Does green tea make candida worse?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Does green tea make candida worse?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bloupbloup 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bloupbloup
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I write here because that’s the only website that is not pro green tea to recover from Candida.

While many websites talk about the antioxidant and the polyphenols in the green tea, it does not mean this has a good effect on people’s body.
    I know that caffeine isn’t good for me. I think about caffeine in Coffee and also coke light (for sure I have stopped soda a long time ago) but I have been able to identify that caffeine was a problem.

Now, I think it is the same for tea. I drink 6 to 8 mugs of green tea since 5 years and I just stopped. It’s been 1 year that I have stopped coffee, alcohol. I am on a low carb diet. 6 months after I stopped, I felt really bad.I still had bad explosive diarrheas with pain in the belly.

The theine gives me the same effect than drinking coffee. I have read that some people answer the question of stopping tea by saying: “Can we drink caffeine free?”. It is easy to stop tea. They should try to stop tea and that’s it because I am not sure there aren’t other compounds in green tea that aren’t good for candida sufferers.

More importantly, without green tea, I have strong die off too. In other words, I have the feeling that green tea does not do anything at all.

Consequently, I wonder if green tea is just really bad for candida sufferers.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

If your adrenals are really weak, then even a small amount of caffeine can make you feel jittery, anxious. As well as having all kinds of other effects on your digestion, immunity etc. Green tea does contain theanine which balances out the effects of the caffeine to some degree, but yes I think it’s best to avoid it.

bloupbloup
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

For your information, I have tested a green tea with less theine in it, called bancha and the result was the same. I felt weak and tired. After I stopped drinking tea, I have found that my fatigue stabilized.

Quite interestingly, when i stopped to drink coffee, i had the same result. fatigue started to stabilize.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Does green tea make candida worse?’ is closed to new replies.