Drawoe Kura with kimchi (Tibetan kefir-buckwheat pancakes) from Sandor Katz's Wild Fermentation

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast Drawoe Kura with kimchi (Tibetan kefir-buckwheat pancakes) from Sandor Katz's Wild Fermentation

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yeastygut 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

yeastygut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

I made these pancakes the other morning and they were amazingly savory and delicious. In Katz’s new book there is a recipe for kimchi pancakes, so if you’ve got it handy I recommend adding some to make these pancakes even tastier! I altered the recipe a little bit, so here’s the recipe from Wild Fermentation:

1 cup buckwheat flour
    1 cup kefir
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1 cup water
    vegetable oil.

Combine ingredients and add water until it can be poured with a ladle.

My variation:

1/2 cup buckwheat flour
    1/2 cup allowed flour
    1/4 cup ground flax or pumpkin seed
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 cup kefir or yogurt
    2 eggs
    2 tbs oil
    Optional: 1/4-1/2 cup kimchi, fried onions and garlic!

yeastygut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

I would just like to bump my own post because SOMEONE needs to try these. I made another batch today and once again they proved to be the best food (not just the best pancakes) I have had since starting the diet. Someone, please, enjoy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Drawoe Kura with kimchi (Tibetan kefir-buckwheat pancakes) from Sandor Katz's Wild Fermentation’ is closed to new replies.