Does coconut flour cause constipation?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Does coconut flour cause constipation?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  soon 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

momela
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 6

I have experimented with a few recipes containing coconut flour over the past two weeks and am experiencing a greater degree of constipation than normal. After browsing Google, I’m confused as to what might be contributing to this for me as all initial searches seem to indicate that it should relieve, not cause constipation.

Also, I’m used to dealing with this issue by eating massive amounts of fruit such as watermelon – as this is no longer an option for me, any suggestions on what might be helpful and OK on the diet would be appreciated. All I have in my cupboards is psyllum husk with bentonite clay and I understand that this is not recommended by forum members.

Thanks.

momela
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 6

I just found the Constipation remedies page via Anna’s list of recommended links.

soon
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 27

There’s a LOT of fiber in coconut flour. If your not accustomed to that much fiber it can give you constipation. For relief drink a lot of water, or try some aloe vera, or magnesium.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Does coconut flour cause constipation?’ is closed to new replies.