Do I have Candida overgrowth????????

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Do I have Candida overgrowth????????

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Candidguy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Candidguy
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hello,
    I am a newbie to this forum and I came here all the way searching for help to my recurring yeast infections over the past 7 years!Let me take you to a slight flashback to my past so that everything could be well traced regarding my assumption of a Candida overgrowth.

Up till the age of 16 years I was almost perfectly alright with my personal health and hygiene when things started to change quite abruptly at the onset of my late puberty.I was a voracious eater at that time and it was like I took at least 4 full meals(at least 1200 calories each)with two courses of snacks(about 600 calories each) each day.I took mostly diets very rich in refined sugars and carbohydrates along with loads of fast foods that resulted in an exceedingly abnormal weight gain of at least 35 lbs within 4 months.I continued to be obese for the next 5 years and clocked 210 lbs at some stage.Another habit I developed that I feel extremely shameful mentioning is that I remained bath-less for weeks and was like having a phobia about taking showers.I don’t know if it allowed the fungus to colonize on my skin.

Anyways,getting back to the point, it all started when I had an unusual itchy red rash on my beard area that kept vanishing and coming back mysteriously.I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis around five years ago and was prescribed a long term treatment with ketoconazole(Nizoral) shampoo for my itchy and flaky scalp and the tinea(rigngworm) infection of my face and the groin.The infections subsided after a 3 month treatment with the azole group of anti-fungals.But they eventually came back when I discontinued using the medications and had to rush to my doctor again.He asked me to continue with Nizoral and prescribed me a clotrimazole(Lotrimin) based ointment for my exacerbated condition of the groin.The infection around my groin subsided again and I was asked to continue with Nizoral for my head indefinitely.The itchy red and flaky rash on my cheeks and beard area kept on recurring as usual.

Recently, when I lost around some 50 lbs of weight over a span of one year I was amazed to discover the benefits of having a well controlled diet along with a healthy body weight.I am currently on a very low carb diet with less starchy foods and almost no forms of refined sugar .I consume fish regularly,occasionally chicken and rarely meat skimmed of the fatty portions.I have also eliminated fast foods completely from my diet.

But to my surprise I had caught an athlete’s foot infection two weeks ago!And it is accompanied by some heavy intestinal bloating and flatulence.I never had athlete’s foot before and the infection has spread to my fingers some days ago and today I was surprised to notice similar red patches of rashes on my cheeks!So far I have tried using miconazole nitrate ointment to my athlete’s foot,it burns on application and shows no results even after 10 days of its use.I am completely confused as to if it’s the Candida die off symptoms?Or is it my lowered immunity due to very tightly controlled diet?

Recently I have been suffering from cold palms and feet and I feel shaky even under warmers this winter.I have also noticed an unusual rise in bilirubin levels as a yellow touch to my skin and in urine.It’s just over the margin confirmed by a liver function test.I wonder if it candida die off in progress as I had been really tight with my diet over the past few months?

Any advice would be highly appreciated and welcomed as means to help me recognize my condition.Thanks for a patient reading.

I await your valuable responses………………

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out the symptoms list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6305_100-candida-symptoms-list.aspx

You likely are detoxing the toxins via the skin because of some kind of gut flora imbalance. Your skin should improve if you help heal the liver.

-raster

Candidguy
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

raster;53135 wrote: Check out the symptoms list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6305_100-candida-symptoms-list.aspx

You likely are detoxing the toxins via the skin because of some kind of gut flora imbalance. Your skin should improve if you help heal the liver.

-raster

I am not surprised as to how many symptoms are matching my condition:

* Acid reflux……………(occasional acid reflux)
    * Bloating………………(often noticeable)
    * Burping……………….(occasional)
    * Indigestion……………(often without any changes in diet)
    * Constipation…………..(occasional)
    * Flatulence and gas……..(extremely common in recent times)
    * Colitis……………………..(has family history of chronic colitis)
    * Diarrhea………………(often without significant changes in dietary habits that heals automatically the next day or in some days)

* Diabetes……………….(has family history of diabetes)

* Fluid retention………..(very evident at times)
    * Excess mucous………….(has been an issue)

* Frequent colds…………(cold hands and feet recently)
    * Cough…………………(frequently several times a year)
    * Bronchitis…………….(Patchy Pneumonitis confirmed by X-ray in childhood)
    * Sore throat

* Hypoglycemia……………………..(had an attack a few months ago)
    * Chronic Fatigue Syndrome…………..(has been a problem from teenage)
    * Brain fog and Confusion……………..(had been an issue in the past few years)
    * Depression and Headaches……………(had been an issue in the past few years)
    * Lack of mental clarity……………….(had been an issue in the past few years)
    * Mood swings and irritability…………..(recently)
    * Lethargy and weakness…………………….(had been an issue in the past few years)
    * Concentration difficulty……………………(had been an issue in the past few years)
    * Anxiety……………………………………(recent rise in mental tension)

* Athlete‚Äôs foot…………….(recent occurrence for first time)

* Acne……………………………….(had been an issue from teenage)
    * Dermatitis and Eczema………….(diagnosed with seborrheic and irritant contact dermatitis)
    * Chemical sensitivities………….(extremely sensitive skin)
    * Frequent Fungal infections…………(recurrent rashes on cheeks and scalp)
    * Genital rashes……………………..(had jock itch and penile rash)
    * Rectal itching………………………(had instances of rectal irritation)

* Muscle pain………………..(had frequent muscle twitching recently)

* Body odor………………….(had very bad body odor in the past but subsided with a less carb and sugary diet)

* Hormonal imbalances………(had gynecomastia removed surgically and wide hips)

* Rhinitis………………..(has been a persistent problem)

* Visual problems………….(have blurred vision most times that resolves sometimes spontaneously)

* Urinary frequency………..(frequent urination with increased water intake)

* White coating on tongue…..(thick white coating on tongue)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Do I have Candida overgrowth????????’ is closed to new replies.