Do medications totally negate

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Do medications totally negate

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lithia
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

So I already sort of posted this question but I’m still lost. Is it completely counterproductive to take any pills whille fighting candida? Or will they negate what I do diet wise? I have bipolar 1 disorder as well as candidiasis. I also need to avoid getting pregnant so I’m considering the pill. I can’t really afford a naturopath so I’m trying to navigate this on my own. I have brain fog and memory and concentration issues which could be depression or candida related. And I have pain with sex and tingly skin which is uncomfortable and worsens my depression. Last time I tried fighting my depression without meds I went manic and I literally can’t afford another episode. But right mow im suffering depression and im not moving forward.I have read that stress can worsen candida but I’m relying on the diet working thereby reducing my stress by improving my outlook on life. Whenever I have started cleanses my emotions go all out of wack. I wish I could take something to stay stable during or have confirmation that once I heal candida I will stabilize emotionally. But I don’t know about the mental component. It feels out if my control. Bipolar people swear by their meds so I feel like I have to choose between taking pharmaceuticals while suffering candida symptoms or suffering mentally but possibly healing symptoms.I wish there were more research on this. I may be the ginny pig on this. Any advice?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you take the pill, this is the greatest cause of CRC (candida related complex) and so essentially this will mess up any kind of treatment you’d try to do.

If you are still depressed after taking anti-depressents it means they are not effective in my opinion.

If the medication you are taking is in the SSRI category, then it can completely alter your progress.

All medications prevent the body from detoxing via the liver properly so this is one thing that your medication is doing to your body and thus the brain fog.

The cleanses should not be your focal point on getting better, they barely dent the candida populations and don’t bring a great amount of benefit.

What are you doing to detox from the toxins? Are you doing the diet currently? Are you taking probiotics and antifungals?

I had a friend who is bipolar and he was on the meds on and off for about 10 years. They basically made him normal and a little weird/off which he didn’t like, so he stopped taking them and is feeling great as far as I know. Everyone’s different but he found that he was better off without them.

-raster

Lithia
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Thanks for your reply. That sounds about right. Of course if I go the medication route, there is a good chance I won’t end up feeling much better either. I am not on anything except right now and I’m not doing the diet other than avoiding wheat products. I want to come up with a plan that I can stick to and go on autopilot with a couple of years, with peace of mind that I’m doing the right thing. Currently, I am breastfeeding and so I can’t do the full diet or the antifungals because apparently I need higher energy foods and antifungals could hurt the baby. I need extra calories and I also barely sleep at night so there is a lot of depletion going on in my body. I am thinking of trying to slowly take something out of my diet each month rather than going cold turkey. Each time I have started it (I call the diet lifestyle in general the cleanse?) I’m not sure the difference between the cleanse and the candida diet?. I feel like I will be one of those people who needs to stick to it for life and at least two years very strictly before seeing results. Anyway, both times I have done the diet, I have happened to have really bad hypoglycemic shakes and severe anger outbursts along with mania. I don’t know if it is a coincidence or something about the die off affecting my moods. That’s why I want to gradually take things out. When I finally go full throttle I was thinking of doing probiotics, coconut oil/oregano oil (and rotating to other antifungals as necessary), eating mostly meats and green veggies and fading minimal amounts or quinuoa/brown rice/potatoes in and out as necessary, and maybe skin brushing and epsom salt baths for detoxing. Extra vitamin C, B complex, digestive enzyme, evening primrose (hormone balancing), and cod liver oil and lots of water. Is there anything else I should be doing for detox? I’m trying to find the most cost effective plan as possible as well.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to support your liver if you go through this. I would consider an elimination diet. There is one out there that is called GAPS I believe and this may help you. What I would do is slowly cut out the grains, the sugars, the starches, and things high in mold until you get to able’s strict forum diet. I am talking about a period of 6 months or so.

The symptoms you describe sound like you have blood sugar problems (not eating often enough) and your liver likely was really ailing from the cleansing and thus the symptoms. Cleanses are hard on the body and so you should consider not trying it out in the future.

The diet and cleanse are completely different. The diet is more long term and just encompasses what you eat and how you handle it. The cleanse is a short term 1-2 week (or less) thing where you eat vegetables mostly plus a few cleansing agents.

But if you have a ton of yeast, guess what all of those toxins will do to the body? It can cause liver damage and kidney damage so you need a detox plan to deal with this.

A great way to detox is to sweat via the skin which is the bodies largest organ by doing sauna, steam room, etc. Another way is to take liver support supplements such as milk thistle, nettle tea, etc. When you do the diet its essential you detox, otherwise you will feel like crap. What happens if you crap in a toilet and don’t flush it for a week? This is what happens to your body when you don’t detox properly…

Anti-oxidants a general way to detox.

I can write more in time but you should look at the forum protocol your next go around.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Do medications totally negate’ is closed to new replies.