Doctor reccomendation

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Doctor reccomendation

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mjaj
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

I noticed that the candida diet is in 3 stages, my doctor has me doing everything at once – Fluconazole(generic Diflucan)but did not tell me to detox, just to eat 5 servings of vegetables and 3 servings of fruit each day and put me on Metagenics Ultra Flora IB, many supplements and XymogenEP igG 2000 DF.I’m a little concerned, I am a little better after one month of medication. I just started my second month. Felt some die off but uncertain because it was only for a few days – well headaches and then alot of stomach bloating. My ears ring alot right now and my joints are still sore. I do not have heart burn every day like I used to. Has anyone found success this way?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

First of all, pay no attention to a timeline that you may see on a website, even on this website. Everyone is different and everyone is going to respond to different stages of treatment in their own time. Recommending one timeline for everyone is like saying that the same shoe size fits all.

The Metagenics Ultra Flora IB probably doesn’t contain enough different strains of beneficial bacterial to actually cure the Candida infestation. From the information I found, it looks as though it only contains a few different strains.
    Be careful with the prescription drug Difflucan. The milder effects are of this medication are change in taste; diarrhea; dizziness; headache; indigestion; mild stomach pain; nausea; vomiting.

For the following severe allergic reactions you should seek medical attention; rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness. In addition, dark urine; fever; irregular heartbeat; loss of appetite; pale stools; red-swollen-blistered or peeling skin; seizures; severe or persistent diarrhea, nausea and/or vomiting; sore throat; swelling of the hands; unusual or severe stomach pain; unusual tiredness; yellowing of the eyes or skin. And this is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur.

In addition, some studies have claimed that taking too much or for too long or you can end up with C. Glabrata, a much more dangerous form of Candida fungus that is much more difficult to cure.

I would expect you to be quite a bit better after a month if you were on a strenuous Candida diet and supplements, and certainly you would have experienced more die-off symptoms by now. However, the reason you’ve not is the combination of far too much fruit (sugar 3X a day) and the lack of a strong enough probiotic and other powerful antifungals. It might pay you to read some of the posts on this forum about curing the infestation.

How long do you think you’ve had Candida?
    Also, other than the number of vegetables and fruit, what else does your doctor have you eating on a daily basis? What about your salt and toothpaste?

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Definitely cut the amount of fruits. I personally feel that protien with every meal is recommended, so I would look into meats to eat.

As far as recovering from candida, it can take as long as 6-18 months to completely heal from candida. Everyone is different of course.

If you want to get better faster, I recommend going to a naturopathic doctor (unless you are already going to one). If you are already going to one, I would recommend a new doctor because his advice doesn’t sound so good in my opinion.

mjaj
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

@ Able900

I’m not sure how long I have been suffering from candida, but the last year or two I have had it for sure. I use Kiss my Face toothpaste – it has sorbitol in it. I’m a little disappointed in my doctor He said I have leaky gutt and my blood test showed Candida too. He is an MD but prizes himself on curing you not masking your problems. He did not recommend any other diet changes except to add more fruits and veggies. I think he was looking at the fact that I was a fast food everyday kinda girl and I loved sugar, plus I drank about 3 Mello Yellows a day. He said he wasn’t going to take anything away from me he just wanted me to add the fruits and veggies. I’m really afraid now about this Diflucan, I don’t know if I should just finish the second month or if thats too long. I know the candida is still in my body but I do feel better. My ears ring alot, I have not got any yeast infections but I have had a diaper rash a couple times in the last 2 years – I thought it was an allergy. Now I just have an irritation down there. I get stomache aches alot when I eat – I don’t know if it is the Diflucan or Candida. I have quit pop completely – when I crave badly I have diet coke. The Candida diet is very difficult for me but I do want to get better. If I eat a little sugar will it sabbotage everything? Is brown rice syrup ok? I have changed my diet drastically, but not as crazy as the Candida Diet. This summer I tried the fat belly cure and then fell off the boat (you cut your suger to 15g sugar a day)I lasted like 3 days and lost 5 pounds. When I went back to old habits the Candida hit me, well I think anyway, but a year ago I had side effects of Candida and was in to the doctor seeing if I had a UTI or yeast and both times that doctor said no. I even had an alergy test with my natural MD – no allergies. I have ear nose and throat irritation all the time. Since I changed my diet I lost about 15 pds. most of it the first week and a half. Now I weigh 125 pds. I did cut even fruit my first week and I did sleep better, but I didn’t know anything about dieoff and thought I was getting worse. So I guess a strict diet is vital, but when you start to feel better you think you can eat more. Oh boy what a battle. Thanks for responding to me, I am going to try another probiotic with more strains. I am going broke though with all these different supplements.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Majaj.

Comments and suggestions to your post are below.

Quote: “I use Kiss my Face toothpaste – it has sorbitol in it.”
    Reply: You should stop using this; the sorbitol is feeding the Candida. Candida feed on sugar alcohols just the same as pure sugar. Truvia and pure Stevia Extract are two safe ones for most people.

Important: As long as you are feeding the Candida anything at all, they are able to breed and therefore multiply their numbers in your body, and this will only prolong the length of time needed to cure your body of the infestation.

Quote: “He said I have leaky gut and my blood test showed Candida too … He did not recommend any other diet changes except to add more fruits and veggies.”
    Reply: This is probably the most ridiculous suggestion I’ve heard thus far from a doctor, and I thought I’d heard them all.

Quote: “He said he wasn’t going to take anything away from me he just wanted me to add the fruits and veggies.”
    Reply: Nothing less than insane.

Quote: “I’m really afraid now about this Difflucan, I don’t know if I should just finish the second month or if that’s too long.”
    Reply: Whether you continue the Difflucan or not is your choice, no one can make this one for you.

Quote: “I know the candida is still in my body but I do feel better.”
    Reply: This is the very reason that so many Candida patients take 5, 10 and even 20 years to cure their infestation, and sadly, many never do. Feeling a little better is never a reason to stop the treatment.

Quote: “I get stomach aches a lot when I eat – I don’t know if it is the Difflucan or Candida.”
    Reply: It’s the Candida, Leaky Gut, and Difflucan. It’s no wonder you have stomach aches.

Quote: “I have quit pop completely – when I crave badly I have diet coke.”
    Reply: You haven’t “quit pop” at all. You may as well go ahead and have a regular Coke and forget about the diet Coke. Diet Cokes contain both high fructose corn syrup and Aspartame (NutraSweet), both of which are feeding the Candida in your body.

Quote: “The Candida diet is very difficult for me but I do want to get better.”
    Reply: Try to keep in mind that you are neither the first nor the last person to go through this and find it difficult. In fact, thousands of people are on the diet at this moment, and they’re curing their Candida infestation. Every step of the diet is about a choice you have to make with that next tiny step; they’re all your choices and no one can make even one of them for you.

Quote: “If I eat a little sugar will it sabotage everything?”
    Reply: Yes, most definitely. By doing this you will only continue to ‘feel a little better’ now and then, yet making no progress towards a cure.

Quote: “Is brown rice syrup ok?”
    Reply: Absolutely not. Neither is brown rice for the first 2 to 4 weeks of the diet, depending on the degree of your infestation.

Quote: “I have changed my diet drastically, but not as crazy as the Candida Diet.”
    Reply: And this is your problem. You’ve not changed anything drastically enough to cure the infestation.

Quote: “When I went back to old habits the Candida hit me…”
    Reply: Of course it did, and this will continue to happen until you decide to stick with the diet long enough to go on the antifungals and probiotic and cure the infestation.

Quote: “I have ear nose and throat irritation all the time.”
    Reply: That’s the Candida albicans moving into these areas of your body.

Quote: “I didn’t know anything about die-off and thought I was getting worse.”
    Reply: You should read the post titled “Die-off Dangers” dated August 27 before going any further, that is if you decide you want to cure your infestation.

Quote: “So I guess a strict diet is vital, but when you start to feel better you think you can eat more.”
    Reply: To repeat, that’s been your problem.

Quote: “Oh boy what a battle.”
    Reply: That’s exactly what it is; a battle between you and the Candida albicans, but it’s definitely a winnable battle.

Quote: “I am going to try another probiotic with more strains. I am going broke though with all these different supplements.”
    Reply: If you’re going to sincerely try and cure your infestation, Do Not start a new probiotic yet. First you will need to do the detox diet and get rid of at least a portion of the Candida population before starting a stronger probiotic. This way you will prevent becoming sicker from the die-off. Let me know if you’re going to make a genuine attempt at a cure, and we can discuss your next step. If you do not wish to waste more money, follow the instructions you receive here. There is no need to spend hundreds of dollars on a medicine cabinet full of antifungals when 2 or 3 excellent ones will do the same job. If your decision is to start the detox diet, please read the “die-off” post first.

“Every decision we make is a step into our future.”

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Doctor reccomendation’ is closed to new replies.