Dosage on natural antifungals

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Dosage on natural antifungals

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

alwcm4
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 19

I thought it would be helpful if someone who knows a whole lot more about this than me could give their suggested dosage of some of the more common antifungals. I haven’t decided which one’s to use yet, but want to go ahead and buy them this week so I’m ready and was just curious on dosages per day. These are the one’s I’m thinking of using, feel free to chime in with anymore you are using or want to use.

How much of these should I take daily?

Coconut Oil:
    Garlic Capsules:
    Oregano Oil:
    Grapefruit Seed Extract:

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Coconut Oil: start out with one spoonful and move up gradually over time
    Garlic Capsules: eat regular raw garlic
    Oregano Oil: 1 drop a day at first and move up to 3 drops, and more if you want
    Grapefruit Seed Extract: same as oregano oil

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Amanda.

The dosages are below.

Coconut oil: This and the oregano oil are going to be your strongest antifungals. Start the coconut oil at two teaspoons a day, and move up to three spoons the next day. You may or may not receive die-off symptoms from these amounts, so just be prepared. Depending on how you react, you can raise the amount by at least one teaspoon every day or two until you reach the number at which you wish to remain.
    That can be anywhere between 8 and 16 teaspoons, again, depending on your reactions; it’s your decision really.

Oregano Oil: You don’t want to start this one within ten days of starting another antifungal; it’s one of the strongest antifungals against Candida albicans you’ll find. Start with just two drops per day, and raise it by one drop in about two days depending on your reactions. Be prepared for die-off symptoms. You can raise it whenever you feel like you’re ready, but always slowly.

Garlic Capsules: Start with one a day and work your way up to three of four taken with meals.

Grapefruit seed extract: Personally, I wouldn’t waste my money on this one because the Candida will adapt to it in time. But if you want to take it, go by the suggestions on the container.

Able

Rose05
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Hello,

For the Oregano Oil, should you dilute it in a cup of water? One drop per cup, and then just increase the drops per cup as time goes by? I have also heard about diluting it in a carrier oil, unfortunately I don’t understand what can be used as a carrier oil! I can’t imagine eating a tablespoon full of olive oil several times a day!

Thanks!
    ~Rose

joy
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 33

Hi Rose,

i take oil of orgeano and I put 3 drops in about an ounce of water and then just down it like a shot…followed by a glass of water. I do this because it tastes so horrible and I just want to get it over with. Hope this helps!

Able900
    Spectator

Oil of oregano drops can be placed in an empty capsule and taken in this manner which will eliminate the taste. You can get well over 8 drops in one capsule, which is enough for one dose. These empty capsules can be purchased at most pharmacies. Be sure to drink a glass of water after taking the oregano oil.

A carrier oil such as olive oil is needed if it is not already added to your brand of oregano oil. This is simply because pure oregano oil extract is so terribly strong to take straight. Look at you label, it should tell you if there is olive oil added.

Able

Rose05
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Ok, so I should dilute my oregano oil in olive oil even if I am taking it in water or a capsule?

Also, how much olive oil should I use per drop of oregano oil? I understand that I should start with two drops per day and every few days add one more drop…what is the max amount?

Lastly, should I rotate anti-fungals and how often? I will be taking coconut oil and oregano oil so far.

Sorry to keep asking but I want to make sure I am taking the antifungals correctly since they evoke such a strong reaction!

Thanks for the amazing feedback and support!
    ~Rose

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Rose.

Don’t start the coconut oil and oregano oil on the same day. Start the coconut oil first, then wait about ten days and if you’re not experiencing die-off symptoms at that time, start the oregano oil.

When you start the coconut oil, take only one teaspoon after a meal. After a day or two take another spoonful after another meal. Keep adding one teaspoon about every two days depending on the die-off symptoms until you reach the amount you wish to stay with. This can be any amount between 10 and 15 teaspoons.

Be prepared for die-off symptoms, so be sure to start taking Molybdenum a few days before starting this, that is if you’re not already taking it. You can take up to 250 mcg three times a day after each meal.

Did you check the oregano oil that you have to be sure it isn’t already premixed with another type of oil? Actually I don’t think I’ve ever seen a brand that wasn’t premixed with olive oil.

You won’t need to rotate coconut oil and oregano oil because the Candida cannot become immune to either.

Able

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dosage on natural antifungals’ is closed to new replies.