Does your family also follow the candida diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Does your family also follow the candida diet?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

For those of you that are married or have kids does your family eat healthy as well? I’ve been on the diet for a little over a month now. My wife tries but still eats a lot of stuff that’s not allowed but my 13 y/o daughter constantly craves sweets. I feel its my fault because we raised her that way and now her body wants this type of food. When I try to talk to her about eating healthy she doesn’t want to hear it at all.

I try to explain to her what eating junk did for me and that I don’t want her to have to go through the same thing. Not to mention its kinda hard to eat coconut bread when your daughter is smacking on a candy bar 5 feet away lol.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

89Mirageman wrote: For those of you that are married or have kids does your family eat healthy as well? I’ve been on the diet for a little over a month now. My wife tries but still eats a lot of stuff that’s not allowed but my 13 y/o daughter constantly craves sweets. I feel its my fault because we raised her that way and now her body wants this type of food. When I try to talk to her about eating healthy she doesn’t want to hear it at all.

I try to explain to her what eating junk did for me and that I don’t want her to have to go through the same thing. Not to mention its kinda hard to eat coconut bread when your daughter is smacking on a candy bar 5 feet away lol.

Hi,
    I have a wife and 3 kids. Its only me who is on the diet but I still cook for the family. Most of the time I cook and eat something quickly before I start cooking for them so I don’t suffer.

I thought that the battle is hard enough than I try to change other people. I choose my battles. 🙂 Then I am healed and full of energy again I take it up to help those who want help. Its important I believe not to make a religion out of our problem and diet, like we would need other people.

all the best
    thomas

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi Mirageman… I cook for my husband and 4 kids and some evenings we have 6 different meals!! Baby mush, 2 toddlers (one is a coeliac), a fussy teen… and a 20 stone rugby player who loves his carbs! There’s no way I could or would expect them to go on this diet, as it’s so limiting… and also because whole food groups are avoided I don’t think it would be wise for active children or teens to be on it?

On the other hand… since I’ve become so focussed on what is in food and where it comes from, I’ve naturally started cooking far healthier food for the rest of the clan! Organic meat & veg can be 3 or 4 times the price here so I usually keep the bulk of that for myself and give the rest “Free range” or “farm fresh” and source locally where possible.

What I do a lot of nights is roast an organic chicken and then do homemade oven chips and steam some peas, brocolli & carrots for the 3 younger kids… meanwhile I slow roast loads of “allowed” mixed veg for myself, teen & hubbie (and a couple jacket potatoes for them)and then steam some greens like brocolli/ spinach last minute. The plates end up looking quite different but it just different portions of the same food (i.e. my plate is mostly veg, hubby is mainly spuds!). I also save some plain chicken juices for myself and dolly up the rest of the gravy with some granules for the rest.

Other nights I do loads of mixed roast & steamed veg and then grill a few chops (lamb, pork, duck) for hubby & teen.

Lucylu

Could I just add… I would love love love my hubby to eat far healthier than he does. He loves burgers, pizzas, fries… and after I’ve given him a big healthy dinner (and they are damn tasty dinners even though I say so myself!!) he makes a cup of tea and tucks into the choccie bickies!! But he knows he doesn’t eat healthily, he knows he has about 3 stone to lose, and he knows his own father & uncle dropped dead at 50 yrs old… but he still does it. My own brother is the same, very bad eating habits…

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

My thoughts exactly Lucy, I see them eating the very things that made me so sick and it really bothers me. I agree, I wouldn’t dare ask them to join me on the diet but to eat healthier is a different story. Just like last night my daughter went to stay with my mother and they come home today with a box of little debbie creme pies. I just can’t stand to watch her eat junk but it seems like I am the only one that is bothered by it. My mother is probably 50 pounds over weight and always talks about how bad she feels and never has any energy. As soon as I mention a diet she changes the subject. Its like others want the benefits without having to do the work and that just doesn’t happen.

theresa49638
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 27

My Husband has always ate so much better than me, he has been yelling at me for long time, that one day it will catch up with me. Oh He was right. So he eats what I eat but still that is much more good foods than I will eat now but I am trying. Just the other day he had fresh artichokes Yuck. Our daughter is married and has kids and they are not aloud any food with sugar at all. People thinks she is so mean, so they sneak the kids sugar when my daughter is not around.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My gf was really into healthy eating; however I was the opposite. This lead me to get really ill and have candida. If I ate her diet a long time ago, I wouldnt be here, lol.

Lucylu

I’m not sure we can do that much except set a good example and cook as healthily as possible for our families. Also I try and have as much healthy stuff and jsut very plain cookies/ crisps in so the rest of the gang aren’t as tempted! Hubby is very sensitive about his weight and there is no way I would nag him about it or his eating habits. Nagging does nothing except make the other person feel bad… and then dig their heels in!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Does your family also follow the candida diet?’ is closed to new replies.