Drinking/Purchasing Human Breast Milk…best probiotic?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Drinking/Purchasing Human Breast Milk…best probiotic?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  freedaji 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

spider
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9

Recently I’ve been reading articles about how important breastfeeding is. One of the many reasons breastfeeding is important is because human breast milk contains hundreds (maybe more?) of strains of good bacteria.

If this is the case, and if babies are able to populate their gut with loads of beneficial bacteria simply by drinking their mothers milk, shouldn’t we theoretically be able to do the same?

I’ve done a bit of research, and it’s definitely possible to find and purchase human breast milk. I’m curious as to whether any of you think this would be a better alternative to probiotics in capsules or in the form of cow/goat kefir?

While the thought of being a grown adult and drinking another woman’s breast milk may be slightly off-putting, if the results (or even just research) are promising, I am willing to try it.

Perhaps I can be the forum guinea pig 🙂 Let me know your thoughts…

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

I’ve thought about this before too, but the fact that I don’t know who it’s coming from is pretty unsettling haha. Especially if they have poor health or mercury fillings and such, I’d be afraid of some of that passing in, but I could just be over thinking it.

spider

Tdog333;48564 wrote: I’ve thought about this before too, but the fact that I don’t know who it’s coming from is pretty unsettling haha. Especially if they have poor health or mercury fillings and such, I’d be afraid of some of that passing in, but I could just be over thinking it.

Those would definitely be concerns, as I would not want to drink milk from someone who doesn’t take great care of their bodies.

I still feel like it’s more natural for us to drink milk from our own species, a milk we once drank to populate our guts, rather than drinking the fermented milk of a goat or cow.

We also don’t know everything about the goat or cows health…but we drink their kefir or yogurt anyway…

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Have you considered buying a probiotic that has the beneficial bacteria from breast milk in it?

spider

Jo*Jo;48606 wrote: Have you considered buying a probiotic that has the beneficial bacteria from breast milk in it?

It seems that there are many more strains of probiotics in breast milk when compared to a simple probiotic…potentially hundreds of more strains.

I’m not sure how we would simply select the strains that are best…I think all of them are combined together and fed to a baby because they work synergistically.

freedaji
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 19

Hhmmmm… Yeah, I am breastfeeding my daughter right now and have thought of making kefir out of it for us both… the only thing I wonder is if my milk is as good since I have candida and also an imbalance of gut flora? I eat well (I’m on the strict diet), however, I wonder if my daughter is getting enough probiotics from my milk…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Drinking/Purchasing Human Breast Milk…best probiotic?’ is closed to new replies.