Do i need to start all over again?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Do i need to start all over again?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  myword12345 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Suzie
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 1

Hi all, I’m new to this forum but have been on the programme since September. I don’t think I’ve managed it particularly well due to having a binge problem which I have only now come to understand better.
    To begin with I was doing very well, and when I say well I mean at least sticking to it despite the debilitating cravings I felt in every waking moment. I have since read Doreen Virtues book called Constant Craving which has shed a lot of light on why I binge. So now I am working on that so I can continue the Candida programme properly. I need to point out that my binging is on healthy foods, however the coffee creeps in which isn’t so good. I end up binging on nuts, greek yoghurt, the coconut bread or zuchinni muffins so I just don’t make them. Which is a shame but I just can’t be trusted.
    I did the detox, started the diet, took the good bacteria and anti fungals all at the time recommended. I then went through a really stressful event at my work and ended up drinking loads of coffee. Then I ended up eating hummus and carrots which brought the candida back with a vengeance. Ever since then I have never been able to get the candida back under control and have a horribly sore throat all the time with post nasal drip and brain fog.
    I work on bringing my stress down everyday with positive affirmations and working on my emotions. I’m doing an online programme right now based on that very thing and have learned the hard way not to get so overly focused on projects in my work.
    I had lost 10lb which I have now put back on in the space of a week a few weeks ago after a bread binge and now it won’t budge. It’s so frustrating. I guess that I’m not exactly requesting help as such because the only person that can do it is me but I’m wondering if anyone else out there has this problem.
    I would also like to hear if anyone thinks I need to start over completely?
    Thanks in advance
    Suzie

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Hi Suzie,

Have you ever looked into estrogen dominance/pcos? If that is the case for you then you are going to struggle with everything you mentioned until you specifically treat it. Thyroid treatment is often required in women with those issues too. I recommend Katie Humphreys book as a starting point if it seems that glove fits. She recommends supplements in that book for the company she represents, but its probably the best one stop program out there. Read sttm for info on thyroid. The only food you mentioned that looks like it would be problematic is carrots. I wouldnt think you need to start over with the detox, just take it a bit easier on the carbs, say 125 g per day.

Suzie
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 1

Hi, thank you for your reply. I had/have been suffering from some kind of hormone imbalance characterized by not ever knowing when my period would show up and horrible PMT which would always result in binging. I started taking a supplement called Thym-Adren which worked amazingly and now I my cycle is back to normal and I don’t feel PMT symptoms. It was a supplement I was prescribed in 2008 along with a number of others when I suffered the same symptoms so it made sense to try it again. I don’t have PCOS but the Estrogen dominance may be a factor. My thyroid was low in 2008 also so it is a weakness in me, however the hair test I did this year didn’t show any signs. I’m not going to rule it out though because some of my symptoms would suggest it might be low such as hair loss around the hair line. I’m interested in the book you mention so will check it out and I will definitely be stricter with my carbs each day. Thank you!

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

The best way to diagnose thyroid is symptoms. Read up on dr brownstein too. He’s even got a couple good vids up on youtube. Good Luck! I think you’ll be feeling a lot better in a short time.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You never need to start over again, just make adjustments. The supplements are the x-factor in any treatment. You likely have a slightly damaged thyroid; it can be healed quite easily with the correct supplements from my experience. Most testing won’t indicate a thyroid problem. Additionally, most testing does not look at iodine levels.

-raster

myword12345
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 55

I thought humus was ok to eat?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Do i need to start all over again?’ is closed to new replies.