Do I have candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Do I have candida?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DmxDex 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DmxDex
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I’m am 28 years old and have lived off a processes diet all my life. I have suffered a lot especially since I was 16.

I was diagnosed with adhd last year but meds haven’t fully helped my symptoms.

Yesterday my tongue was coated white, this morning the back is white, I did the spit test and my spit on multiple occasions has string and stuff drops to the bottom.

I have told I have Ibs aswell. I get diarrhea bloating and sometimes constipation. I always feel like I have emptied my bowls fully.

I can get very itchy, dry skin.

Pins and needles in hands and feet, I tried sublingual vitamin b 12. Pins and needles have settled down but it will come back.

I have suffered with constant depressed ranging from low mood to full on major depression. I have anxiety issues. Fatigue and insomnia. Some of my fatigue and depression comes and goes after a 2 week process. I don’t work due to how I am but am desperate to have a life. My docs don’t care in the UK.

Does it sound like candida is the issue? I have to take matters into my own hands.

I have had my thyroid checked twice and it was fine. Had a lot blood work aswell and all fine.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

Frankly, I see no reason to believe there is a candida issue. Of course this does not mean that candida is not an issue, but your description contains no hints toward candida.

The spit test is not reliable. This was posted somewhere on this forum; if you like, I could try to find the relevant forum thread for you.

All other symptoms, bad as they are, could very well be a consequence of your ADHD and anxiety disorder. ADHD is a cause of stress, and stress is known to be a major contributor to congestion problems, irritable skin, and insomnia.

Apart from the insomnia, these were the problems I experienced when my stress level was too high. Fortunately, I have succeeded in changing my life pattern and thereby reducing my stress level; since then, my gut problems almost disappeared (though these do remain a weak spot), and my skin problems have gone.

Therefore, I recommend you to reduce your stress level. Try changing your circumstances, and try changing your way of thinking/reacting. As long as the level of stress you experience is reduced, you’ll benefit greatly. I think this has a much higher chance of success than gambling on candida (or, for that matter, anything else) being the cause.

I wish you all the best!

Rabelais

DmxDex

So why do no medications work? And why do I have Ibs which evidence suggest is caused by bacteria or candida. I’m not convinced.

Fact I have lived off processed food all my life.

Adhd is a syndrome. It’s linked to bad food and gut problems.

And a lot of my symptoms are not adhd related. I go on the adhd forums and most respond well to meds. My depression and anxiety are not linked to my adhd. Adhd depression is more the feelings of failure.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

You don’t need to be convinced, because I’m not trying to convince you.

I’m just offering you my personal thoughts. It’s up to you to decide whether these thoughts do, or do not, apply to your situation. No-one but you can do that.

I can only tell you that in my situation, medications didn’t work either. At most, they only reduced the symptoms somewhat, and only for a limited time. This included my IBS.

So your current situation is almost identical to my past situation. Therefore, I share the way I recovered from that situation.

Again, it’s up to you to try going the same route, or to ignore my advice. Whatever you decide, you will neither harm nor benefit me. It’s entirely your own personal choice. I can only offer my experience, which is exactly what I’m trying to do here.

DmxDex

The methods you mentioned I have already tried. My stress levels have been reduced. I have done 2 course of cbt and seen a councillor. My depression and anxiety come on with no reason.

I have over 40 symptoms of physical and mental health problems.

I use to be hardcore it’s in your head.

But due to my physical problems feel the problem lies else where.

I wasn’t attacking your opinion I was stating my own research and methods that haven’t resolved my health.

From what I have seen if meds don’t work the problem lies elsewhere the medical world makes us all believe it’s all in your head. Why has adhd and autism shot up so much?

I get major sugar cravings aswell. If I was to pull up a candida symptom list I would be ticking a lot of the symptoms.

DmxDex

I was naughty yesterday and had a big toffee cake. And today I’m very foggy and out of it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Do I have candida?’ is closed to new replies.