Do I have Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Do I have Candida?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Roxxi 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Roxxi
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

I’m not sure if I even have Candida. 4 months ago I broke out with PD “Perioral Dermatitis” on my face. When I googled PD several people said they had Candida and cleared it up with the diet, so I googled The Diet and decided What the heck. I started the first week of veggies only. By the 6th or 7th day my face was clear except for a few bumps :). I was thrilled!! I stayed on the diet. I introduced foods too soon and my face broke out again. Does this mean I have to start “Stage 1” over again??? I hope not…it wasn’t easy for me. The only other thing I had was white on my tongue. I wasn’t sick…I felt good. I ate everything especially Pasta & sweets. Then I broke out with PD and you know the rest. Does white on my tongue mean I have Candida? This is all new to me. Not sure if this has anything to do with Candida, but I’ve had Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue for over 14 years. One more question..Have any of you taken ‘Diflucan’ or heard of it? Is it harmful?
    Thank you!
    Roxxi

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We aren’t going to say whether you have it or not because there is no way to know. However, you can get testing done to see if you have candida.

Dr. Mcoombs feels that candida can cause a variety of immune disorders and diseases including Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, arthritis, diabetes, etc. If you’ve ever taken antibiotics in your lifetime, this can cause a gut flora imbalance by itself. Additionally, he feels that anyone with skin disorders is not producing enough HCL (hydrochloric acid) and you can supplement this with something like zypan or betaine HCL and should notice an improvement.

Considering how much of an improvement you made over 6-7 days on the diet, I’d say there is a strong cause and effect relationship here between your diet and your health. Plan on a 6-18 month recovery timeline to get over years of living unhealthy and abusing the body.

As far as stages, this is what we follow on the forum:
    stage 0: cleanse
    stage 1: long term diet
    stage 2: for when you get better and basically are symptom free
    stage 3: long term healthy non-candida diet

So I guess I don’t know what stage you are on right now, but I basically would eat whatever agrees with your body and symptoms for now. Slowly work in foods as you get better.

Diflucan can cause die-off which damages your liver and kidneys. If you want to prevent this, read this post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

-raster

Roxxi
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

Thank you so much, raster, for your help! I really appreciate it. I will definitely read about Diflucan.
    BTW, I’m on stage 1. Think I’ll wait 2 to 3 more months before introducing any new foods, since I just ate a tomato 3 weeks ago and my face got worse after eating it. Right now I’m just eating lots of veggies to clear the PD on my face. My concern being on this diet is that I’m getting very very thin and I’m not sure what to do about it. Anyhow, Thanks again.
    Roxxi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Do I have Candida?’ is closed to new replies.