Dr. Visit Yesterday

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Dr. Visit Yesterday

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

For the past week or so I have had a very sore throat. I thought it may be due to me trying to eat raspberries. Yesterday I could see yellow patches on the front area of my tonsils and my lymph glands were swollen. I hated the thought of going to the doctors but I decided I should go and get checked. I went to a new doctor in town and didn’t mention my thrush.

I had them check me out with out discussing my previous (life). I had a nurse practioner and a Dr. see me. The NP wanted to give me a script for antibiotics even though the strep test came back negative. She said I had swollen lymph nodes and wanted to know where she could have my perscription sent to. I said I wanted to see a Dr. The doctor came in and talked to me about my concerns. Said I was not to take the antibiotics and I was not to even get a perscription filled for it. He made an appointment for me to see a GI DR. He said he would not say this is in my head etc. He drew blood and had different blood test run. He said he would call me on Monday and let me know how those test turned out and wanted to get back with me in a week to review what was going on with my case.

Hum…He had no answers but was the first Dr. to take a minor interest.

We shall see. Today my right side of neck is quite swollen. Lymph nodes I would guess. I told husband I was afraid I was getting a huge goiter…when I read about that. Those are caused by lack of iodine…hum…for 8 months I have only had sea salt. Thinking I will cheat on my eggs and put a little bit of regular salt today and see if that helps.

I’m of course looking for the worst causes…but when I looked at Mayo Clinic’s web site it sounds more like tonsillitis. Hopefully that is all I have…but I get so darn scared about everything anymore….

Any thoughts on what it might be?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hey, Teach.

I just wanted to remind everyone that iodine is on the Vitamins & Supplements post and is shown as part of the protocol. I know how easy it is to miss or forget about one seemingly small detail of the protocol, but iodine is a necessary and even life-sustaining mineral. I would try to obtain an iodine supplement as soon as you can.

Quote: “If you’re using sea salt without iodine, you should take an iodine supplement. “Liqui-Kelp” made by World Organic is a quality brand and sold at most health and vitamin stores. A general mineral supplement with selenium should also be considered as a positive factor in the overall protocol.”

I’m not trying to say that this is your problem as it could simply be the Candida returning because of the raspberries. Actually the strict diet has a few foods to test way before you should start testing berries or other sugary foods; For example, tomatoes, 1/2 Granny Smith apple, and home-cooked dried beans; and remember, these foods should be tested at least two full weeks apart, and more time would be even better. But basically, it really depends on when you test the first food item. I think the first time I went off the diet I tested peanut butter and red apples; when my infestation reinstated itself stronger than before, I didn’t try to introduce another food until I had been completely symptom-free for a total of three months; that’s totally symptom-free for a period of three months. I imagine this plays a large role as far as why my infestation has never returned. Yeah, I know, “Just shut up, Able!”

Take care of yourself, Teach.
    Able

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Able900 wrote: Hey, Teach.

I just wanted to remind everyone that iodine is on the Vitamins & Supplements post and is shown as part of the protocol. I know how easy it is to miss or forget about one seemingly small detail of the protocol, but iodine is a necessary and even life-sustaining mineral. I would try to obtain an iodine supplement as soon as you can.

Quote: “If you’re using sea salt without iodine, you should take an iodine supplement. “Liqui-Kelp” made by World Organic is a quality brand and sold at most health and vitamin stores. A general mineral supplement with selenium should also be considered as a positive factor in the overall protocol.”

I’m not trying to say that this is your problem as it could simply be the Candida returning because of the raspberries. Actually the strict diet has a few foods to test way before you should start testing berries or other sugary foods; For example, tomatoes, 1/2 Granny Smith apple, and home-cooked dried beans; and remember, these foods should be tested at least two full weeks apart, and more time would be even better. But basically, it really depends on when you test the first food item. I think the first time I went off the diet I tested peanut butter and red apples; when my infestation reinstated itself stronger than before, I didn’t try to introduce another food until I had been completely symptom-free for a total of three months; that’s totally symptom-free for a period of three months. I imagine this plays a large role as far as why my infestation has never returned. Yeah, I know, “Just shut up, Able!”

Able

Thanks Able for the reminder.

Jackie2
    Participant

Able900 wrote: Hey, Teach.

Able

Ok, again I have to claim what an idiot I am….I never remember reading this. Off to buy some stuff. I guess the better I got the more I slack off and then get slapped right away with something new.

I’m wondering in all honesty if I should start the diet all over again. Go back to square one. I’m so mad and still frustrated that I’m not further along then I should be. Then again…I have the will power of a 3 year old in a candy store.

Lets see…almonds, cashews, dried cherries what are all of the stupid mistakes I have made that have caused pretty serious set backs…

Life was good when all I was eating was egg plant and cabbage with oninons and olives. I think I’m going to start over…any thoughts?

Should I make sure I’m taking my molybdenum for three days first before I start over.

Thanks for your advice as always.
    This lump in my neck is freaking me out…giving me quite a bit of stress as I let my mind wander about what the heck else could be going wrong.

Jackie

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Should I make sure I’m taking my molybdenum for three days first before I start over.

Hi, Jackie, if you start the diet over, since some of your symptoms have returned, I would take it for at least one day beforehand.

This lump in my neck is freaking me out…

I think it’s probably a lymph node. Goiters usually occur because of thyroid problems, but I’ve not seen you mention any symptoms.

Keep us posted if you will, especially about the tests.

Able

Jackie2
    Participant

I’m afraid to give up my yogurt and kefir. You know what a life savor they have been to me. I’m back to oil pulling and making sure I’m just sticking to the original safe food list.

I had no symptoms. I had told you about the rasberries…not even that much a small handfull.

I have burning on my tongue and I have yellow patches on the front side of my tonsils as well as a sore throat. I thought maybe I was getting strep. Not uncommon for me to get sick when school lets out. It seems like the pressure and stress lets down and boom I get something. But since I have been on this diet I have been so healthy with no allergies (barely) and feeling great.

I do have mucus in my throat that I did not have before.

I printed off all your words of wisdom and have made a notebook for myself. Something I should have done long ago.

Can’t figure out why this is so messed up.

Again thanks from the bottom of my heart for all that you do for me and so many others. Your wings must be so heavy to carry around. God has such plans for you 🙂

I’ll take my molybdenum tonight and cut way back….load up on the garlic etc. I just don’t want to give up my kefir and yogurt??? Any thoughts…besides CRAZY???

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Jackie2 wrote: For the past week or so I have had a very sore throat. Yesterday I could see yellow patches on the front area of my tonsils and my lymph glands were swollen. The NP wanted to give me a script for antibiotics even though the strep test came back negative. She said I had swollen lymph nodes and wanted to know where she could have my perscription sent to.

Good on you for asking to see the Dr.. Good on the Dr for not instantly prescribing AB’s like so many do. You are steps ahead. Though your story sounds very familiar.

I haven’t seen echinacea talked about in the forum but, it’s a good way to boost the immune system. Same with golden seal if your GI can tolerate it. Garlic is another. High levels of Vit-C to level of GI toleration can really be benefit immune response.

Though, I’m a newbie and NO EXPERT whose only parroting what others have advised me with my own journey.

Jackie2 wrote:
    We shall see. Today my right side of neck is quite swollen. Lymph nodes I would guess. I told husband I was afraid I was getting a huge goiter…when I read about that. Those are caused by lack of iodine…hum…for 8 months I have only had sea salt. Thinking I will cheat on my eggs and put a little bit of regular salt today and see if that helps.

You might check your Muli-V if you take one to see if it’s included. The high potency one I take through my Dr includes iodine. They put iodine in salt as it’s used in every meal and was an easy way to get the masses enough iodine. I doubt cheating only on morning eggs is going to give you much benefit.

Jackie2 wrote:
    I’m of course looking for the worst causes…but when I looked at Mayo Clinic’s web site it sounds more like tonsillitis. Hopefully that is all I have…but I get so darn scared about everything anymore….

It’s understandable to have an increased concern about troubling occurrences once being in the know about Candida. You will drive yourself crazy thinking about all the worst case scenarios. Try to relax until you hear back from the tests (easier said than done). Me=hypocrite; what I need to tell myself over and over again.

Jackie2 wrote:
    Any thoughts on what it might be?

Depending on the condition of your tonsils and where you are at with Candida; it could be tied together or, perhaps not. Interesting your Dr mentioned a GI over an ENT..humph?

The reason I say that is due to the following…..

Long before my GI collapse in 2003, I had what Dr’s thought was re-occurring step throat; white dots on my tonsils and swollen lymph nodes month after month. My Dr.’s would prescribe antibiotics only to have them reappear even stronger in a couple of weeks after a cycle of AB’s. Eventually, I was sent to an ENT who took one look at the tonsils and said they needed to be removed. I did and haven’t had “strep throat” since. (be warned: ENT’s love to remove tonsils)

The ENT explained there were cavities in the tonsils like cavities in teeth which the strep would live in and which antibiotics wouldn’t effect. You’d kill off the outter infection with AB’s only to have the strep living in the cavities seep out again causing another infection (white dots); rinse and repeat.

Looking back now, it’s very possible it was Candida as, no culture was ever performed; nor did anyone advise to take Probiotics after AB’s EVER!! To my recent surprise, strep like candida is a normal part of the GI.

I wish you luck and soothing to your soul in short order, Jackie2. I’d be interested in hearing back about this since it so closely matches what undoubtedly was one of many contributors to my candida overgrowth.

Blessings,
    Flailing

PS – is it just me or would others rather say Candida overgrowth, rather than infection or infestation? Splitting hairs but, society is so biased I wonder what terminology people use outside the forum?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dr. Visit Yesterday’ is closed to new replies.