does oral thrush mean gut overgrowth or just oral infection

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions does oral thrush mean gut overgrowth or just oral infection

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gingernut 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Somethingintheway
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi everyone, new to the forums
    I have a question – !
    i got a stool test done a few weeks ago to check for parasites, candida, fungi, etc overall gi health
    well the results finally came back which showed nothing except low amounts of good flora and moderate amounts of bad flora and some gut inflammation which the doc said was mild dysbiosis.
    the thing is a week before i got the results I took antibiotics (doxycycline 200mg daily) for exactly 7 days, and hydrocortisone for 3 days after that – and i can recall having a bit of a sweet tooth at the time as well -_- (i was also brushing my teeth quite sparingly during that time)
    now i’ve got a little bit of oral thrush (very mild) and am worried about candida overgrowth right after i finally got tested and cleared!
    to sum it up, is my oral thrush just oral candidiasis from the antibiotics or is a weeks worth of antibiotics enough to cause a candida overgrowth in the gut?
    i adopted the candida diet quite strictly for almost a week now along with probiotics and antifungals and with actually brushing my teeth >_< the thrush is alot better than when i noticed it, almost unnoticeable but still present.
    the antibiotics is for lyme (infected 10 months at this point) which i still need to properly adress but a strong herx reaction made me discontinue the two weeks of doxy after one week.
    thanks for your time – Anna

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you want diagnosis, I would check out the candia5 test. We aren’t going to diagnose you here.

-raster

Somethingintheway

well i guess i was more interested in how possible it is to have an overgrowth in the gut instead of just an oral infection after such a short time on antibiotics rather than a diagnosis,
    but thanks for your reply

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Somethingintheway;60490 wrote: well i guess i was more interested in how possible it is to have an overgrowth in the gut instead of just an oral infection after such a short time on antibiotics rather than a diagnosis,
    but thanks for your reply

Yes it is possible…

-raster

Somethingintheway

thats dreadful!
    how reliable is the candia5 test? is it a regular test used by people on this forum?
    thank again 🙂

Gingernut
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

Candia5 is a blood test kit, a blood test is considered to be the most reliable way to test for candida albicans.

http://candia5.com/about/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘does oral thrush mean gut overgrowth or just oral infection’ is closed to new replies.