DVJorge please help!Fungal prostatitis

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions DVJorge please help!Fungal prostatitis

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  lonelygirl 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Addams01
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi,

I’d like to ask for your help regarding this terrible disease which is completely ruining my life. I’ve lost almost everything, I am basicly half-bedridden, thank God I can rely on my family. I’ve been battling prostatitis since Jan 2012, and was prescribed always antibiotics, doxy, cipro, levaquin, which helped somewhat but the urethral discomfort, itching, redness and burning always came back after the regimen was finished.
    At the end of a long – almost 10 weeks – levaquin course I woke up with severe heart palpitations in the middle of the night, chills, burning in hands, and heavy burning when urinating. I felt as if I was poisoned. Finally I could overcome these symptoms except the urinary but I lost weight and feel always tired with no energy.
    No doc had any clue what it was but later the urologist found yeast in my EPS. I was given fluconazole 50 mg for 2 weeks but my condition did not improve and now I feel itching, pain and burning in my bladder also and feels like I have constant inflammation in my urethra. I also have flank pain and dry cough but the kidneys are OK on ultrasound. Now the urologist thinks I have IC because no pathogen can be found. Needless to say antibiotics have no effect at all at this point.
    Do you think these symptoms can be attributed to yeast? Can yeast also infect the urethra and cause persistent urethritis and discomfort?
    Is there a way to cure this?
    I’ve read your story about treatment with terbinafine + an azole drug combination, what was the dosage you took and how long did it take till you experienced symptom improvement?

Any advice is much appreciated,

Thanks!!

Adam

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Prostatitis is a symptom of Candida. I would look into that. If you have candida, you will need to treat that in order to get better. There is no magic pill. A Candida protocol that includes a diet, antifungals, vitamins, & probiotics has been shown to get results.

I suffered from prostatitis and many other candida symptoms. After 4 months on the forum’s protocol, my prostatitis has improved. When I first started the cleanse and the diet, I got a resurgence of it and had to take antibiotics because it was that bad. I took the antibiotics for a week only.

So it was gone for the first 3 months on my treatment, then around month 4 I noticed a very mild discomfort in my urethra when I woke up in the morning. This might have been due to the fact I slipped up on the diet on Thanksgiving and Xmas. So I added cranberry extract and juniper berries extract pills into my daily regimen for the past 2 weeks, and I’ve noticed it is going away.

Now, because I know I have Candida, I could not take the cranberry and juniper pills and expect to get results if I was eating foods that feed Candida, because my immune system would be too busy fighting my Candida condition 24 hours a day from food, it wouldn’t stand a chance to do it’s normal work of keeping other organs healthy.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Addams01;32234 wrote:
    Hi,

I’d like to ask for your help regarding this terrible disease which is completely ruining my life. I’ve lost almost everything, I am basicly half-bedridden, thank God I can rely on my family. I’ve been battling prostatitis since Jan 2012, and was prescribed always antibiotics, doxy, cipro, levaquin, which helped somewhat but the urethral discomfort, itching, redness and burning always came back after the regimen was finished.
    At the end of a long – almost 10 weeks – levaquin course I woke up with severe heart palpitations in the middle of the night, chills, burning in hands, and heavy burning when urinating. I felt as if I was poisoned. Finally I could overcome these symptoms except the urinary but I lost weight and feel always tired with no energy.
    No doc had any clue what it was but later the urologist found yeast in my EPS. I was given fluconazole 50 mg for 2 weeks but my condition did not improve and now I feel itching, pain and burning in my bladder also and feels like I have constant inflammation in my urethra. I also have flank pain and dry cough but the kidneys are OK on ultrasound. Now the urologist thinks I have IC because no pathogen can be found. Needless to say antibiotics have no effect at all at this point.
    Do you think these symptoms can be attributed to yeast? Can yeast also infect the urethra and cause persistent urethritis and discomfort?
    I’ve read your story about treatment with terbinafine + an azole drug combination, what was the dosage you took and how long did it take till you experienced symptom improvement?

Thanks!!

Adam

You need to treat the intestines and a systemic drug long term. My prostatitis was cured after 3 months on systemic drugs and also targeting the intestines. It is in the intestines where the immune suppression takes place. It is there where the fungal colonies release mannan that block your cell-mediated immunity. The immunity is necessary to overcome a fungal prostatitis. Fluconazole or any other drug won’t do too much if candida colonies are causing immune suppression. It is a time battle where you need discipline and dedication.

Jorge.

Addams01
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thank you for your answers. I know this should be treated as a complex together with the diet, supplements and systemic antifungal drugs.
    As far as I know penetration of drugs into prostatic tissue in proper concentrations is needed to achieve the desired fungicidal effect to eradicate the infection.

What is your opinion on using systemic antifungal combinations so that fungicidal effect is achieved due to the synergy?

Thank you

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

dvjorge;32290 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!!

Adam

You need to treat the intestines and a systemic drug long term. My prostatitis was cured after 3 months on systemic drugs and also targeting the intestines. It is in the intestines where the immune suppression takes place. It is there where the fungal colonies release mannan that block your cell-mediated immunity. The immunity is necessary to overcome a fungal prostatitis. Fluconazole or any other drug won’t do too much if candida colonies are causing immune suppression. It is a time battle where you need discipline and dedication.

Jorge.

When you say targeting the intestines, do you mean Enemas?

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i feel your pain ,i was told i had ic also because no infection could be found .bladder pain ,vulva and vaginal pain are my worst and main symptoms .
    this all started after the birth of my daughter 18 months ago .
    i last saw a urologist who wants to do instillation caths where they inject meds into your bladder ! this would also mean antibiotics as catheter is risk of infection .
    they fed me loads of antibiotics for no reason and thats why im in this mess now !
    i was on a course of both doxycyline and amoxicilloin for over a month !
    im so sorry u are in pain .yeast can def cause your symptoms .

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I had full blown prostatitis before I had Candida.

It was terrible, so I went to my urologist and he prescribed me a course of 4 different anti-biotics over the course of 3 – 4 months (was taking anti-biotics almost everyday!)

This eventually led to all of my candida issues. THE ANTI-BIOTICS NEVER CURED MY prostatitis. My body eventually healed it self from prostatitis over the course of 1 year and 1/2 but in that time I developed severe digestive issues (Candida).

If your prostatitis came after your systemic candida, then you need to treat your candida as prostatitis is 1 of many candida symtoms.

No more anti-biotics, they will make issues worse for sure. It did for me.

lonelygirl
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 14

Hi Jorge,

I have been following your posts for awhile and you usually make total sense. However could you clarify for me why you posted these two opposing statements in different posts?

“My prostatitis was cured after 3 months on systemic drugs and also targeting the intestines.”

“My body eventually healed it self from prostatitis over the course of 1 year and 1/2 but in that time I developed severe digestive issues (Candida).”

Did your prostatitis come back? I’m not sure I get what you are saying!

Also where did you get your prescriptions for systemic drugs? Were you under the guidance of a practicing physician?

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

lonelygirl.

Looks like you are mixing up my posts and Jorge’s.

My prostatitis was not fungal related as I had this before Candida.
    It went away on its own eventually.

lonelygirl
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 14

Ooops! Thanks for the clarification!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DVJorge please help!Fungal prostatitis’ is closed to new replies.