Doctor prescribed antibiotics! What now?!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Doctor prescribed antibiotics! What now?!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Rose05
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Hello all, my doctor just prescribed me antibiotics for my sinusitis. 10 days of Amoxicillin. I was also prescribed nystatin to try and prevent a yeast infection…anyone have any other advise for what to do when you HAVE to take antibiotics? I am already drinking Kiefer milk, eating lots or organic plain yogurt, and taking ultimate flora 50 billion count probiotic…What else can I do? Should I go heavy on the anti-fungals as well?

Thanks for all the help! -Rose

sallyf024
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 22

Able posted a great reply to me on the same topic…(page two on the General Discussion – “I need to take antibiotics – help” You have to do what you have to do and the answer is probiotics. I am now following his directive and keeping my fingers crossed. Good Luck!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Rose05 wrote: Hello all, my doctor just prescribed me antibiotics for my sinusitis. 10 days of Amoxicillin. I was also prescribed nystatin to try and prevent a yeast infection…anyone have any other advise for what to do when you HAVE to take antibiotics? I am already drinking Kiefer milk, eating lots or organic plain yogurt, and taking ultimate flora 50 billion count probiotic…What else can I do? Should I go heavy on the anti-fungals as well? Thanks for all the help! -Rose

Hello, Rose.

That’s a tough break, but you won’t be the first to go on an antibiotic while treating a Candida infestation.

My suggestion is to try and keep the beneficial bacteria count as high as possible even though the antibiotic will be killing the good right along with the bad. I would double the probiotic to two a day; one in the morning at least an hour before breakfast and the other one should be taken at night, at least two hours after your last food.

Remain strictly on the Candida diet during this time. If you are eating any red meat at all, stop at once; the reason being that unless you are eating organically grown beef every time you have beef, then you are adding more antibiotics to your body with each meal containing beef, chicken, or pork. Eat only organic eggs for most of your protein source, and if you can find it, purchase only organically raised chicken during the ten days you’re on the antibiotic.

Candida is a difficult fight during an antibiotic treatment, but hopefully you can come through it without too much trouble by doing what I’ve suggested.

Please keep us posted.
    Good luck.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Also if you have too much bloating(gas) from probiotic, take a break from it for a day or two to allow beneficial bacteria to regain their foothold. Then starting taking it again as your body is more in balance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Doctor prescribed antibiotics! What now?!’ is closed to new replies.