Does anyone have a weekly meal plan?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Does anyone have a weekly meal plan?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MV1991 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

MissNae88
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi,
    New to candida, well was on it once and fell off the wagon. Looking to get back on it. I’ve found it easier when I go by lists and plan things out so I was wondering if anyone has a weekly meal plan written out? Thanks in advance

Sanshou
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

Breakfast; Almond/coconut flour pancakes, eggs, oat meal. But most often I have something from the lunch or dinner menu.

Lunch; Soup most days as there are so many varieties and it freezes so well. Cauliflower or alternative grain pizza “very seldom”, lettuce wraps “tacos, chicken salad, burgers, etc”

Dinner; another freezer food with roast w/vegis tossed in a ducth oven, stir fries, more lettuce wraps, enchiladas “no noodles” even occasionally have lasagna with home made ricotta “no noodles” as I recently learned ricotta is surprisingly easy to make.

Desert; yogurt fruit/fudge popsicles, almond/coconut flour brownie based yogurt/cheese cake topped with nearly anything you want if you make it yourself to limit your sugar/carb exposure. And tons of other things I really shouldn’t mention as to not tempt others including myself.

I get a lot of my ideas from reddit, /r/ketorecipes but I don’t go over board on the alternative sweeteners like stevia and just use them as a supplement, to help reduce sugar cravings. And when I do eat sugary deserts I often try to mix them with homemade probiotics like yogurt or kefir to reduce the effects.

heyitsme77
    Topics: 0

Sanshou;60460 wrote: Breakfast; Almond/coconut flour pancakes, eggs, oat meal. But most often I have something from the lunch or dinner menu.

Lunch; Soup most days as there are so many varieties and it freezes so well. Cauliflower or alternative grain pizza “very seldom”, lettuce wraps “tacos, chicken salad, burgers, etc”

Dinner; another freezer food with roast w/vegis tossed in a ducth oven, stir fries, more lettuce wraps, enchiladas “no noodles” even occasionally have lasagna with home made ricotta “no noodles” as I recently learned ricotta is surprisingly easy to make.

Desert; yogurt fruit/fudge popsicles, almond/coconut flour brownie based yogurt/cheese cake topped with nearly anything you want if you make it yourself to limit your sugar/carb exposure. And tons of other things I really shouldn’t mention as to not tempt others including myself.

I get a lot of my ideas from reddit, /r/ketorecipes but I don’t go over board on the alternative sweeteners like stevia and just use them as a supplement, to help reduce sugar cravings. And when I do eat sugary deserts I often try to mix them with homemade probiotics like yogurt or kefir to reduce the effects.

Thank you Sanshou!

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

MissNae88;60440 wrote: Hi,
    New to candida, well was on it once and fell off the wagon. Looking to get back on it. I’ve found it easier when I go by lists and plan things out so I was wondering if anyone has a weekly meal plan written out? Thanks in advance

I’m ok with breakfast – I always have a protein shake and with dinner – usually curry or suchlike with cauliflower rice. However lunch is quite a different story, and is usually my big downfall as I’ve begun to hate salads and soup isn’t filling enough without bread. There is nothing at work except for sandwiches and people are forever buying cake/doughnuts for celebrations.

I need to be organised enough at the weekend to make meals to freeze and something to take in as a treat as well – otherwise I fall off the wagon. In fact I’ve been so dreadful lately (I ate quite a few of the left over sweets from trick or treat) and ended off with mild die off over the weekend together with an outbreak of painful hives. That has shocked me back to my senses, and from now on I’m determined to plan in advance and draw up a menu plan for the week ahead. I’ve decided to start eating my main meal at lunchtime – I can always just make an omelette in the evening.

MissNae88
    Topics: 1

Thanks so much!

Sanshou
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

AngelaL;60486 wrote:

Hi,

I’m ok with breakfast – I always have a protein shake and with dinner – usually curry or suchlike with cauliflower rice. However lunch is quite a different story, and is usually my big downfall as I’ve begun to hate salads and soup isn’t filling enough without bread. There is nothing at work except for sandwiches and people are forever buying cake/doughnuts for celebrations.

I need to be organised enough at the weekend to make meals to freeze and something to take in as a treat as well – otherwise I fall off the wagon. In fact I’ve been so dreadful lately (I ate quite a few of the left over sweets from trick or treat) and ended off with mild die off over the weekend together with an outbreak of painful hives. That has shocked me back to my senses, and from now on I’m determined to plan in advance and draw up a menu plan for the week ahead. I’ve decided to start eating my main meal at lunchtime – I can always just make an omelette in the evening.

My soups are often chicken breast, so I end up dumping a bunch of olive oil or coconut oil in to bring up the fat content to help it be more filling. Also I’m not sure what you use in your soups, but I’ve had no reaction to lentils after almost a year of using them in moderation and they can make a soup very filling.

MV1991
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 6

I have a few options per category. I will note that I have one serving of carbs and one serving of fruit per day, not at every meal — these are just my options.

Breakfasts: cooked millet (with coconut oil), raw nut yogurt with 1 cup berries or grapefruit, 1 cup sprouted buckwheat cereal with hempmilk and nuts, soy-free miso soup with zucchini noodles or greens

Snacks: green apple, celery sticks, kale chips, lacto-fermented pickles, chia pudding

Lunches: green salad, chopped salad, vegetable plate with dip, 1 cup of cooked bean soup, blender soup

Dinners: steamed vegetables, zucchini noodles, chopped salad, 1 small baked sweet potato

*Desserts: fresh coconut meat, fresh coconut-berry “ice cream”

*once a week or so

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone have a weekly meal plan?’ is closed to new replies.