Done everything, but stuck. Help appreciated!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Done everything, but stuck. Help appreciated!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  BeccaJR 5 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

ryandquinley
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hello everyone, I would love some help with figuring out my situation. I am 22 years old, and I have been on the Candida diet, anti fungals, and probiotics for 2 1/2 months now. Growing up, especially through middle school and high school, I had countless antibiotics prescribed for ear infections, etc. When I came across the symptom list for a candida overgrowth, I was pretty sure that I had found the root cause of many problems. I am getting desperate now, however. I have been so diligent over the last almost 3 months with the diet and anti fungals. I weighed 250 pounds, and I am now down to 190 in just this short time. I have increased the amount of food that I am eating, but I can’t do this for too much longer. My symptoms are pretty much staying constant now too. Most have improved some, but my tongue, for example, is much worse. Is this a visible reflection of the candida still in my body? Any other suggestions? Here is a detailed list of all that I have done so far:

Original Symptoms and current state:
    – Strong cravings for carbs and sugars (Much better than at start of diet)
    -Bloating (Used to be every morning, now one to three times a week)
    -Nail fungus on one toe (after years of this it looks a lot better, but still present)
    -Oral Thrush (Much worse now than before diet)
    -Cracked Tongue (Worse now than before diet)
    -Irritated skin around nose with small white dots that I can rub off everyday (still irritated and very sensitive, white dots present very couple of days)
    -Chronic congestion (Just as stopped up as ever… even when on Claritin D)
    -Brain fog, trouble concentrating (I think I have seen decent improvement here)
    -Anxiety (Getting better, but still occasional anxiety without “cause”)

Die off Symptoms:
    After a few weeks of the diet, anti fungals, and probiotics listed below, I experienced pretty “die off symptoms.” Besides some of the above symptoms getting significantly worse, I got huge rashes on my neck and chest that would last for a few hours. All of the symptoms eventually died down and are now at the current state listed above. As the die off symptoms went away, I increased the amount of the supplements that I was taking. Now, I am up to the amounts listed below. Also, since starting the diet, there have been white specks throughout my stool. I still don’t know what that is about…

Diet – January 3rd – Present:
    Mainly Chicken, green beans, broccoli, lettuce, eggs, turkey, some beef, pecans, No sugar, no carbs (outside of the small amount in these foods). I literally havant “cheated” once.

Anti fungals:
    Candida Support (Biotin, Magnesium, Caprylic Acid, Pau D’Arco, Black Walnut, Oregano Powder, Cat’s Claw Root, Wormwood Herb) – I have doubled original dose.

Caprylic Acid – Now at 2,400mg daily

Garlic supplement – Now at around 8,000 mg daily

Cinnamon – 4,000mg daily

Enzymes (February 25th to present):
    CandiZYME (Protease SmartZYME, Cellulase SmartZYME, Hemicellulase, Lysozyme, Amylase SmartZYME, Invertase, Lactase, Malt Diastase, Lipase SmartZYME, Glucoamylase) – Doubled suggested dose.

Serrapeptase – 1,000mg daily

Nattokinase – 4,000 FU daily.

Probiotics:
    Healthy Origins 30 Billion Probiotic:
    Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14) 12 Billion CFU’s
Bifdobacterium lactis (Bl-04) 12 Billion CFU’s 
Lactobacillus casei (Lo-11) 1 Billion CFU’s 
Bifdobacillus breve (Bb-03) 1 Billion CFU’s 
Lactobacillus salivarius (Ls-33) 1 Billion CFU’s 
Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115) 1 Billion CFU’s 
Bifdobacillus longum (Bl-05) 1 Billion CFU’s
Bifdobacillus rhamnosus (Lr-32) 1 Billion CFU’s
    (I am now up to taking this amount times 4 every day)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

So you don’t have a detox plan and this is maybe the most important part of any plan to get over candida overgrowth.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

If you don’t detox, the toxins will remain in the body and recirculate in the body, making you feel worse typically.

You are also taking loads of antifungals…all these do is kill the yeast. You can kill the yeast over and over and over but its not going to get you better faster unfortunately…

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4662_Rotating-Antifungals–Why-we-SHOULDNT-do-it.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8180_Doing-too-much-too-fast.aspx

The enzymes break down the foods you eat, but don’t really destroy candida that quickly. For the enzymes, I would take one capsule per each meal. Doubling the doseage won’t get you better faster.

For your diet I would remove beef and turkey because these promote constipation. Beef takes 2+ days to digest whereas chicken and fish take hours to digest. You need to eat more vegetables and would consider juicing them or making salads with more stuff. For a good salad dressing, I recommend checking out the annie’s brand ones because they are low in sugar and some are made with apple cidar vinegar (good for the diet).

I’d also consider starting to bake the breads…you can make all sorts of stuff including muffins, bars, etc. The teff bread can be made in a variety of recipes too and you can even make a “wrap or tortilla” with teff…they use teff in nigerian food.

My suggestions:

-Get some detox products including milk thistle, etc. (liver cleansing herbs). Try out the other detox methods including acupuncture, sauna, hot tub, etc.
    -Reduce antifungal and probiotic doseage…won’t get you better faster.
    -Consider other enzyme, probiotic, and antifungals down the road. I suggest looking at SF722 undecenoic acid, pro-gest enzymes, and HMF neuro or megaflora probiotics.
    -If you truly want to get better faster and can afford it, go to a naturopathic doctor who can give you a treatment plan and sound advice.

-raster

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Like raster said, detoxing is a huge part of getting overgrowth under control.

Not only is it good for getting rid of the toxins from antifungals and die off, but you may see many other things come into balance that you werent expecting.

The good thing about finding a naturopath is that someone else will be logging your progress incase some things work better than others…and when we have overgrowth with brain-fog and anxiety, this can be a great support.

ryandquinley
    Replies: 2

Thanks for the advice! I will look into the detox products and look for a good doctor in the area.

There are a few things that I am still confused about. What do you mean by “you can kill the yeast over and over again?” Once it is dead, is it not dead? When I was experiencing bad die off symptoms, I went to the sauna twice a day on average. This helped significantly in regards to the symptoms. Now, I am more of stuck on the symptoms like oral thrush, etc, that still aren’t cleared up. Starting out, I took the recommend dosage of anti fungals and probiotics. Then, when the bad die off symptoms came and went, I slowly started increasing the dosage in hopes of killing off the stronger colonies. Since i’m not having the extreme die off symptoms now, should I still lower the dosage?

Also, the enzymes that I am taking are from renew life, and they are apparently designed to eat away at the biofilm that candida can form. Its instructions are to take them 2 hours before a meal, so that it doesn’t digest the food I eat instead. Would you recommend getting some that do digest the food as well?

Thanks again!
    Ryan

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hmm, I would follow the instructions on your digestive enzymes then; I haven’t heard of ones you don’t take with meals.

The oral thrush is going to be a long term symptom and it takes many many months for it to go away and/or reduce completely. For temporary relief, you might want to do some oil pulling.

The yeast doesn’t stay at the same levels throughout your treatment…its going go decrease and increase in levels depending on how good your digestion is and other factors. So if you kill it a bunch one day and then get constipated the next…it might not be any net change in the yeast numbers. Its going to come back with strength from my experience; you slowly have to erode it away over time.

There are also a variety of causes for yeast, and unless you address them, then these are going to contribute to the problem persistently until they are addressed. Examples can include heavy metals, acidosis, allergies, thyroid problems, not enough beneficial gut flora, liver not detoxing properly, vitamin deficiencies, pH, methylation, oxygenation, specific organs not working properly, etc.

-raster

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Candidase by Enzymetica says to take 1 hour before eating, or two hours after. I think it just depends on the enzyme profile in the mixture you choose.
    I stopped taking mine because the profile was super simple, just cellulase and protease, which didnt seem to dent it one way or another, but in fairness I didnt give it a good try.

BeccaJR
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 19

I’ve also had white specks in my stool. After researching on CureZone apparently that’s normal if you’re taking herbs and supplements which may eliminate parasites (tapeworms) and you are (wormwood, garlic, black walnut, etc). Apparently when a tapeworm dies, it usually come out in your stool looking like rice. Is that what is looks like?

I don’t know how sensitive you are or what your overall health is like but just think about building up your body. Make sure your bowel movements are normal (minimum 1 a day, but optimally more), you’re already drinking lots of water and you overall feel relatively OK.

I’ve tried to detox many times before (before starting the Anti-Candida Diet, but was feeling healthier than I am now)and got really really sick because my body wasn’t ready for it. This time I’m starting with the digestive system prepping and going to do IV therapy with vitamins and minerals (due to low absorption) before detoxing.

Detoxing puts a lot of stress on your body and demands a high amount of energy (calories needed). Make sure your body has the resources to detox appropriately. Detoxing is a must in the end though.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

ryandquinley;55380 wrote: Thanks for the advice! I will look into the detox products and look for a good doctor in the area.

There are a few things that I am still confused about. What do you mean by “you can kill the yeast over and over again?” Once it is dead, is it not dead? When I was experiencing bad die off symptoms, I went to the sauna twice a day on average. This helped significantly in regards to the symptoms. Now, I am more of stuck on the symptoms like oral thrush, etc, that still aren’t cleared up. Starting out, I took the recommend dosage of anti fungals and probiotics. Then, when the bad die off symptoms came and went, I slowly started increasing the dosage in hopes of killing off the stronger colonies. Since i’m not having the extreme die off symptoms now, should I still lower the dosage?

Also, the enzymes that I am taking are from renew life, and they are apparently designed to eat away at the biofilm that candida can form. Its instructions are to take them 2 hours before a meal, so that it doesn’t digest the food I eat instead. Would you recommend getting some that do digest the food as well?

Thanks again!
    Ryan

Those are systemic enzymes and not digestive enzymes. They recommend taking them away from food because if you took them with food it would just digest the food and be used up.

Look into digestive enzymes that you take WITH food, it should contain lipase amylase protease among other things.

By the way I highly recommend getting genetic profile either from 23andme.com or your doctor.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Do you have any amalgam fillings? Eat a high-fish diet?

I 2nd Tdogg’s suggestion regarding getting a 23andme test done.

BeccaJR

What would you gain from the genetic profile? It looked interesting however it seemed to look more into ancestry than anything else.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

BeccaJR;55429 wrote: What would you gain from the genetic profile? It looked interesting however it seemed to look more into ancestry than anything else.

Knowing which genetic mutations you have can be beneficial in many ways. For instance, I have a mutation in the CBS gene. This means I have an upregulation in my trans-sulfuration pathway and do not tolerate sulphur foods well. By avoiding sulphur foods I have enjoyed a tremendous leap in the quality of my health that would not have been possible otherwise.

A genetic test such as 23andme’s will allow you to determine which genetic mutations you have along the key biochemical pathway known as the methylation cycle. Many people on this forum likely have problems along this pathway. In fact, many people with chronic fatigue like disorders, digestive disturbances, and even children with autism are recovering by addressing this specific pathway.

For a relatively brief overview check out this video series:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4uqEDK6BvM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZXKNYSXBCs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhclZ-8XxnQ&feature=youtu.be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh1ea-q8nu8&feature=youtu.be

For a much more comprehensive overview check out these resources:
    http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm
    http://howirecovered.com/understanding-methylation/
    http://howirecovered.com/active-b12-therapy-faq/

Jessgentry26
    Replies: 27

Hey everyone just wanted to share my story and maybe get some help.
    Im currently 20 years old and am battling limes disease, leaky gut, dysbiotic flora, as well as candida overgrowth. It seems that the candida constantly comes back when i get it under control and I can no longer control cravings I feel so hopeless. I have been on countless anti fungals and my diet was SUPER strict… would have veggies and fish and eggs thats it. For months on end. When i would try something new i would get bloating CONSTANTLY and everything would be back. today i had a huge sugar spiral but its weird because I’m always starting out craving fats and then those fat cravings turn to sugar then all hell breaks loose. I really fucked up today with diet but i’ve been on it for so long now and my weight has dropped so low i feel deprived all the time so i don’t know what to do. I’m beginning to think this isn’t just candida but may be something else too? we have done colonoscopy endoscopy everything under the sun… all looks normal. I didn’t even test positive for candida in my stool test (i was already on anti funglas at the time) but we are going to re do the stool test. I also am wondering if anyone knows if parasites can be unseen if you are on antifungals? Simply because i tested negative for parasites as well. It just doesn’t make sense, I feel like i am resistant to all anti fungals and when I do binge eat i don’t gain any weight. Granted i get SUPER bloated and occasionally throw up (no this is no bulimia, i promise) but other than that if i go right back on my diet I go right back down to a super low weight. I can’t even tolerate nuts even though i have been allergy tested. I guess what i am trying to say is HELP! Doctor recommendation, advice, support, anything is appreciated.

shit I’m currently taking: natural anti fungal (has oregano, garlic, etc) coconut oil, magnesium, serpeptase, cowmen protocol for lyme (herbal based) that has detox included (STILL SUPER CONSTIPATED THOUGH probiotics and prebiotics (sachro boulardii)

someone please answer… thank you for your time and for reading this.
    wishing you nothing but good health

BeccaJR

Thank you Thomas Joel for taking your time to answer my question. Really thorough. When looking on the site it seemed more like ancestry than anything, I suppose that’s just a part of what they do. Definitely will consider the testing. Thank you.

Jess, I’m sorry to hear about what you are struggling with. Although I am new to this site and the Candida diet I am not new to digestive issues. With Celiacs, leaky gut and liver/gallbladder sluggishness it feels as though I’ve experienced the myriad of symptoms associated with digestive disturbances.

The anti-fungals might be less effective if you’re constipated because then you are unable to expel any of the toxins from your system. If I go a day without a bowel movement, or even an insufficient one my symptoms come back or worsen. Sauerkraut has been a life saver when constipated for me. Herbs which have been useful during constipation include aloe vera juice and slippery elm bark. Magnesium is also helpful because it increases bowel hydration. A product which has all three and has been very helpful for me is CleanseMORE by Renew Life. Here’s an information sheet regarding the product. Always research the herbs you would consider taking to make sure they are right for you.

Testing for parasites I’ve heard is really hard to pinpoint because there are so many and the key to their success is not being spotted so they won’t always show up in the stool. It’s safe to say almost everyone has parasites. A statistic which I have read (unfortunately don’t have or remember the source, my apologies) is that about 9 in 10 people have a parasite.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Done everything, but stuck. Help appreciated!’ is closed to new replies.