Does this sound like candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Does this sound like candida?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Blakely
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 11

Hi everyone,
    I’m a bit new to this world so I don’t know much about candida. I would really really appreciate someone taking the time to read this and give me some perspective because I’m honestly at the end of my rope and don’t know what else to do.
    So, I’m a 22 year old female and I’ve taken vyvanse (ADHD medicine) for the last 3 years of my life and drank caffeine religiously for the last 3 years. In January of this year, I started abusing alcohol really badly and noticed an awful tingly headache for days after drinking. Eventually it subsided. I stopped drinking in March. In May of this year, I went out drinking with some friends and two days later I took my vyvanse and drank caffeine. I felt AWFUL. It felt like my brain was sitting in burning chemicals. Then it was just an awful headache that lasted from the second I woke up til the second I went to sleep. There has not been a single day in the past 5 months where I haven’t had this feeling. I’ve seen 3 neurologists and 2 doctors and have tried 13 different migraine medicines. I don’t think this is a migraine, because it’s literally lasted 5 months without respite. The headache is worse when I try to drink coffee or take vyvanse. It’s worse when I try to perform activities such as drive or go to the grocery store. It’s only bearable when I’m sitting on the couch or in my bed. The headache is so bad that I dropped out of school and am living at home hoping my life gets better. I have also tried a chiropracter and acupuncturist with no results.

My friend suggested I could be suffering candidiasis. I am always congested in my ears and sinuses. Always. And occasionally I have extremely bad joint pains where I can’t really move. I also always feel exhausted no matter how much I sleep. Also, I have noticed my vision seems blurred and out of focus (I already wear glasses) and I see floaters constantly. I also have a weird, metallic or sweet taste in my mouth lately.

I’ve been on the candida diet and probiotic a week and all I’ve noticed is heart palpitations and severe diarrhea. I also included a picture of my tongue that seems pretty white. Does this sound like candida? Could it be causing this head pain?

OH and I haven’t taken any birth control or antibiotics in the past 6 years.

]Tongue[/url]

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you want diagnosis, I would take the candia5 test which is pretty inexpensive. As far as the headache symptom you have, it sounds like brain fog. In general it sounds like this is directly related to inflammation of the gut and/or histamine problems. If you got your histamine levels checked out it would indicate allergies most likely.

Inflammation of the gut can cause inflammation of the brain and a good way to get rid of headaches is to reduce the inflammation. You can do this with anti-inflammatory foods and supplements. A good cheap one is flax oil. (fermented) cod liver oil is also highly anti-inflammatory.

-raster

Blakely
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 11

Thanks so much raster. I just did a stool sample for a nutritionist testing for candida and should get the results back in 3 weeks. I also got allergy tested and they said I was allergic to everything under the sun. But I think there’s something more going on.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Blakely;60245 wrote: Thanks so much raster. I just did a stool sample for a nutritionist testing for candida and should get the results back in 3 weeks. I also got allergy tested and they said I was allergic to everything under the sun. But I think there’s something more going on.

Allergies are typically caused by inflammation of the gut. Since you are allergic to everything I wouldn’t necessarily stop eating those foods that came up on the test, but do a food rotation diet if you do the candida diet. This way the yeast won’t get used to the food you are eating.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Does this sound like candida?’ is closed to new replies.