Does anyone know if candida causes nerve damage?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Does anyone know if candida causes nerve damage?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  narla21 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

narla21
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hi all,

I’ve been getting what I can only describe as tingling or ”vibrations” in my legs. First in the left thigh, then spreading across into the right..now down boths legs. I’ve noticed if I hit my leg (on purpose) it can set it off. When it starts by itself, it feels like my phone is in my pocket on vibrate.

It only lasts for a few seconds but is annoying and slightly worrying.

So yea, like the subject says – does anyone know if the candida could be causing this?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Candida albicans release toxins which have the potential of causing pain or tingling anywhere in the body. If the toxins are unloaded in the body in huge amounts, then they can ‘’curl” nerve endings which could cause painful joints and muscles and potentially the tingling you’ve spoken of. If you have a gluten intolerance in addition to the Candida overgrowth, then you would have an increased chance of experiencing these symptoms.

From your other posts on the forum it looks like you’ve had a Candida overgrowth for around a year now; are you following a treatment plan and if so, which one?

Able

narla21

I’m planning on starting the diet on here once I’ve got everything I need together.

I was reading something that said that not getting enough of vitamin b-12 can cause the tingling too, so maybe I’ll try taking pills or something.

How would a person know if they have a gluten intolerance? Is it something that can just develop? :S

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

narla21;32154 wrote: I’m planning on starting the diet on here once I’ve got everything I need together.
    I was reading something that said that not getting enough of vitamin b-12 can cause the tingling too, so maybe I’ll try taking pills or something.
    How would a person know if they have a gluten intolerance? Is it something that can just develop? :S

A gluten intolerance can actually develop at any age and is mainly an allergy to wheat. It’s possible for a gluten intolerance to gradually change into Celiac disease which is an autoimmune disorder of the small intestine. At that point a person can appear to be allergic to any number of foods, especially carbohydrates and sugars. Some of the symptoms are weight loss, fatigue, anaemia, gastrointestinal problems and especially diarrhea.

You would be better off not taking a single B vitamin because this can cause a deficiency of other B vitamins. Finding the exact cause of a tingling sensation is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack, so you can see how difficult it would be to treat it yourself. My advice is to go on a good Candida treatment and see if it helps.

Able

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hello Narla,

I had exactly what you speak of in your post. I also had tingling of half of my head (scary I know!). I had tingling and even numbing of the left side of my body, both extremities. I was given a very high dose of B vitamins that supposedly helps with this. Didn’t do a thing.

I don’t have this in months as I am 99% symptom free, but I do believe that physical therapy I got in September and maintaining those exercises helped. I remember that before my treatment I had these symptoms and those got much worse during the first 2/3 of my treatment. I think that candida and treating it overload our bodies and everything you have wrong escalates then: back pain, weak nerves…

Try to do some simple exercises for the posture, your neck etc. If you can get them through your GP that would be better since you would get professional advice on what works best for your symptoms. Yes, doctors are not completely useless… in few areas 🙂

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Please note that your symptoms very well could come from lumbar nerve pinching as well.
    How’s your back?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

In regards to what Able said, I can attest that gluten aggravates nerve issues. I have carpal tunnel syndrome, and I noticed a MASSIVE improvement in my nerve sensations in my hands when I quit eating gluten a couple of years ago, along with lots of other benefits that stem from eliminating a constant onslaught of allergens.

narla21

klips32;32266 wrote: Please note that your symptoms very well could come from lumbar nerve pinching as well.
    How’s your back?

My back is fine, haven’t had any trouble with it since this started as far as I can remember.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone know if candida causes nerve damage?’ is closed to new replies.