’ve had it on and off for years but only continuous for the last 3 years – when the my candida really started to show. For me, its always worse at night. I’m hoping the diet will get rid of it.

bighopes
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 24

I have it too – its like a bus is driving through my ears – I find it comes and goes all the time but cant be noticebale after a probiotic and after taking antifungal. How is your sinus pressure now ? – as these tubes are all connected ? Its good that this is one of your only symptoms left though at this stage

orka1998
    Participant

bighopes wrote: I have it too – its like a bus is driving through my ears – I find it comes and goes all the time but cant be noticebale after a probiotic and after taking antifungal. How is your sinus pressure now ? – as these tubes are all connected ? Its good that this is one of your only symptoms left though at this stage

Hi bighopes,

The sinus pressure pretty much gone. Most of the time I breathe just fine. Rarely my nose would feel a little stuffy in the morning when I get up but usually doesn’t stay for long.

I am getting my strength back slowly. I am molybdenum free for three days and no die-off. I have better or worse days but never bad and mostly my days are good now. Occasionally I have a minor ache somewhere in my body and a bit of lightheadiness but it doesn’t stay for long and usually just a cup of nettle tea or lemon water helps take it away. I am on nistatin and probiotic therapy prescribed by my OBGYN (in addition to my regular probiotic) so little bit of die-off came back at the beginning of that, but since I’m half way through it’s pretty much gone as well. My mood is so much better, I am laughing again and playing with my girls (more than yelling ha!). I am mostly stress free.

I successfully introduced 15 blueberries per day (Raster’s recipe hahahah, but I don’t have it every day) and half a grapefruit twice a week every other week with skipping one lemon drink. Getting ready to try Greek yoghurt again next sometimes this week. Last time I started eating it, some of my symptoms came back so I held off for couple of weeks before trying it again.

I don’t seem to need that much food as I did at the beginning of the treatment and am not loosing any pounds but am steady at 64kg for over a month now.

The only two symptoms I really still have is that ear noise and chronic thirst and feeling dehydrated most of the time. I do have stomach pain occasionally but that turned out to be because of the hiatus hernia and erosion caused by food pushed back up out of my stomach. I am on a therapy that is supposed to help with erosion and am eating 4-5 smaller meals per day so it is getting better.

How are you feeling these days bighopes? Are your sinuses any better?

Arijana

orka1998
    Participant

Jo*Jo wrote: I’ve had it on and off for years but only continuous for the last 3 years – when the my candida really started to show. For me, its always worse at night. I’m hoping the diet will get rid of it.

Hi Jo Jo,

Yes mine is always worse at night but I was not sure if it is caused by something I take in the pm or perhaps it’s because it’s less of the noise at that time. I am also hoping I will eventually get rid of it but now worry that perhaps I did do some damage to my ears with the iPod. I did it for years and years. I used to blast it while biking and working as it helps me get into the mood and concentrate. Since I got sick loud music was bothering me so just now I started getting back into it while driving and stuff.

Oh well, if this needs to be my last symptom that stays, I will still be happy as I got rid of some serious ones 🙂

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would argue that the ringing ears is not from listening to music really loud or too frequently; I used to be a college radio DJ and listen to music all day long everyday. I do get the ringing ears after loud show/concert though!

Antifungals can cause ringing ears and it seems to be one of those “random” symptoms that comes and goes at random like a headache. All in all it improved and went away after starting the diet but it makes an appearance once a month for me now after 11 months on the diet.

I had it worse during the die-off phase tho.

-raster

benc

My ear symptoms were a mixture of ringing, ear popping, ear itching & then middle ear dizziness.

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

Wow Arijana, sounds great how you’ve improved. Congratulations. Must be a different life now…
    Just wondering, how much of the antifungals have you been taking? I remember that you once wrote you didn’t take the coconut oil because of too much die-off… did you increase antifungals over time? I’m asking because I want to lower the molybdenum without causing too much die-off, but also want to stick with a high enough dose of antifungals to progress with the treatment.

Really happy to hear you’re better!

Chloë

orka1998
    Participant

Chlofloso wrote: Wow Arijana, sounds great how you’ve improved. Congratulations. Must be a different life now…
    Just wondering, how much of the antifungals have you been taking? I remember that you once wrote you didn’t take the coconut oil because of too much die-off… did you increase antifungals over time? I’m asking because I want to lower the molybdenum without causing too much die-off, but also want to stick with a high enough dose of antifungals to progress with the treatment.

Really happy to hear you’re better!

Chloë

Hi Chloe,

Honestly I did not take much of the antifungals, and I still didn’t take any of the coconut oil. I am on an antifungal therapy prescribed by my OBGYN and wonder if that has helped a lot as my first and most persistent problem was there (since I was 15 and now I am almost 40). I am taking regular probiotics plus additional ones which targets and regulates vaginal flora. I am drinking close to 750ml of kefir daily and sticking to the diet. I am eating as much of prebiotic foods (oat bran, buckwheat etc.) as I can. I only do natural antifungals, but being careful with those (onion family veggies/spices. Took a combination of antifungals for a while, but had some weird symptoms so I discontinued those.

I am surprised that I was able to improve like this. I am sure candida is still there, but perhaps I did manage to reduce its numbers enough to clear most of the symptoms. Looks like probiotics are working their magic slowly (I didn’t really improve big until my three months were out). If you remember, I did have some very bad die-off at the beginning and really thought my end was nearing so probably this is where most of the candida died off. Now I just need to slowly finish the job of killing it and for it to return to its normal form.

So it seems that for me probiotics worked better than antifungals. It does seem that those should be used only to kill off enough of the candida to ease up the symptoms, but probiotics must be replaced in the gut flora to start restoring it. I am sure that my good mood is caused by vitamins and nutrients that these offer so looks like I did manage to replace a good part of it.

I don’t think that my gut was in such a bad shape as I did have the right diet for over 10 years up until couple of years ago when I had my kids. This is why I was so surprised to have so much of die-off. I was under almost constant die-off for close to two months, and even drinking chamomile tea was getting me dizzy causing die-off. I can drink herbal tea now without getting dizzy so that’s a good sign.

My fight is far from over, I know that for sure, but it sure is so much easier fighting when you are feeling fine 🙂

I will attempt some coconut oil as soon as I am done with the therapy OBGYN gave me and see what happens. I don’t respond well to molybdenum so I must be careful not to trigger too much die-off. I will let you know what happens.

Best of luck to you Chloe and hope you are almost symptom free soon as well.

Arijana

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Ear noise…’ is closed to new replies.