Dont know what to do anymore! Please help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Dont know what to do anymore! Please help!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Dear friends!

First I want to say hello to all of you. This is my first post and I found you searching the net for help as I am in a total mess.

Here is my story.

I am a male 49 years old. When I was 17 I developed an irritating itch around the eyes which hindered me a lot and I had troublesome itching skin around my anus. Even it was unbearable at times still I was too shy to tell my doctor about the anus. So he checked for the eyes and gave me antihistamines. They didnt help. I started to live with my problems but then I developed headaches, and a feeling of being drunk all the time, too.

Now I was about 28 and made my first steps checking out what is wrong with me. At the time I was living in London. I read a book about candida diet back then in the 90´s and wanted to heal myself through it but failed. I felt so poisoned that I could not go on. After I broke the diet, I felt for a while better. Only some years later I had developed pain in my muscles and limps on top of the other symptoms.

I stopped eating rye bread and not eating anything from the onion family and the rheumatic pains disappeared for a while. I tried and tried to heal myself reading about this diet or that and nothing helped. But I too thought that I am not strict enough. Terrible as it was I learned to live with it until I developed something very scary. A vibrating in the entire body which feels like ants running in my body.
    I was very dizzy and cold too. A terrible feeling but not the worst yet.

..But it put me on track to beat it. So I wrote down everything I was eating. I stopped eating wheat, all wheat I mean. I stopped all products from the milk family. I was eating only the candida allowed food, I bought vitamins and minerals from a company watching out for extremely clean supplies. No yeast, sugar or any other stupid stuff.

In the beginning I was loosing a lot of weight. From over 100 kg I am down to 77 kg in 8 month. I started the diet 8 month ago but only with the dropping of the wheat and milk products, then I dropped the coffee, black tea, then I dropped the fruits, the root vegetables. The last month I was eating a very high fat, protein and nearly zero carbohydrate diet. I was feeling a lot better but all the symptoms where still there. A little dizziness all the time, very little itching around the anus, very little problems around the eyes and focus of eyes.

I would have and could have continued wanting to beat candida this time. I am on the point of eating cow dung if it would help me. I am only eating for survival there is nothing left in me asking for pleasure but being healty.

But then it happened:

I woke up in the middle of night with that strange vibration in the body again but this time much much stronger I felt like suffering an earthquake. Then I looked at my hand and was surprised to see that the hand was still and not shaking at all.

Yet I felt the trembling in my body so strong!! The heart felt like it was jumping out of my body but the heart rate was normal.

Then came the worst.

Panic was rolling from the body into my feelings and thoughts and a Panic attack was coming to me. I talked to myself saying: lay still, breath in and out and count. I did this for 4 minutes and then I jolted up from the bed because I felt I was going to die if I stay in bed. I was going up and down, dead tired but at the same time to stressed out to go back to bed. It was terrible, I never experienced such a thing in my life. Next day a residue stayed with me but much softer, the third day it was nearly gone but the fear for it was still there. The following day my wife went to work and i got a full attack again.

I forgot to say that broke the diet when I experienced the panic, vibration attack. I drank pure sugar water, eat bananas and broke the diet after about 9 month.

Then I thought its better to go back to the old problems than the new problems I got trying to fight the candia.

So I was eating normal again for a week but suffered a vibration and panic attack this night again. It felt that my diet made me worse off than before.

The doctors here don’t believe in candia or any other kind of parasites, fungus etc. They only do the standard blood tests and they show normal for me. They dont check of Candida only if my liver is working, etc.

I feel I get nuts. The doctor says there is nothing wrong with me hinting a bit that I am a mental case. But the terrible fact is that I know it comes from my body first. I didn’t expected it, didn’t ask for it and don’t want to hold hands with my doctors. I have no need for that. I am a fighter but I am at the end of my rope because I don’t know any more what to do.

Is here someone who has an idea what I can do or understand what is happening to me?
    What can it be other then candia? When I ask the doctor what that vibrating is in my body and the panic.

He said that it could be adrenalin. But why is my body pushing out adrenalin?
    I asked him why is then adrenalin pushed out and he said, well, you dont know if your body is pushing out adrenalin.

When I ask him if he could test me for an overproduction of Histamin in my blood. He said: One cant test that. I know its not true but he means he is not going to test it. You see here we have the free public doctors, If I want a better service I will have to pay it and its so expensive that its impossible for me.

Please help if you can, sorry for my long letter of suffering.
    I rather would say something positive here and help others but I needed to tell someone.

PS Reading the forum I noticed a lot people have sugar cravings. I never had that.
    I was never dying for sweets and chocolate but I love junk food and fast food with a lot of spices and salt. Does that mean I don’t have candia after all. What is it then I suffer from?

I don’t smoke or drink alcohol either.

thanks
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Thomas, welcome to the forum.

The drunken feeling you described sounds very much like either the Candida infestation or die-off, and so do the following symptoms that you’ve experienced:

muscle pain
    vibrating in the entire body which feels like ants
    dizzy and cold
    general and ongoing itching
    anxiety, stress, and panic attacks

Replies to your questions are below.

Question: “He said that it could be adrenalin. But why is my body pushing out adrenalin?”

Reply: The emotional stress which you’re having during the entire infestation period is producing adrenaline as well as additional hormones; this causes your body to draw the stored oxygen in your body in an attempt to counteract the problem which in turn causes severe oxidation, the results of which are a lowered immune system which causes the infestation to worsen.

Question: “I was never dying for sweets and chocolate but I love junk food and fast food with a lot of spices and salt. Does that mean I don’t have candida after all? What is it then I suffer from?”

Reply: This doesn’t mean you don’t have a Candida albicans infestation. Men will normally not experience the sugar cravings nearly as much as women do. According to the symptoms, I would guess that you have a Candida infestation, if this is not your problem, then the doctor should have been able to discover what the problem was. A Candida infestation is difficult for medical doctors to test and diagnose.

A few questions for you:

Specifically which ‘root vegetables’ did you stop eating?

What was the purpose of drinking pure sugar water? Excessive sugar has been known to set off panic and anxiety attacks.

The only way we’ll know what to tell you is for us to know exactly what you are eating and drinking on a daily basis – or even occasionally. Also we’ll need to know about any supplements, vitamins, or medications you’re presently taking. As far as supplements and vitamins are concerned, we’ll need brand names and/or links to the exact product if possible.

Thanks, Able

Thomas

Able900 wrote: Hello, Thomas, welcome to the forum.

The drunken feeling you described sounds very much like either the Candida infestation or die-off, and so do the following symptoms that you’ve experienced:

muscle pain
    vibrating in the entire body which feels like ants
    dizzy and cold
    general and ongoing itching
    anxiety, stress, and panic attacks

Replies to your questions are below.

Question: “He said that it could be adrenalin. But why is my body pushing out adrenalin?”

Reply: The emotional stress which you’re having during the entire infestation period is producing adrenaline as well as additional hormones; this causes your body to draw the stored oxygen in your body in an attempt to counteract the problem which in turn causes severe oxidation, the results of which are a lowered immune system which causes the infestation to worsen.

Question: “I was never dying for sweets and chocolate but I love junk food and fast food with a lot of spices and salt. Does that mean I don’t have candida after all? What is it then I suffer from?”

Reply: This doesn’t mean you don’t have a Candida albicans infestation. Men will normally not experience the sugar cravings nearly as much as women do. According to the symptoms, I would guess that you have a Candida infestation, if this is not your problem, then the doctor should have been able to discover what the problem was. A Candida infestation is difficult for medical doctors to test and diagnose.

A few questions for you:

Specifically which ‘root vegetables’ did you stop eating?

What was the purpose of drinking pure sugar water? Excessive sugar has been known to set off panic and anxiety attacks.

The only way we’ll know what to tell you is for us to know exactly what you are eating and drinking on a daily basis – or even occasionally. Also we’ll need to know about any supplements, vitamins, or medications you’re presently taking. As far as supplements and vitamins are concerned, we’ll need brand names and/or links to the exact product if possible.

Thanks, Able

Dear Able, I have to thank you that you answer me. One feels so terrible alone! Thank you. Here comes my list and my answers.

I was mainly living of Buckwheat bread I made myself out of water, olive oil and salt. Then I was eating that with Cucumber. I was eating a lot of eggs, avocado, different sorts of fish, haddock, red salmon, European plaice, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_plaiceI was eating moose, deer meat, lam and cow. No pig meat.
    I was eating a lot of squash. In the beginning I had ris, potatoes, French fries, sweet potato and carrots, parsnip, Slowly but surly I stopped with the root fruits because my symptoms got better but they didn’t vanished. So I was more and more extreme with the died. I was not hungry at all and could easily be without food for half a day. I would eat 3 steaked eggs and drink hot water and eat all my vitamins and minerals around 6.00 in the morning. Then at 13.00 I would eat two avocados with olive oil and eat a fish, lam or something from my list.

Sometimes I tested to eat nuts to my diet but later I read that’s not so good. I warmed them in the oven for 10 minutes to kill bacteria. Later I cut them totally from the diet.

As I am not from the states I hope you will anyhow understand the brands.

The company I use is from Helhetshälsa they too have a page in English:
    http://www.helhetshalsa.se/en/home/

I am using their C-vitamin
    Kaprylsyra
    Magnesium
    Selen
    B-vitamin
    zink
    En multivitamin from Alpha Plus
    this too comes from a company looking out not to have additives
    thats in the mulitivitamin:

Innehåller: Dikalciumfosfat, magnesiumcitrat, fyllnadsmedel (mikrokristallint cellulosa, hydroxipropylmetylcellulosa, hydroxipropylcellulosa), kaliumglukonat, kalciumaskorbat, klumpförebyggande medel (trikalciumfosfat), ytbehandlingsmedel (stearinsyra, magnesiumstearat, glycerol, karnuabavax), d-alfa-tokoferylacetat, stabiliseringsmedel (tvärbunden natriumkarboximetylcellulosa, kiseldioxid), kisel (åkerfräken), magnesiumoxid, citrus bioflavonid komplex, cyanokobalamin, kolinbitartrat, blandande tokoferoler, zinkcitrtat, pumpakärnextrakt, kalcium-d-pantotenat, inositol, betainhydroklorid, betakaroten, niacinamid, selenometionin, bromelain, lykopenextrakt, tiaminhydroklorid, pyridoxinhydroklorid, kopparbisglycinat, manganbisglycinat, riboflavin, natriumborat, kolekalciferol, retinylacetat, färgämne (klorofyllinkopparkomplex), krompikolinat, pteroylmonoglutaminsyra, natriummolybdat, kaliumjodid, d-biotin.

I hope you understand it I was not running it through google translate.

The drinking of sugar water happened in me being out of control in total panic. As I wrote in my post, I woke in the middle of night and thought I was dying, it was very scary and the worst I had it three times after, last night in a mild form again. I never had that in my life and I am not a mental case but I rushed into the kitchen and thought that I need to get my sugar up. I felt like a diabetic having a chock, I read that they need quickly sugar or the get unconscious. So the first thing I did in my panic after 8 to 9 month without sugar, was eating two bananas, then when this didnt help. I was fixing a dring with warm water and had two teespoon of sugar, it didnt help, after a half our I was drinking again the sugar water. I was in total panic and thought, I want to go back to the way I was before. No matter the itching but not THAT. …..Then I was eating an apple and bread and cheese. Now after a week of total diet breakdown, I still got a feeling of adrenalin playing harvoc with my life. But I am not in panic but it feels standing around the corner. I am afraid to go to sleep and kept for the first 3 days sugar water near to me.

I know this must feel strange but if you went through that night with me you understand that I broke after that long and clean diet.

thank you for listening to my long post.

PS I forgot I have too: Garden of Life Olde Worl Icelandic Cod Liver Oil (Lemon mint flavor) I take a teaspoon daily.
    http://www.crohns.net/page/C/PROD/GAN7000

Forgot another thing: I was drinking Pau d’arco tee and made myself a drink from one glass water and 6 drops of Tea Tree oil. its 100 percent eterisk oil from the australien tree Melaleuca altemifolia.

all the best to you
    yours
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Thomas,

I had these same symptoms/problems as well and I went to the hospital because they were so bad(they did nothing). There are a few things that could possibly be happening, and I will tell what they may be based on my own experience.

1)The earthquake thing you are mentioning sounds very much like seizures. I once had them too because my candida/health was so bad. One night I woke up and thought I was in an earthquake, I ran out of my bed ran to the ground wimpering of freight. I felt pathetic and scared (no earthquake of course). It was me having a seizure. If you don’t address this, it could be very serious; you may want to consult a doctor. Or you can tough it out and try to improve your life/health on your own; your call.

Question #1: Do you have any kind of toxic mold problems in your apartment or large amounts of dust? I personally had a mold problem (very light amount) and it caused seizures. Once I moved, and freed myself of dust/mold, I stopped having them. Do you feel good when not in apartment?

2)The panic attack thing you are mentioning sounds very similar to hyperventilation; your body isn’t getting enough oxygen. You feel dizzy, experience tremors, etc. This causes you to freak out, further causing more symptoms.

Please look up hyperventilation and seizures to see whether you are having these symptoms. A good immediate way to balance your bodies ph/oxygen level is to drink some baking soda in water. This will help with the panic attack and symptoms you may experience with hyperventilation. Lemon also works (in water). These are for immediate results; long term use could pose problems.

It sounds like your body is very unhealthy right now in general. You are going to have to approach the healing of your body on a number of fronts. You may want to consult a naturopathic or holistic doctor for advice on how to get better, because your body is at a critical point right now. I think your problems may go beyond candida in other words…the infestation of candida is definitely a strong part of what is effecting your body.

I purchased an air purifier when I was having the seizures and it definitely helped me get more oxygen and alleviated the symptoms. While I am not saying that you should do the same, its just something to consider.

You going to be on the road to recovery for awhile, but starting with the candida diet is a good plan.

Do you have ressless leg syndrome? Has your wife watched you as you slept recently?

What are you currently eating in your diet? What vitamins/supplements are you taking other than the multivitamin?

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Thomas.

Quote: “Then I was eating an apple and bread and cheese. Now after a week of total diet breakdown, I still got a feeling of adrenalin playing harvoc with my life. But I am not in panic but it feels standing around the corner. I am afraid to go to sleep and kept for the first 3 days sugar water near to me.
    I know this must feel strange but if you went through that night with me you understand that I broke after that long and clean diet.”

Reply: Do you have diabetes? You didn’t mention it if you do, so I’m going to assume that you’re not a diabetic.
    What you need to understand is that your anxiety and panic attacks do not come from a lack of sugar, but from the fact that you are suffering from a full-body infestation of Candida albicans. Eating or drinking sugar is not going to help you at all, but only make symptoms worse as time goes by. Instead of sugar, for the time being concentrate on your breathing; deep breaths but not to the point of it being a strain, simple inhaling and exhaling deeply and slowly. Concentrate on your breathing and not what you’re experiencing. I’d like for you to purchase a bottle of 5-HTTP and take three capsules a day, morning, noon, and just before bedtime. Amazon.uk has these available. http://www.amazon.co.uk/5-HTP-100mg-Quick-Release-Capsules/dp/B005AG62ME/ref=sr_1_5?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1320007749&sr=1-5
    If you can obtain these from someplace else which would be more convenient for you, this is fine, but whatever brand you find, be sure to get the 100 mg capsules. This should help you sleep. In addition, you can purchase a supplement called Methylsulfonylmethane, known as MSM on the open market. Get the 100 mg size and you can take up to four a day. This will help with the panic attacks as well as depression. You should get these as soon as possible to relieve the attacks and the constant feeling that you’re about to experience one.
    This is going to sound silly, but there’s a scientific reason for it; when you feel an attack approaching, whistle a song with which you’re familiar. The act of whistling will force you to breathe normally, therefore correcting the O2/CO2 imbalance.

I found a way to translate the ingredients in the multivitamin, and it seems fine.
    If you can avoid the intake of more sugar or carbohydrates, and do what we suggest on the forum, I believe we can at the very least get you on the correct path to a recovery.

Meat Protein:
    It appears that you eat an awful lot of animal meats, which means your body is digesting a lot of animal protein. A byproduct of animal protein metabolism is ammonia which is toxic to the body, and it creates an added workload for the liver which is already overworked by the Candida toxins which included additional ammonia. This is saying that Candida albicans create ammonia gases on their own which is environmentally safe for the Candida. In other words, ammonia is a benefit to the environment as far as making it more hospitable for Candida albicans to thieve. Every time you eat an animal product, you create this ammonia which poisons your liver and body in general. The higher the protein content, the more ammonia is created. Because of their protein, eggs are not nearly as bad, so I would try to eat organic eggs more often and fish or fowl a few times a week. I would leave any type of beef alone for at least two months of the diet.

Able

Thomas

Question #1: Do you have any kind of toxic mold problems in your apartment or large amounts of dust? I personally had a mold problem (very light amount) and it caused seizures. Once I moved, and freed myself of dust/mold, I stopped having them. Do you feel good when not in apartment?

No, I dont think that is a problem. I living in my house for over 4 years now. I feel good in the house.

2)The panic attack thing you are mentioning sounds very similar to hyperventilation; your body isn’t getting enough oxygen. You feel dizzy, experience tremors, etc. This causes you to freak out, further causing more symptoms.

I watched it coming from my body, and it expressed itself in a feeling of claustrophobia. Maybe I expressed my self wrong with the picture of the earthquake. I am not in a country where we have them so I should not use a picture like that. I try it with another picture. It felt like my blood was boiling or bubbling. A soft version of that is the sensation of running ants under the skin. But this was much much stronger. The fear came when I started to think that I destroyed now my body and I am in deep trouble now. Like I was bound to a crazy horse running off with me and I wanted of that body.

Please look up hyperventilation and seizures to see whether you are having these symptoms. A good immediate way to balance your bodies ph/oxygen level is to drink some baking soda in water. This will help with the panic attack and symptoms you may experience with hyperventilation. Lemon also works (in water). These are for immediate results; long term use could pose problems.

thank you I will look into that and test it. I didnt hyperventilate as I forced myself to breath in and count and breath out and count. But the cloustrophic feeling got the better of me and I jumped out of bed and stressed around. Trying to get rid of the bubbling feeling in my body through movement and breaking the diet.

Do you have ressless leg syndrome? Has your wife watched you as you slept recently?

I have that very seldom only when I feel stressed. I snore a little and I am a mouth breather. I am trying to stay concious about my breathing wanting to learn to take air through my nose instead.

What are you currently eating in your diet? What vitamins/supplements are you taking other than the multivitamin?

only these and the multivitamin:
    I am using their C-vitamin
    Kaprylsyra
    Magnesium
    Selen
    B-vitamin
    zink

then I am taking code liver oil too.

thank you for everything Raster!
    yours
    Thomas

Thomas

Reply: Do you have diabetes? You didn’t mention it if you do, so I’m going to assume that you’re not a diabetic.

No, not that I know of. The doctor was running the standard blood test with me and didnt find anything so far. I feel its soon over with him as he is unwilling to test more. 😉 I guess he would have found diabetes. I think I am rather Hypoglycemic. I was all my life dizzy and short of energy, low blood pressure etc.

Thank you Able for all your pointers and help. I was eating a lot of meat that is right. Thanks for the info on that. I was following another candida diet which was in favour of meat and fat. I gave up on that diet and follow your diet now.

thankfully yours
    Thomas

raster
    Participant

Hello Thomas,

I think the main way to cure yourself is through the diet. I am wondering what you were eating previously and what you will eat now with the candida diet?

I think the symptoms you mentioned sound very much like severe candida reactions; sometimes the hyperventilation can cause tremors and other “boiling” like symptoms. Or it can simply just be an allergic reaction to the foods you are eating (in your sleep). Next time it happens, try the baking soda in water trick and it may help.

I wish you luck on the diet and your recovery. You will want to consider more/different supplements in time, but for now, just focus on getting better.

-Raster

Thomas

raster wrote: Hello Thomas,

I think the main way to cure yourself is through the diet. I am wondering what you were eating previously and what you will eat now with the candida diet?

I think the symptoms you mentioned sound very much like severe candida reactions; sometimes the hyperventilation can cause tremors and other “boiling” like symptoms. Or it can simply just be an allergic reaction to the foods you are eating (in your sleep). Next time it happens, try the baking soda in water trick and it may help.

I wish you luck on the diet and your recovery. You will want to consider more/different supplements in time, but for now, just focus on getting better.

-Raster

Hi Raster,
    I read your story and boy I have to tell you that you had it worse than me. I am sure I will be doing fine following the diet here in the forum. I am back on the diet now for 2 days and I feel much better. You wondered what I was eaten before that night.
    I wrote everything down here it comes:

In the morning 7:15 2x fried eggs with olive oil
    12:30 3X fishfile white fish, salt (Himalayas), Olive oil
    15:15 2x fried eggs olive oil
    16:15 1 fried chicken file
    17:20 Scrimps and self-made mayonnaise, egg, olive oil, citrone
    23:00 French fries and two hamburgers (only the meat, and salt)

at 4:00 the attack happens and then at 5:00 clock I broke the diet with everything I wrote you before. Now I am back to the diet but not eating so much meat.

all the best to you
    Thomas

raster
    Participant

Hello Thomas,

I would alter your diet slightly if your serious about getting better. Please view this post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postmessage.aspx?t=1209&f=2

I would consider not eating the beef and switch to seafood/chicken only if possible. Also, the potatoes contain small amounts of sugar/starch which is best to be saved for a later phase of the diet. I would eat as much veggies as possible.

If you experience major die-off during the diet (first 2 weeks); you will typically feel really ill. If you wanted, try molybdenum after a week or two. A week after that I would then add a probiotic (this will be the most important thing you will need to get your body healed). There are more supplements/vitamins you can take, but for now these would be the most important to focus on.

-Raster

Thomas

raster wrote: Hello Thomas,

I would alter your diet slightly if your serious about getting better. Please view this post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postmessage.aspx?t=1209&f=2

I would consider not eating the beef and switch to seafood/chicken only if possible. Also, the potatoes contain small amounts of sugar/starch which is best to be saved for a later phase of the diet. I would eat as much veggies as possible.

If you experience major die-off during the diet (first 2 weeks); you will typically feel really ill. If you wanted, try molybdenum after a week or two. A week after that I would then add a probiotic (this will be the most important thing you will need to get your body healed). There are more supplements/vitamins you can take, but for now these would be the most important to focus on.

-Raster

thank you Raster, I already started to take the meat away and focus on eggs, veggies and fish. I will have a hard time getting all the stuff needed as I live in the north of Sweden. Its much like Alaska here, so this is meat area and 9 month of snow and not much people living here who love veggies. I love veggies but they are not so easy to find in the shops here, its mostly tomatoes, cucumbers and and a salad they call ice salad, the same stuff they put of McDonalds Hamburgers. This crispy not tasting anything salad.

Thank you for all the help. I have problems with the link, when I click on it I get to this my own Thread here.

yours
    Thomas

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dont know what to do anymore! Please help!’ is closed to new replies.