Does goats cheese feed the candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Does goats cheese feed the candida?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

helpme
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 72

I’ve tried it with no reaction this week

helpme

bumpybumpbump

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I searched the forums and came across this thread
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2378_why-isnt-goats-cheese-on-the-diet.aspx

Which turns out to be one of your own asking basically the same question. THat die off effecting your memory? …just kidding 🙂

I think the issue with this cheese has always been the mold. I actually tried a little after reading your original thread and it seemed Just nibbling on it I could taste mold. so I pitched it.

Would love to hear how it effects you after awhile. I love goat cheese.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I’m not sure how likely it is that goat’s cheese contains mould, since it’s only cured for a few days, if at all. It’s possible to make cheese just by pressing milk curd. I certainly wouldn’t assume it contained mould, but you might wanna check the pack or ask the manufacturer how they produce it.

If you can tolerate cow’s dairy and you’re worried about mould, you could try some paneer (Indian-style firm cottage cheese) or some quark (probiotic soft cheese). Mozzarella is traditionally served the day it’s made too.

helpme

Marbro wrote:
    THat die off effecting your memory? …just kidding 🙂

Hahaa not quite, just wanted a more definitive answer or just some replies from people who have eaten it on the diet.

My guess is that soft goats cheese does not contain mold, or if it does only a slight bit. But I was wondering if there are other factors that make it unsuitable (being a dairy food it obviously isn’t entirely beneficial.)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The main thing other than molds would be the lactose in the cheese. Lactose converts to sugar basically, so this would be feeding the candida.

When you eat foods, you should ask yourself “what benefit do I get from this food” and I would argue that the main benefit you get is flavor, maybe a little weight gain, and thats about it.

-raster

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I reccomend if your going to eat it anyways to drink a nice big glass of *home made from grains* water kefir before or right after. Since Kefir thrives off sugar, it will literally continue to eat this excess of sugar in your stomach, while balancing your pH.

*edit, this is just a quick fix alternitive i read about. Not an excuse to start eating a bunch of sugar. But a good way to deal with small amounts you may consume if your testing a new food on the diet.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Like the mould, I don’t think the lactose is such a big deal with the cheeses I mentioned either. The goat’s cheese in my local supermarket is 0.4% carbohydrate. I’ve seen mozzarella with a lower value. Obviously, the precise value will differ from batch to batch, but since cheese is eaten in relatively small amounts, we’re talking about less than half a gram – potentially 0.1-0.2g – per serving. A serving of Greek yoghurt or a Granny Smith apple contain 20-40 times that. Like raster and Able say, it’s best to look at it from the “how will it benefit my progress?” perspective. I don’t think it offers anything other foods don’t (except flavour), but it’s downsides also seem to be blown out of proportion.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Does goats cheese feed the candida?’ is closed to new replies.