Does anyone take DIGESTIVE ENZYMES on their diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Does anyone take DIGESTIVE ENZYMES on their diet?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

My doc is recommending some by Allergy Research Group.
    He says that I should mix the different type I take since it has been known for people to form an intolerance if they simply use one kind.
    I think Allergy Resrach group have a variety like beef, pork, lamb etc.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’ve taken digestive enzymes for 2 years with excellent results.

I would check out pro-gest in comparison.

-raster

Bansaw
    Participant

Raster, What does it do for you? Less bloating / gas, or do you feel like you have more energy because the nutrients are getting broken down better?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Pro-gest, like all other enzyme supplements, will replace the natural enzymes that you’re body is responsible for producing on it’s on. Over time this will cause your body to literally “forget” how to make the natural enzymes. On the other hand, “Digestive Bitters” actually teaches your body once again to produce its own enzymes by stimulating the vagus nerve. This is why supplements of pure enzymes are never recommended on the forum protocol. Read the following post for more information.
    Swedish Digestive Bitters

Sean

Bansaw
    Participant

thanks Abel, my doc did tell me that any digestive enzymes I use should only be used on a temporary basis only, maybe for that reason you stated. My doc recommends the Allergy Research ones, Lamb, Beef, Pork natural glandular.
    I’ll investigate the Swedish.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It helps break down the foods you eat and is widely recommended in many candida protocols on the internet. Bitters work for some people while enzymes work for others. My naturopath uses both but am unsure which situations he uses bitters over enzymes.

-raster

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I use enzymes now. The only problem is it causes my pancreas to be lazy. However, the sweedish bitters were causing me to urinate many times a day, I couldn’t handle the diuretic in it. Dandelion root I believe. It didn’t make me feel great. Which sucks because I d rather use the bitters

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

while enzymes aren’t recommended by Able, I believe they help, too! I was taking this one, similase sensitive stomach, but I have now started to take similase gcfc, and it is working wonderfully in combination with hcl. My nd recommended bitters and enzymes in my case. I believe it is partly due to me having gastroparesis, so in reality, I already had a slow stomach. I don’t use the enzyme all the time, but I have been bouncing back and forth b/w just 1 enzyme pill, or just a small amount of bitters to stimulate things. As mooch stated though, I think the bitters make me thirsty sometimes, too.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

The bitters do make me constantly thirsty and I was thinking I had diabetes because of it. Stuff works for different people.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone take DIGESTIVE ENZYMES on their diet?’ is closed to new replies.