Does this mean S Boulardii is working??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Does this mean S Boulardii is working??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  benc 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

punky
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

I started taking S Boulardii a few days ago, and ever since, I have been CRAVING carbs like crazy….

Question #1: Is this a die-off symptom? Does this mean the S Boulardii is working, and I should stick with it?

Question #2: Did you find it hard to lose weight until the candida was cured? if so, why does this happen?

Question #3: Which is better for Candida, S Boulardii or Culturelle?

Also re S Boulardii: My head felt clearer when right after I took it… I don’t know if this is psychosomatic, or temporary… I took Culturelle for awhile in December, and felt stronger and more energetic, clear- headed for a while, but then it subsided.Hope the S Boulardii is better, and these bad effects end soon…:-(

My back is also itchy and patchy with a rash… I’m not sure if this is due to the extra carbs that I’ve been eating or the S Boulardii… Yes I know I have to stop eating the carbs or the candida will just get worse… I’m back on the wagon today 🙂

thanks!

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I notice that I crave carbs and sugar more when the Candida is fighting for it’s life.

Question #1: Is this a die-off symptom? Does this mean the S Boulardii is working, and I should stick with it?

I started S.Boulardii 3 weeks ago, the first side affect I had was dry itchy skin on my torso, it was bad and in direct connection with starting the S.boulardii. You seems to have the same sort of rash, I wish I could know if more people get rashes when starting S.Boulardii.

Question #2: Did you find it hard to lose weight until the candida was cured? if so, why does this happen?

Yes, I started the diet last May, and didn’t loose any weight until December (no change in diet) and when the weight started coming off it was rapid, I lost 50#’s in two months and I’m still losing more now.

Here’s a good quote from Able about Candida and weight loss

There are several reasons why a person who suffers from a Candida overgrowth gains weight easier and finds it more difficult to lose the weight. The same reasons, in reverse, answers the question of why a person on a protocol and a diet which is progressively curing the infestation begins to lose weight.

1) The Candida fungus causes fluid retention and makes it more difficult to lose the water weight throughout the infestation.

2) Before it’s treated as well as during the treatment, a fungal yeast overgrowth such as Candida will almost always cause a thyroid imbalance. This is because it’s capable of blocking the hormone receptors, therefore decreasing hormone effects. Hormones control metabolism, and in this case, the thyroid almost always reacts with hypothyroid. Even with mild cases of a Candida overgrowth, hypothyroid is usually present to some degree whether it’s noticed or not. Sometimes the hypothyroid symptoms are mistaken as simply the Candida symptoms since the symptoms of Hypothyroidism mimic those of a Candida overgrowth.
    Once the infestation is cured, or nearly cured, the thyroid begins to return to normal. I had my levels checked during the worst of my infestation and then again afterwards, so I know this to be true. Of course, if the thyroid is severely damaged, then other steps may have to be taken even after a cure of the infestation.

3) More than normal levels of toxins in the body make weight loss more difficult, and everyone knows to what extent a Candida overgrowth affects the level of toxins in the body.

4) And the reason which I believe is the most significant along with hormones is that a Candida albicans overgrowth in the body triggers a response in the immune system which puts stress on the adrenal glands. When the adrenals are under stress, this causes a rise in cortisol levels which in turn signals your body to hold on to its fat reserve. To put it simply, stress of the adrenals will normally equal weight gain and/or the inability to lose weight.

Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
    • Fatigue
    • Weakness
    • Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight
    • Coarse, dry hair
    • Dry, rough pale skin
    • Hair loss
    • Cold intolerance (you can’t tolerate cold temperatures like those around you)
    • Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches
    • Constipation
    • Depression
    • Irritability
    • Memory loss
    • Abnormal menstrual cycles
    • Decreased libido

Able

It’s from this thread:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6883_Very-confused-and-a-bit-scared.aspx

Don’t be so hard on yourself about the carbs. There are some schools of thought that too low carbs can also feed Candida, through Ketones. Just be sure to choose smart carbs like oat bran, buckwheat and coconut. It’s about striking a healthy balance.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

i’ve started dosing with 2 x 5billion per day & for the first time since late last year i’ve noticed some die off symptoms. I had been rotating black walnut extract & olive extract, along with eating plenty of swede, sprout & cooking in coconut oil.

What I noticed is some dizziness, especially in tight spaces. A bit of skin flare up & some fatigue. Also increased thirst.

I’m going to back down to a 1 x 5billion per day & then build up it up when I feel back to normal.

I’m not expert, but from past experience (in the early stages – i’m at 12 months now), going slow is much better than what I would typically do by nature & going at it hard.

Thats prob not of much help to what you asked.

Gaining lean muscle is almost impossible I would say during this (especially with leaky gut), therefore losing body fat is not going to be easy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Does this mean S Boulardii is working??’ is closed to new replies.